NameSilo

question Can I sell my ***.com to a company?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Abhi007007

InterviewCalls.comTop Member
Impact
I have a 1 word 7 letter Brandable .com domain name.
Thing is, when i searched for it around internet, what i found was that there is an Australian company with same name having the extension .com.au
Moreover, they also possess .net and .de as they also redirect on .com.au
Plus they are having .training extension as well.

My question is can i sell the .com extension to them? How much can i ask? and what is the best way to approach them.

The name is not trademarked yet. (Checked on trademarkia .com)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@DrJacoby
I don't know if i can use the name here? If that's allowed let me know.
Being a beginner I am not completely aware of the Namepros guidelines.

•••
•••
•••
If it is not trademarked yet, it's a very good Name in my opinion, there is a company and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Sergio_Cortella who may be interested.
I think you shoud set up a nice landing page and wait 1 or 2 year perhaps they will contact you, if they don't try to contact them :)

•••
•••
@abdou01
Yeah. its single L. I tried to drop a mail to their sales team. Didn't get a response. May be it went to their spam folder or they don't want it :) or perhaps they didn't see it. (Being optimistic) :-P

•••
There seem to be only two potential buyers for your name; the Australian company and the owner of cortela.info. Would have been better with a few more alternatives.

I think I would price it in the $1k-$2k range (or maybe $999), but I'm not an expert. I'm still a rookie.

Something you really need to fix right away is a landing page. Buyers need to be able to contact you.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back