Dynadot

Can I start flipping domains today with no money down? Is there a strategy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

StanleyKing

Established Member
Impact
im very new to this so i dont know whats the best way/strategy to start TODAY!
thanks in adv

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do lots of research. Acquire the best 3 .coms that your budget allows. Buy nothing else until you make a sale!

•••
ok but what about "godaddy 99cent domains" ?

•••
Don't count on making a lot of money by hand registering domains with coupons. Also, what are you going to do after a year and you need to renew all of those? You can certainly make money off hand regs, but you need to know what you are doing first. Do a lot of research and see what sells here and on the auctions like ebay, godaddy, and flippa.

As a newbie, I would recommend you stick to names from the dropped list, so at least you know one other person saw some,value in it.

Good luck.

•••
ok thanks for the advice inforg!
ill keep reading

•••
It's like any business, it needs to be funded adequately. What can you expect from a $0.99 investment ? Buy a lottery ticket perhaps. Maybe you don't have huge financial means available, but you don't have a lot of confidence either.
And it's not a good idea to start "TODAY!"
Because you have to go through the learning curve like all of us :xf.smile:
Anybody can register some available domain. Actually selling a domain name is a totally different matter... it's not easy at all. And every 'great' domain that is still lying unregistered is probably available for a reason.
Good luck, and don't hurry, and don't put the cart before the horse.

•••
Avoid "recent sales thread" because it seems too easy to sell domains. I own about 300 most hand regged domanis and I sell one every 6 months or so so its not that easy as it looks like. And those who sell domains ask your self or that person a question. How long he had that domain for, how many domains he has total, how much he purchased that domain for.

•••
two great responses! thanks much

•••
LEARN LEARN LEARN! Starting to flip "today!" is very unwise. If ya dunno how to do medical things, would you attempt brain surgery today? Don't buy yet, not even 1 domain. Research heavily so you'll know what you're doing. If you're not serious and wanna just play around, use a few GoDaddy $1 codes and have fun. But this is a business, and you can't ever just jump into a business and expect results :)

•••
Don't count on making a lot of money by hand registering domains with coupons. Also, what are you going to do after a year and you need to renew all of those? You can certainly make money off hand regs, but you need to know what you are doing first. Do a lot of research and see what sells here and on the auctions like ebay, godaddy, and flippa.

As a newbie, I would recommend you stick to names from the dropped list, so at least you know one other person saw some,value in it.

Good luck.

thanks for the input, i tend to get ahead of myself and am here to tame and guide that beast that overeats lol. so i may be being very literal but what exactly is the Dropped List?

•••
expireddomains.net/deleted-com-domains/

•••
Avoid "recent sales thread" because it seems too easy to sell domains. I own about 300 most hand regged domanis and I sell one every 6 months or so so its not that easy as it looks like. And those who sell domains ask your self or that person a question. How long he had that domain for, how many domains he has total, how much he purchased that domain for.
wow ok. i guess my question of many is, what is the avg profit margin? im extremely detailed and want to know i guess more than i can read lol. any ebook recommendations explaining some of the starts in this business? i see this as a great investment.

•••
•••
LEARN LEARN LEARN! Starting to flip "today!" is very unwise. If ya dunno how to do medical things, would you attempt brain surgery today? Don't buy yet, not even 1 domain. Research heavily so you'll know what you're doing. If you're not serious and wanna just play around, use a few GoDaddy $1 codes and have fun. But this is a business, and you can't ever just jump into a business and expect results :)

hahaha great point. i am serious i dont want to play around, i see great investment in this business!

•••
It's like any business, it needs to be funded adequately. What can you expect from a $0.99 investment ? Buy a lottery ticket perhaps. Maybe you don't have huge financial means available, but you don't have a lot of confidence either.
And it's not a good idea to start "TODAY!"
Because you have to go through the learning curve like all of us :xf.smile:
Anybody can register some available domain. Actually selling a domain name is a totally different matter... it's not easy at all. And every 'great' domain that is still lying unregistered is probably available for a reason.
Good luck, and don't hurry, and don't put the cart before the horse.

yea i know this is a good business but like you said if an unregistered domain is lying around there is a reason for it. love the "cart before the horse" line lol thanks

•••
Smart of you to ask for ideas first before jumping in the game and going rambo on GD only to find you have wasted money and time on crap names.

•••
wow ok. i guess my question of many is, what is the avg profit margin?.
The sad truth that the majority of domainers are losing money. It's more a hobby than a business, except for a few. That's why few domainers have an accountant, unless they are running another business in parallel. Not to discourage you but it's going to be extremely tough to make a living on domaining.

•••
Smart of you to ask for ideas first before jumping in the game and going rambo on GD only to find you have wasted money and time on crap names.

GD?

•••
The sad truth that the majority of domainers are losing money. It's more a hobby than a business, except for a few. That's why few domainers have an accountant, unless they are running another business in parallel. Not to discourage you but it's going to be extremely tough to make a living on domaining.

i hear you bro and the more i learn on here i see this as a good investment for in due time finances but definitely not a quick money flip forumla - No.

•••
There really is no margin. Some domains sell for over $1mil while others can't make a $1 (one dollar) sale. There is a lotta profit to be made, but it's not the surefire money machine many think it is.

Oh, GD=GoDaddy :)

•••
Also it depends on your sales ability, and how much leg work you are willing to put in it. If you want to do some quick flips, you could sell on here, or another forum, or ebay. If you want the really good money, you will have to do the leg work, and sell to your target audience through email etc...
But YES! First, and Foremost,...READ, READ, READ!!!!! I have been reading every day, and learning something new everyday with this business for the last month or so. I am finding it to be a tough one, but I have over 25 years experience in sales, and know I will do well at this, as I'm not afraid to do the leg work.
I have already made some minor mistakes, but lessons learned...And can only grow from here.
Don't let people discourage you, if you are determined to make this a successful business, and not just a hobby. However, realize the facts that it's going to take a LOT of patience, and a LOT of learning.
Look at it as a college degree without the college, and you have to seek out the knowledge, and do your homework, yourself without a teacher, and know it will probably take you a year or more to loearn all the ins and outs of this business.
If you can find a mentor, then great, but good luck with that....Mentor yourself if you can't. Stay focused, stay positive!
Pay attention to what is selling on Godaddy, Sedo, Namejet, etc...Sign up for domaining blogs, and read, watch video tutorials, and read, and read and read...And ask yourself why the "Domains" are selling, and why at xxxx price...and what the buyer sees in that domain.
Also do research on every domain before you buy it, and ask yourself, if you were in that business or niche, would you buy it... Research the whois database, how long has that domain been around, what are they keywords, how many searches it gets, and what's the CPC on it...There is A LOT to it!
Also you have to take into consideration if you're going to park it, or monetise it, and sit on it for a while to generate traffic, and revenue, to sell for higher, or are you just buying to resell?
Lots of things to consider... this just off the top of my head, but there is a lot more to it....Good Luck! ;)

•••
Also it depends on your sales ability, and how much leg work you are willing to put in it. If you want to do some quick flips, you could sell on here, or another forum, or ebay. If you want the really good money, you will have to do the leg work, and sell to your target audience through email etc...
But YES! First, and Foremost,...READ, READ, READ!!!!! I have been reading every day, and learning something new everyday with this business for the last month or so. I am finding it to be a tough one, but I have over 25 years experience in sales, and know I will do well at this, as I'm not afraid to do the leg work.
I have already made some minor mistakes, but lessons learned...And can only grow from here.
Don't let people discourage you, if you are determined to make this a successful business, and not just a hobby. However, realize the facts that it's going to take a LOT of patience, and a LOT of learning.
Look at it as a college degree without the college, and you have to seek out the knowledge, and do your homework, yourself without a teacher, and know it will probably take you a year or more to learn all the ins and outs of this business.
If you can find a mentor, then great, but good luck with that....Mentor yourself if you can't. Stay focused, stay positive!
Pay attention to what is selling on Godaddy, Sedo, Namejet, etc...Sign up for domaining blogs, and read, watch video tutorials, and read, and read and read...And ask yourself why the "Domains" are selling, and why at xxxx price...and what the buyer sees in that domain.
Also do research on every domain before you buy it, and ask yourself, if you were in that business or niche, would you buy it... Research the whois database, how long has that domain been around, what are they keywords, how many searches it gets, and what's the CPC on it...There is A LOT to it!
Also you have to take into consideration if you're going to park it, or monetise it, and sit on it for a while to generate traffic, and revenue, to sell for higher, or are you just buying to resell?
Lots of things to consider... this just off the top of my head, but there is a lot more to it....Good Luck! ;)

wow thank you for some many good words of wisodom:) great hearing form you thanks so much gatekeeper ")
i strive to learn more

•••
There really is no margin. Some domains sell for over $1mil while others can't make a $1 (one dollar) sale. There is a lotta profit to be made, but it's not the surefire money machine many think it is.

Oh, GD=GoDaddy :)
Deep.

•••
It's not rocket science. There is so much info on this online already. If you want to make it by registering .99 or 8.99 domains solely then you are dreaming. Feel free to pm me if you need tips.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back