IT.COM

sales Cars.com is the largest domain sale in history

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is very DECEIVING, another hoopla and Bull stuff .

CARS.com was not a domain sale, it was "BUSINESS " sale. Business that was already making 100 millions revenue a year, and they had full established company.

Please cut the crap and MENTION the facts in the article, it was a business SALE, not domain sale, All the kings and queen would love to confirm this sale, but they would not say that this is BUSINESS sale, but just report that as domain sale.

Now all the SUCKERS DONT GO and register 10,000 registrations waiting to cash. You have been clowned more than enough times now, should know.

Last edited:
•••
Now waiting for someone to post - "I have CarsABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWYZ12345678910.com. I hope I get $2M for it":xf.laugh::ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
That's a joke of a headline. I'm surprised at some of the people passing it around. It's not a straight domain sale.

•••
Awesome, more reasons to hold on to the premiums for the long run!

•••
I am not able to count numbers !

•••
This would be a business sale, not a domain sale

•••
The Cars.com business was sold for 2.5 Billion dollars and the SEC filing by the company state that the domain name as an intangible asset was worth 34% to the company. So even though it's not an outright sale of the domain, the buying company agreed to the selling company's evaluation and did pay the asking price.
Now would this domain sell without the business for close to a BILLION dollars, I and many people highly doubt it. But since it was part of a business sale, I suppose they were free to put any price they liked on it within the accepted accounting guidelines. It could be for tax purposes, for making a buzz, or whatever reason. But they indeed evaluated it and sold it at 872M.

•••
Whistles

That's simply an insane price

•••
•••
I wonder how many billion the domains Amazon.com and Google.com are worth then to their respective companies.
Exactly. This report is a joke...

This has nothing to do with a standalone domain. It's the company behind the domain that has real value.

Last edited:
•••
SelfDriving.com
Self-Driving.com
SelfDrivingCars.com
DriverlessCar.com
DriverlessCars.com
AutonomousCar.com
AutonomousCars.com
Self-DrivingCar.com
Self-DrivingCars.com
SelfDriveCar.com
SelfDriveCars.com
SelfDrivenCar.com
SelfDrivenCars.com
SdCar.com
SdCars.com

•••
Almost one billion dollars. LOL

•••
That's a joke of a headline. I'm surprised at some of the people passing it around. It's not a straight domain sale.
They like to manipulate this market, so more articles can be generated and hype this small domaining market, who benefits - people who own best names, peasants are needed to hype it up.

•••
Irresponsible reporting here...

•••
•••
I'm probably one of the biggest car nuts out there and visit numerous car sites daily. This is a lot of bullcrap and the business is grossly overvalued. I think in all the years I visited cars.com once and it did not manage to keep my attention. I much prefer sites like http://www.leftlanenews.com ....now there is a good website.

A lot of hype there.... just like snapchat and all the other similar overvalued bullcrap, their day of reckoning is coming. Show me a profit statement and I'll believe it. Big companies with no assets.... gee... I'll believe everything they say and jump at the chance to invest in their company.

Where is the head slap emoticon when I need it!!!!!

•••
Now waiting for someone to post - "I have CarsABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWYZ12345678910.com. I hope i get $2M for it":xf.laugh::ROFL:
Although it will be a .international or .live

•••
That is the asset price that included name + website + established business with cash flow etc.

•••
If we're going to use this logic, there have been much bigger domain sales. Just check the list of biggest ever company buyouts and attribute the value to that target companies domain name.

•••
Exactly. This report is a joke...

This has nothing to do with a standalone domain. It's the company behind the domain that has real value.

Agreed. If it's a long established online company, then they are totally dependant on their domain as it's effectively their brand.

I don't see how you can value the domain separately from the company as they are dependant on each other.

If someone theoretically bought Google.com off Google for $50 billion, Google wouldn't really be Google anymore. But if Google hadn't spent years building up the company and search engine, Google.com would probably only be worth a few hundred dollars now.

•••
Or a newbie can register.... www.IOwnCars.com

Technically he could brag that he owns the most expensive domain in the world :xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

Hmmm, where have I heard that before? :ROFL::ROFL:
I'm waiting for @KINGOF.TOP to say he owns carscarscarscarscarscarscarscarscarscarscarscarscarscarscarscars.cars

•••
Carscarscars....com îs the carest domain with a value of $1,000,000,000

•••
If Cars.com confirmed to be the largest domain in history, what about Car.com?

•••
Seriously folks, the sale of a huge business that used a premium name like Cars.com will not have any impact on the price of a Cars.gtld, Car.gtld, Cars.net or Cars.anything...it was just a business sale which included one of the best domains you can get.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back