Domain Empire

Can't transfer a domain name

NameSilo
Watch
I have a domain regged at RED PILLAR, INC. It does not have a proper whois info, thus the new registrar can not transfer it. In the last few months, I kept asking them to update new info, but they kept replying that "whois.gobbr.com is the current whois URL managing this domain.", however this URL does not resolve. How can I transfer this domain? I am really tire of this, what is the best way to resolve it?

btw, the original support email was sent to [email protected] and [email protected] was the one answering the email.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need to use a Whois Client (ie. CyberKit) to access that; just tested it and it works.

Alternatively, visit DomainTools.com and do a whois from there - it may not work, but probably does.

If the domain is Unlocked and you have the AuthCode, then shop around - try a different one. Some registrars are better than others with dealing with transfer-in probs. As long as your email address is listed somewhere in the whois, a decent registrar will work to get the domain transferred-in.

Ron

•••
I did not know you have to use a whois client to access the whois. I always use web browser to access the whois from registrar, neither domaintools.com nor networksolutions.com/whois can find the whois info for my domain. I tried to transfer it into godaddy, godaddy could not find the whois info, thus the transfer failed a few times, I can ask godaddy whether they use CyberKit to find whois info.

•••
The best way is to transfer it to another Registrar, to do this you need the authcode of the Domain, than the transfer can be made very easily. If you need assistance for this just send me a PM

•••
You need authcode. Well think improper whois details will not affect the transfer.

•••
I had the access to the cpanel and the auth code, however this registrar does not provide any registrant info so that godaddy does not know where to send the email to initiate the transfer. I kept sending email to them, but their answer always the same, which is the whois.gobbr.com shit. Yesterday I got a different answer:

"I believe the ultimate way to resolve this issue would be to register a new account at our new registry site BestPriceRegister.com! and paying for the $90 Verisign Restore fee so we will be able to manage and ultimately transfer out this domain.

You may pay by either Credit Card of Paypal.

Please let us know once you have signed up an account and we will process the invoice ASAP."

I was shocked, after so many months their answer changed for the worse.

The name was also listed at the answerable, I just renewed from answerable, hopefully answerable could take that domain away from this $90 registrar, and then I will be able to transfer it to godaddy. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any registrar.

•••
VeriSign restore fee? Is the domain expired?

If it's in the redemption period, that's probably why your info isn't shown in the whois. Don't know - sounds like there's more to this story. Hope it works out.

Ron

•••
Can you login to your domain manager to change your whois info? If not, then ask for the domain manager login so you can change all information to yours.

•••
Domagon,
the domain is not expired. Avoid this RED PILLAR, INC registrar.

angel_ivy,
I could login to domain manager, however the whois viewed is not changed.

Anyway, I renewed at answerable, however the transfer is blocked for another 60 days, since that renewal is considered change of registrar. This is a surprise to me, however I have hope now.

•••
I'm in the same situation here! :-/

I've got a domain name through backorder (SnapNames) about 5 months ago.

I wanted to transfer it out from Answerable and I've seen the domain is actually registered with Red Pillar Inc. (I guess they are some resellers of Answerable)

The domain expires next August 2010. So not really in redemption period or stuff like that.

When I started the transfer, the new Registrar sent me an automatic email saying they are unable to retrieve the WHOIS info. So they don't know where to send the transfer request link/email.

I actually checked by myself and when I do a WHOIS it says:

ERROR: domain not found: XXXXXXXXXXXXX.com

XXXXXXXXXX.com stands for my domain name.

This happens is DomainTools, or Who.is, or any other WHOIS service

I've just sent a support ticket to Answerable, which I consider responsible fo the domain name (since I basically manage it through their panel).

Will let you know on the developements.

Cheers
Cptdma

•••
If it's a .com or .net, check at VeriSign WHOIS - Domain Name Lookup from VeriSign, Inc.

If no domain found, then register it at a different registrar. It may that easy.

If no good. Then the problem is the registrar's whois server doesn't work / can't be located. There's no central registry of registrants for .com / .net domains - each registrar maintains its own whois database.

Hope this helps.

Ron

•••
Domagon, thanks for your reply.

I've just received a reply from Answerable.com

Hello XXXXXXX,

The Domain Name XXXXXXXXXXX.com is registered with the Registrar RED PILLAR, INC. Please contact them regarding this issue. They will be
able to assist you in this regard.

Have a Great Day!

Thanks and warm regards,
XXXXXXXX.

Just checked on the Verisign WHOIS and my domain is well active (it still goes to the Sedo' landing page I chose), in fact the whois says:

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to InterNIC | The Internet's Network Information Center
for detailed information.

Domain Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.COM
Registrar: RED PILLAR, INC.
Whois Server: whois.gobbr.com
Referral URL: Best Bulk Register
Name Server: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
Name Server: NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM
Updated Date: 23-nov-2009
Creation Date: 02-aug-2009
Expiration Date: 02-aug-2010

>>> Last update of whois database: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:26:32 UTC <<<

I'm contacting this BestBulkRegister right now

Will let you know

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back