Domain Empire

advice Can't get domain owner to talk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
I wrote about this some time ago, been following a .com domain for quite some time. I emailed the company several times, sent letters via FedEx and even contacted the CEO and other top staff through LinkedIn.

I received one reply months ago, from support and it said: "Unfortunately at this time we do not sell our domain names."

The only thing I haven't tried is calling which I will do but chances are I won't get through by phone either.

Has anyone used a service that would contact them on your behalf with any results? If so who? Also whats to keep the service from grabbing the name for them self?

I'd love to build a site on this domain, they're not even using it from what I can tell. Many have said they will wait till the last min. and renew but it's down to 30 days and I've pointed this out to them over and over. Looks to me they would have renewed it just to get rid of me.

I'd probably go as high as 10K for this one but if it drops and goes to auction I won't stand a chance as the big dogs will eat it up.

Again, if anyone knows a good honest company that would contact them on my behalf let me know. I've seen a few but honestly not sure if I should give them a try.

I'd prefer a NO from someone in charge, then at least I gave it my best shot.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If your serious..... MediaOptions.com

•••
They updated for 1 year. Thanks for the help and suggestions...

•••
Ever tried DomainAgents.com?

•••
why would they not accept a nice offer when all indications appear at least for now they're just going to let it drop

I just picked up 5 decent domains (2003 reg), at auction, from someones portfolio who had an interesting UDRP filed against them in 2009.

In the documents he essentially stated that he , "did not sell domain names," and it was against his code of ethics. He was a developer who built and sold websites with the domain included.

I guess he never let go of that 'squatter' perspective on domain investing, it happens; your domain owner may have a similar perspective.

•••
Hello,

Go for the second best option there is. There are almost always a decent substitute. In the end, it's the quality of the website that matters most.

If they had any intentions to sell it, you would know by now.

Just my opinion.

•••
Am available to discuss representing you in trying to get this domain.

Like any bona fide professional acting in similar capacity would require a retainer, which can be credited against an agreed success fee (aka commission). With, a similar offer of half retainer returned if not successful.

Also available to represent domain owners who have been approached to purchase their domains, who can appreciate the value of not dealing directly with the buyer, rather having a professional, experienced intermediary represent them in helping to take the ego, and inevitable miscommunication, misperception miscues attendant any negotiation about a valuable asset, or matter.

Why less than 10% of homeowners are successful selling their own homes, and why the saying "he who has himself for a client is a fool' - the advantage provided by a broker or attorney, or cpa, in selling a house, or business, or other valuable asset.

Having a knowledgeable - and hopefully ethical professional between the parties, to help them come to agreement rather than losing the opportunity to make a deal because negotiations break down due to misunderstandings, miscues, egos, etc.

Disclosure: I have been a licensed commercial real estate buyer's broker serving savvy major private and corporate developers and users for 30 years; specializing in the acquisition of prime 'not on the market' properties.

I am also a domain investor having acquired my first keyword rich .com domains starting in 1994.

Contact me privately if you like to discuss further.

•••
I've seen Domain Buy Service get some good names for people from owners who hadn't answered other requests. If you want to give us a try let me know and I will give you a credit for free. Also if anyone has had a bad experience with it before I'd like to know so I can help.

•••
From a seller's perspective, I find the offers by Go Daddy's Domain Buy Service too low ball, like $100 - 250.

Sheesh...

•••
That's fair of course. You can always let the agent know your bottom line to even talk and they will respect that and see what they can do to work out a deal with the buyer that meets your price.

•••
•••
That's fair of course. You can always let the agent know your bottom line to even talk and they will respect that and see what they can do to work out a deal with the buyer that meets your price.

I'll do that next time.

Thank you.

•••
If your communications contain an actual offer and that offer is not an insult or a low ball, they do not want to sell and you should respect that. If you haven't made an actual offer, try one more time with 60-80% of the maximum that you would pay and hope that it opens a discussion.

If it doesn't then move on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back