NameSilo

question Can Domain Names Be Sold By Individuals Without Using Online Platforms

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainAde

Established Member
Impact
Just wondering if it is technically possible to sell domain names without using any "middle-man".
I know of some advantage in getting more views but Sedo annoyed me by canceling my new account without giving me any reason. Now I don't know what I have done wrong and I am new
to all of this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think a lot of us here sell them all the time without a "middle-man". You just have to be good at research, sales and not be afraid to pick up the phone or write an email.

•••
I can tell you're a newbie.

You have co-opted a major trademarked term for part of your user name: Realtor.

And the Realtor people are aggressive about defending their mark.

•••
What

Meaning?

•••
What
Meaning?

Ms Domainer meant that, since you're using a major TM as your username you're probably a newbie since no old-timer would do that. It's like someone named themselves EscrowcomDomains

To answer your original question though,
If I was in your shoes, I'd be very concerned as to *why* sedo banned me. That is no normal behaviour of sedo. They can refuse to sell some of your domains, yes, but ban is another story. You should definitely see why did that happen before you start selling domains yourself

just my opinion

•••

What
Meaning?

I'm sensitive to intellectual property rights, just didn't think so much of it using it here.

•••
Tha
Ms Domainer meant that, since you're using a major TM as your username you're probably a newbie since no old-timer would do that. It's like someone named themselves EscrowcomDomains

To answer your original question though,
If I was in your shoes, I'd be very concerned as to *why* sedo banned me. That is no normal behaviour of sedo. They can refuse to sell some of your domains, yes, but ban is another story. You should definitely see why did that happen before you start selling domains yourself

just my opinion
Thanks.
Exactly what annoyed me. New member, no activity, just trying to log in to start something but couldn't. Then I attempted the support to understand why, when I typed my email, the message I got was "This account has been closed." That wouldn't help when it comes from where I ought to be educated.

•••
Tha
Thanks.
Exactly what annoyed me. New member, no activity, just trying to log in to start something but couldn't. Then I attempted the support to understand why, when I typed my email, the message I got was "This account has been closed." That wouldn't help when it comes from where I ought to be educated.

I can totally understand that. SEDO do not have the best of support (I'm being very kind now).
To be fair with them though, they're also not a place to learn domains, so your *education* does not concern them much.

My original comment stays valid though. You really need to find out why they banned you before doing any domain trading.

•••
I think a lot of us here sell them all the time without a "middle-man". You just have to be good at research, sales and not be afraid to pick up the phone or write an email.
Thanks a lot.
So how do you close the sales especially the technical part. Like the name and address of the registrant etc
I'm sorry if it sounds stupid, I'm very green, just enthusiastic.

•••
Okay, I'll try
I can totally understand that. SEDO do not have the best of support (I'm being very kind now).
To be fair with them though, they're also not a place to learn domains, so your *education* does not concern them much.

My original comment stays valid though. You really need to find out why they banned you before doing any domain trading.
Thanks.
I'll try again. That was what I was trying to do when I got that feed back- what I meant by education.

•••
Thanks a lot.
So how do you close the sales especially the technical part. Like the name and address of the registrant etc
I'm sorry if it sounds stupid, I'm very green, just enthusiastic.

For bigger sales, you can use an escrow service like Escrow.com or DN.com.

For small transaction, usually PayPal is sufficient. After you receive payment, you get the buyers account info for whichever registrar your domain is at and do a domain push.

I highly recommend checking out DomainSherpa.com. You can become close to a "domaining expert" within a week of watching all the videos.

•••
•••
Interesting to note that DomainRealtor.com is owned by Mike Mann and for sale for $20,000.

•••
Interesting to note that DomainRealtor.com is owned by Mike Mann and for sale for $20,000.

Yes he does, but he also often ends up on the wrong side of UDRPs.

•••
To transfer a domain, you can create another account at current registrar for the buyer and internally push to that account and send them instructions to recover the password.

•••
I highly recommend checking out DomainSherpa.com. You can become close to a "domaining expert" within a week of watching all the videos.

don't believe everything you read from some members.

you will NOT even be close to a novice if you take that route.

you will only learn from reading about first -hand experiences.
video's are full of hype, self-promotion and glorious tales of other people's success.

before you know it, you'll be praising people you don't know shit about

read all the domains wanted threads, going back 10 years, read the sales threads for same period.
learn what buyers have been looking for over the years and how the budgets reflect those requests.

see what has sold and for how much.

refuse to be spoon fed.

imo....

•••
agree with @biggie, if everyone could do that, everyone would be rich! read, read, and read - and analyze and ask the experts opinion about your analysis...

•••
Just wondering if it is technically possible to sell domain names without using any "middle-man".
I know of some advantage in getting more views but Sedo annoyed me by canceling my new account without giving me any reason. Now I don't know what I have done wrong and I am new
to all of this.

it is absolutely possible to sell without SEDO and the likes, I am guessing that 90% of all domain sales occur outside of these platforms. With this said, you will need to invest a lot of time and research for any domain you want to buy or sell. You will be overloaded with new information it the beginning, and nobody can really point you in the right direction unless you do a lot of reading first. Do not spend any money in the first few months on anything, just read and study.

•••
Yes, I'm aware of that. Thanks

•••
don't believe everything you read from some members.

you will NOT even be close to a novice if you take that route.

you will only learn from reading about first -hand experiences.
video's are full of hype, self-promotion and glorious tales of other people's success.

before you know it, you'll be praising people you don't know shit about

read all the domains wanted threads, going back 10 years, read the sales threads for same period.
learn what buyers have been looking for over the years and how the budgets reflect those requests.

see what has sold and for how much.

refuse to be spoon fed.

imo....
Some good advice there. I've been doing a lot of learning by observation of real trends. It changed my perspective.
One video I studied yesterday gave me insight too. The anchor got very practical with the guest expert.

•••
Some good advice there. I've been doing a lot of learning by observation of real trends. It changed my perspective.
One video I studied yesterday gave me insight too. The anchor got very practical with the guest expert.

You were wise to change your user name.

:)

No need to invite unnecessary trouble.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back