IT.COM

Can I Trust Tdnam traffic numbers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm looking at the traffic numbers that are associated with some tdnam expired domain names. I've never purchased a name there based upon the traffic numbers alone. Can they be trusted?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
make a search in this area i read some minutes ago that the tdnam traffic stats are not quite trusty ... i don't know exactly because i didn't use tdnam :)

•••
In short: no!

Much of that traffic is spiders/bots and hits of that sort since Godaddy parking pages have little or no filters at all

Last edited:
•••
I posted a thread awhile ago about a traffic domain on TDNAM that sold for over 2k, claiming it recieved 1700 uniques per month, yet I couldn't find any logical reason for the traffic. There were no backlinks and no OVT...

I'd say if has backlinks and OVT, you're a bit safer, but always do the research.

•••
This one is supposed to have around 15,000 a month. But thename.com in OVT shows zero and without extention the three words only show 400. Only three pages of backlinks on Google.

slipxaway said:
I posted a thread awhile ago about a traffic domain on TDNAM that sold for over 2k, claiming it recieved 1700 uniques per month, yet I couldn't find any logical reason for the traffic. There were no backlinks and no OVT...

I'd say if has backlinks and OVT, you're a bit safer, but always do the research.

•••
slobizman said:
This one is supposed to have around 15,000 a month. But thename.com in OVT shows zero and without extention the three words only show 400. Only three pages of backlinks on Google.

If it smells like gouda, and it looks like gouda, then it's most likely gouda (within 2 sigma, burn!)

•••
does tdnam verify their stats?

•••
I would guess they get those stats from parking between the time the domain expired and goes on auction. This means it's a domain on one of the many expiring domain lists. Some traffic could just be from interested parties seeing if the site is active before bidding, backordering, or otherwise trying to catch a drop.

•••
HI

Do not buy a domain name just from their traffic stats... Bid one what you are willing to pay for the domain name with out traffic and if you find it does get traffic then it is a bonus.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back