Dynadot

Can I start flipping domains today with no money down? Is there a strategy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

StanleyKing

Established Member
Impact
im very new to this so i dont know whats the best way/strategy to start TODAY!
thanks in adv

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would say first of,go to domainsherpa.com....WATCH EVERY video on there,then you will at least have some idea's about how things really work,and the thought processes involved with buying and selling domains....for you especially buying is important "to buy the right thing is the right thing forever" can't remember where the quote came from but it holds true,with nearly everything in life.

•••
I would say first of,go to domainsherpa.com....WATCH EVERY video on there,then you will at least have some idea's about how things really work,and the thought processes involved with buying and selling domains....for you especially buying is important "to buy the right thing is the right thing forever" can't remember where the quote came from but it holds true,with nearly everything in life.

wow thats what im talking about! thanks brother!

•••
Buying is easy, selling is hard. Those who actively cold call potential buyers do much better than people like me who just sit back and wait. My average time to sell is 10 years!

•••
Domain investment is our main business,so we have to actively market and reach out to potential buyers,buying IS easy,buying the RIGHT domains is the key,if StanleyKing buys junk or the wrong stock,all the marketing and reaching out will not help to sell them.Buyers will find the right (good quality) domains.

•••
You can broker names for others as a starting point. No money down for you, unless you decide to use some paid software to help you (which I recommend)

•••
end of the day "SALE" matters either with hand registered or aged domain. use your own discretion.

•••
my advice would be dont expect to make millions..or even thousands...or even hundreds. If you can buy a domain for a few pound/dollars and then sell that for a few more £/$ than you paid, you are off to a good start.

Best of luck.

•••
If you excel at sales, you will do fine in this adventure.

Take $500 and buy some $20 closeout names on GoDaddy. That will leave you with 25 names. Take those names and sell them to people.

If you can't sell a single name for a profit or to make your money back... quit immediately and remember that at least you tried.

It's an educated gamble, just like most investments. Some people have a good eye for the metrics, and some don't. There have been members of this forum that joined in 2006 and have just sold their first $x,xxx domain.

Good luck.

•••
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it!

Imagining is free. Flip domains in your mind... you don't need to put anything down. You might require your spouse/lover to play along with you-to congratulate you on all your sales. :D

Once you've had your fun with those "sales", and have read up enough on domains, then you can try the real deal with some dough.

•••
Flipping with minimal investment? this is what a lot of people do here, register worthless domains and sell them to noobs who think they have potential.

You really need to decide what you want to be;

1) The uneducated who sells to the less uneducated,
2) The educated who markets and sells to the uneducated
3) The educated who markets and sells to the educated or end user.

If your lazy and satisfied earning minimal amounts of money, go with #1, If you don't have a conscious, go with #2, If you have a strong desire to learn and want to run a respectable business and earn lots of money in the process, #3 is the way to go.

•••
I find brandables (unless you have a lot of extra cash) as the best way into the market for a newcomer. try the drop lists and ask around what a good brandable is.

my last sale was a brandable for $1,000 - and I bought the name for $2 on another forum.

•••
I think the first thing to do is to learn, and then take actions. never afraid of making mistake.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back