Dynadot

Canberra.TV Is Now At Sedo Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Turning out to be a nice auction in the last few minutes.

•••
Indeed! Every time I refresh, there's a new bid :)

Update:
Congrats Mellow! Great sale :)

Last edited:
•••
$3,722 Nice sale , i think it is a bargain at this price.

Congrats to buyer and seller

•••
Gooday cobbers!

looks like the Millers and I will have to go walkabout over to OZ!

Great auction - nice bidding James.

•••
dont know what uu r talking about :)

•••
Do we have to fly QANTAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Lol...... When I saw a 4th bidder jump in at the last minute I immediately thought of Jimbo and millers.

•••
Jimbojimbo said:
Do we have to fly QANTAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would be a nightmare for everyone - everyone seeing me board the flight with an oxygen tank!!!

i have always loved Australia as a country and its people/sense of humor........owning a piece of ozzie internet real estate is a fantastic second best to living there :kickass:

Last edited:
•••
:tu: Im a happy bunny :tu:

Imo what a great return for a reg-fee name. It dosen't do to be too greedy.

If im happy and buyer is happy ............. :bingo:

Thanks to anyone who bid and Thank you buyer :loveyou:

•••
Fantasic price, congrats.

•••
•••
Very nice sale, congrats!!!

•••
Great sale since .tv is completely unknown to ordinary Australians and would not even be a top 6 extension in Australia.

•••
Dean26 said:
Great sale since .tv is completely unknown to ordinary Australians and would not even be a top 6 extension in Australia.

You joking?

Did you visit?

www.westernaustralia.tv

Look who is the Registrant :

© 2008 Tourism Western Australia, Government of Western Australia

:bingo:

•••
Well I am not from WA lol. Since tourism WA is using it then I think it could become known here and value will go up.

•••
Some of the biggest advocates of .Tv here at Namepros are Australian as well.

Love the idea of TV 'not being in the top 6 extensions' - that's somewhat a flippant comment.

Are there any facts behind this statement or is it that you personally don't consider TV to be in the top six?

•••
I do, I am talking about in Australia. .com.au, .net.au, .org.au, .com, .net, .org are top 6 in Australia IMO. I like .tv personally and I think worldwide it is right after com, org and net.

•••
Dean26 said:

Completely unknown - probably not true. I think a good percentage of people would have seen it used before. In a large part because foxtel promoted a .tv for a fair while before moving to .com.au and some tv programs use it.

Not in the top 6 extensions in Australia -true.

I would say the most widely known extensions in Australia are something like this,

.com.au
.com
.gov.au
.org
.net
.org.au
.edu.au

I'm guessing .tv might be in the top 20 or 30 extensions here, but the usage is 99% from tv shows - ie it is a niche.

Here is a listing of the most popular sites in Australia,

http://www.alexa.com/site/ds/top_sites?cc=AU&lang=none&ts_mode=country

Dean26 said:
I like .tv personally and I think worldwide it is right after com, org and net.

This extension is an awful long way from "right after com, org and net".

•••
Mellowmasher

Well done on the sale. Its nice when buyer and seller are both happy at the result.

If you have any more like that could you PM me your list.

•••
snoop said:
Completely unknown - probably not true. I think a good percentage of people would have seen it used before. In a large part because foxtel promoted a .tv for a fair while before moving to .com.au and some tv programs use it.

Snoop foxtel is still promoting not "used to"
you might want to check out fox8.tv used by Fox,

theres plenty of .tv in use here and seems to be growing if advertising is anything to go by,

•••
Congrats Mellowmasher for this great sale ! :)

Congrats James and Jimbo for this awesome purchase. I'm sure you'll make great use of this excellent name. All the best for your development projects. :tu:

•••
congratulation boys ... this was a win win for all ... congratulation Michelle !

:wave:

•••
•••
Jimbojimbo said:
Some of the biggest advocates of .Tv here at Namepros are Australian as well.

take healthcare.tv - an ozzie website i predict great things for this site - so far the best developed site by far from a np member here (although I aim to challenge that!!!)

take idevelop.tv - an ozzie developer with major league premos
take the owner of beer.tv......

the list continues........

given their forward way of thinking, i am happy to place my bets on canberra

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back