IT.COM

Can I buy I a domain in Namecheap.com and sell it on GoDaddy.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

briguy

Guru In Remission!Top Member
Impact
Hello to everyone, Im starting in domains, and i got a question, can i buy i a domain in Namecheap.com and sell it or put in it auction in godaddy.com?? Let me know if i can do this! Thanks
Hey there @Jordans Sans , Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hello to everyone, Im starting in domains, and i got a question, can i buy i a domain in Namecheap.com and sell it or put in it auction in godaddy.com?? Also why there is places where you can buy domains for 2$ and others goes for 8$ or even 11$?? Let me know this please!!

•••
Also to make and auction for a domain i have to pay fees? or i can do it free??

•••
You can and you only pay fees if it sells unless you highlight it. Won't be a push transfer fees.
Uniregistry if that doesn't work as same platform pretty much premiums. Best adding another year to a good domain when you transfer it will also renew. After you have a godaddy auction account you may as well transfer your name over to godaddy so it will be faster after sale and you can offer a godaddy push then to when advertising elsewhere.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks lock!! So then if i buy a domain on any website domain out there and then i sign up on godaddy auction account and i put it in auction there its okay? I'm just looking for buying domains today and sell it next week / month or waiting for better offers, just put it in auction and wait for offers, i can do all this withought fees and for free right?

•••
Avoid Namecheap, they're awful. Bad customer service and contempt for those that need assistance. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

I'd recommend taking a look at the Godaddy website to see if they have any fees for selling your names, it's pretty clear when you list them with them.

Last edited:
•••
Avoid Namecheap, they're awful. Bad customer service and contempt for those that need assistance. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

I'd recommend taking a look at the Godaddy website to see if they have any fees for selling your names, it's pretty clear when you list them with them.

If i have to transfer a domain to someone who want to buy it from me, i have to use godaddy for the transfer? oi i can do it in other way? also is there fees with the transfer?

•••
Between accounts you can push domains which is same as a transfer but it is free eg: godaddy to godaddy. Namecheap to Godaddy will be same price as a years renewal but you will also get another year added.

•••

I could sau exactly the same about godaddy, so probably depends on preferences.

•••
I could sau exactly the same about godaddy, so probably depends on preferences.
Indeed. My preference is to have access to customer service reps that aren't condescending. :zippermouth:

•••
Indeed. My preference is to have access to customer service reps that aren't condescending. :zippermouth:
Indeed and my preference is to have somebody answering instantly, not in 72 to 96 hours( and even then, to try to sell me other stuff) or if you try to call them, to put you in hold for 30 minutes and than to let you know that these stuff are not available during european office hours and so on.

•••
Indeed and my preference is to have somebody answering instantly, not in 72 to 96 hours( and even then, to try to sell me other stuff) or if you try to call them, to put you in hold for 30 minutes and than to let you know that these stuff are not available during european office hours and so on.
Is that GoDaddy? :woot:

•••
Is that GoDaddy? :woot:
Regarding just the customer service thing, probably godaddy and afternic are the only one's from which you get a 72 hours or more answer when you need something. Also, if you try calling from outside US and US office hours, you need to be very lucky to get an answer. And the same it's valid regarding payments, probably they are the only one's in the industry paying in 11 to 22 days, even when fast transfer it's enabled.

•••
My rep called me at 4.30 am last time and wanted to make it an aggressive sales call I just told them that my business is mine and hung up some really need to work smarter. I would actually work out what time my customers were in.. That said if you think about advertising you get from other registrars trying to trick you into renewing with them you might realise your with a better bunch than some.

•••
Regardless of website preferences..... Can domains be sold on different sites from where you purchased it from?

•••
Regardless of website preferences..... Can domains be sold on different sites from where you purchased it from?
Yes. The registrar is just where you bought your domain from. It's yours to sell wherever you want.

It's like buying a car, you don't have to sell it where you bought it from.

•••
Yes, but you should be able to transfer it out if needed, so after 60 days from registration.

•••
If you have committed to joining the Godaddy aftermarket you may as well move the name over there and then perhaps if you add a new year to it you wont be so desperate to sell and can take time with make offer rather than auction.

•••
Yes, but you should be able to transfer it out if needed, so after 60 days from registration.
Can i buy a domain today and sell it and transfer tomorrow? or i have to wait 60 days?

•••
I just got an email from NameCheap saying they are joining the GoDad/Afternic Fast Transfer - if thats up, I dont think there would be the 60 day (to list on AN, not sure on GD auction direct - likely not).

@Jordans Sans If that isnt up - your only option in the next 60 days is to transfer within NameCheap - they (buyer) would have to have or open a NC account to have it "pushed" to their account.

Last edited:
•••
And if i buy buy domain in other website than namecheap,i have to wait this 60 days always?

•••
If the registrar you are at does not allow you to "opt out" yes, 60 days to transfer it to another registry - does not mean you can not sell it, happens all the time. Just put in your listing, buyer must have MC account fpor push (due to 60 day lock) I have not had a problem in the past, with non-domain industry customers, its all available online so it's not hard to explain Good Luck

•••
•••
Back