NameSilo

advice Can you list the top business industries that needs domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shlopydo

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone
retail, automotive, health, crypto, social...?
and what are the mistakes that I should avoid?
Thanks a lot, I'm new here and new to all of this and I think I found a hobby.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
every business needs an online presence and domains are part of that.

•••
every business needs an online presence and domains are part of that.
yes but what is the most valuable industry, I saw some domains linked to cars sold expensive

•••
Avoid GoDaddy.

The biggest industry is real estate, but don't go regging every single domain with real estate in it.

•••
Avoid GoDaddy.

The biggest industry is real estate, but don't go regging every single domain with real estate in it.
thanks, I read about how godaddy changes renewal prices, what do you think about Cloudflare Registrars, I think they are amazing.
How come real estate is the biggest?

•••
thanks, I read about how godaddy changes renewal prices, what do you think about Cloudflare Registrars, I think they are amazing.
How come real estate is the biggest?
Sure use Cloudflare, it's a lot better than GD.

Real Estate is the biggest industry, at least in the US. People will always need a place to live and do business right?

Last edited:
•••
Sure use Cloudflare, it's a lot better than GD.

Real Estate is the biggest industry, at least in the US. People will always need a place to live and do business right?
thanks a lot :xf.smile:

•••
Hello and welcome to nps!

3 things all people have in common...food to eat, place to live and eventual disposal (earthly body). Also keep an eye on the news for new opportunities.

•••
Hello and welcome to nps!

3 things all people have in common...food to eat, place to live and eventual disposal (earthly body). Also keep an eye on the news for new opportunities.
thanks a lot this is really useful

•••
Finance
Retail
Tech
Food
Education

•••
•••
Almost every industry needs a web presence.

•••
@iAdam - absolutely right. Especially after COVID. The importance of domains is just increasing

•••
Pretty difficulty answering this, as the answer is everyone. People should "want" a domain to showcase their business, it's wise. Some pointers: Don't get scammed, use escrow, and be fair with your customers

•••
Food, Content creators, Informative blogs

•••
What are the mistakes that I should avoid?

For starting domainers. Try to avoid the most popular/crowded/mature markets with low quality domain names that don't make sense.

Low quality domains are most often a bad idea, but especially in these markets you will have to compete with millions and millions of developed and to be developed domains. The better names have more chance of selling.

Your domain name really has to stand out in the Crowd, or stand out in the Niche. Think again without spending, and improve the quality of your registrations. Search a different market or niche in domaining where your chances may be better, and become successful.

Last edited:
•••
For starting domainers. Try to avoid the most popular/crowded/mature markets with low quality domain names that don't make sense.

Low quality domains are most often a bad idea, but especially in these markets you will have to compete with millions and millions of developed and to be developed domains. The better names have more chance of selling.

Your domain name really has to stand out in the Crowd, or stand out in the Niche. Think again without spending, and improve the quality of your registrations. Search a different market or niche in domaining where your chances may be better, and become successful.
thanks a lot, advice noted. I will try to find a niche. what about brandables do you think they are useless?

•••
•••
thanks a lot, advice noted. I will try to find a niche. what about brandables do you think they are useless?

You're welcome. No, brandables are not useless, but you have to create good words, obviously. Only the best words -these may be invented- are useful for naming a company or project.

For starters in the brandable scene, stick to .com, keep it short, be sure it's pronounceable, try to avoid typos of trademarks, be sure it's memorable, avoid some unpopular letters and combinations, avoid numbers, avoid negative associations with words in certain countries, check if your word is already used on the web and how, check previous use of the domain you have in mind, track what patterns brandable marketplaces are currently accepting, track which brandable domains sell and for what amounts in the sales thread on namePros. And some more...

https://www.namepros.com/threads/show-your-brandable-names-that-recently-published.1047623/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/

Last edited:
•••
•••
Good day everyone, is there a way to keep tabs on expiring geo domains

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back