IT.COM

sales Cars.com is the largest domain sale in history

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Great...
Now I feel like my mCars .net worth something.....:xf.grin:

•••
Prepare for future and for the advanced voice search and AI :)
SelfDrivingCarsFor.Sale
Self-DrivingCarsFor.Sale
SelfDrivingCars.Vip

SelfDrivingCarsFor.Sale.png
Self-DrivingCarsFor.Sale.png
selfdrivingcars.vip.png

•••
Domaingang is also a satire site, so i always have them on my block list, and usually never visit them.

What is actually funny is reporting by g kirkos and rick confirmation.
DomainGang has satire and real news.

This story is not satire since it shows "This post is 100% True!" at the bottom.

DomainGang.com covers domain industry, social media and technology news; the approach being two-fold:
  • Parody domain news that follow the tongue-in-cheek humor of The Onion, and
  • Real domain news that are presented with a “100%” image at the bottom.

Why I can't access DomainGang website? Block me?

This site can’t be reached
domaingang.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
DomainGang blocks access to its site from services like Tor.

•••
DomainGang has satire and real news.

This story is not satire since it shows "This post is 100% True!" at the bottom.

DomainGang.com covers domain industry, social media and technology news; the approach being two-fold:
  • Parody domain news that follow the tongue-in-cheek humor of The Onion, and
  • Real domain news that are presented with a “100%” image at the bottom.

DomainGang blocks access to its site from services like Tor.
Do I have to pay money to access it?

•••
•••
In my own view; and based on the publication; the domain was sold for $872M. The domain worth that much, because they could not afford to do away with the domain - cars.com. If they try to do away with the domain in question; they would jeopardize the buying of the entire company.

Do you know if that property - cars.com was not among the entire property; the price of the company sale would not be as high as $2.5 billion dollars.

Domain name price must be influenced by a particular inherent value and that was why cars.com was sold for that amount - $872M. The entire company's property includes the Cars.com and that was why they could not do away with Cars.com, the domain had contributed a lot of values to the business as well, you know that.

So that is my appraisals logic behind the domain name.

Congratulation to both sides for the sale of Cars.com

Last edited:
•••
mingche.com "luxury car " in Chinese pinyin sold for over $2.5 million - just the name-no site. Some of these "car" related names can bring big money.

•••
The biggest actual domain sale is - Lasvegas.com - $90M

•••
Cars.com sale confirmation : Latest report audited by Ernst & Young (EY.com)
First, here is page F-9 from the report, showing the summary grid of assets near the end:

Show attachment 59438
Second, on page F-2 of the SEC filing, Ernst & Young, an independent firm, has audited the report and signed off on its accuracy:

Show attachment 59439

Trade name =/= domain name

Here it just happens to be that they used trade name that COINCIDED with domain name.

I have a company that uses Domain name as its name. If I sell that company, it does not mean I sold the domain name for that price.

•••
Everybody check the Estibot valuation of car.com now :)

•••
•••
So, whats carj.com or carz.com worth now????

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back