Domain Empire

Can I name my DBA the exact name of my domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

guitarbio

Established Member
Impact
Can I name my DBA the same as my domain name? EX: (Domain name= mycompany.com) (DBA / Company name= mycompany.com) I am in Florida. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not a lawyer but I don't see why you couldn't.

•••
Can I name my DBA the same as my domain name? EX: (Domain name= mycompany.com) (DBA / Company name= mycompany.com) I am in Florida. Thanks.
We've filled several assumed name certificates (Doing Business As) for online projects using the brand name before the TLD and opened business bank accounts for them. I have never included the TLD in my filings, but I have also never seen anything that prohibits it.

I have seen Federal Trademarks filed that include the TLD, so I would imagine that most counties local tax offices would allow such registrations for DBAs too.

Not an attorney, so just speaking from my limited filing experiences.

•••
We've filled several assumed name certificates (Doing Business As) for online projects using the brand name before the TLD and opened business bank accounts for them. I have never included the TLD in my filings, but I have also never seen anything that prohibits it.

I have seen Federal Trademarks filed that include the TLD, so I would imagine that most counties local tax offices would allow such registrations for DBAs too.

Not an attorney, so just speaking from my limited filing experiences.
A W E S O M E info Eric. Thank you very much for taking the time to share!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back