Can anyone understand this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cdomains

Top Member
Impact
Just received this email.

It was in Chinese and this is the translation to English:

Substantial recovery of all kinds of idle large domain xxxx.com better (unit price 30 yuan --5 million), from your troubles renew the domain name is true, is your wealth into cash, please contact me + Penguin: xx` xxx`xx`xxx .............. child must four: no meaning, no will, no solid, no me. "The Analects"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it means "Do you wish to part with your 4 char .com CHIP's in exchange for cash"

Last edited:
•••
I have read in another discussion that the words like "penguin" and other random words are included in the email to bypass the spam filter of the email..and make the mail a little different from each one..

So basically they do this to get away from listed in the Spam folder..

And yeah they are inquiring about your domains..

..sAm

•••
And yeah they are inquiring about your domains..

I understand they are inquiring. I just can't make heads or tails of what they are saying.

•••
•••
Just received this email.

It was in Chinese and this is the translation to English:

Substantial recovery of all kinds of idle large domain xxxx.com better (unit price 30 yuan --5 million), from your troubles renew the domain name is true, is your wealth into cash, please contact me + Penguin: xx` xxx`xx`xxx .............. child must four: no meaning, no will, no solid, no me. "The Analects"

Child must die???? ;)

•••
What am I supposed to do with this gibberish?
I do not see how I can respond, or if I should respond to this.

•••
Download QQ chat. Add him using the number he provided.

•••
Download QQ chat. Add him using the number he provided.

Does it translate for you? If not what do you do?
Do you use Google Translate to carry on the chat?

•••
...or list it for sale with BIN and send him the link.

•••
•••
or list it for sale with BIN and send him the link.

I have never dealt with a Chinese buyer before. What is the best place to list it?

•••
I guess 4.cn. It has English version so you can navigate there, and he will use Chinese version so it will be easier than sending him elsewhere where Chinese is not supported

•••
•••
I would recommend to answer his email by asking him in english what he wants.
I am sure that he will reply to you in english if he is interested in some business.

•••
I would recommend to answer his email by asking him in english what he wants.
I am sure that he will reply to you in english if he is interested in some business.

I just responded to the email in English. Let's see what happens.

•••
I understand they are inquiring. I just can't make heads or tails of what they are saying.
Just go for the figuring out the figures they are trying to offer you

•••
Translation: "I'm going to low ball you!"

•••
If you're having this much trouble with initial email, imagine the torture of conducting the entire sales process, if that comes to pass!

•••
•••
•••
I translated it for you. Good Luck

Since you are not using your 4L.com domain, Don't trouble yourself with renewing it. Instead turn your domain into cash by contacting me. Sell to me for (price in yuan)

•••
If you're having this much trouble with initial email, imagine the torture of conducting the entire sales process, if that comes to pass!

Excellent point!!

•••
Since you are not using your 4L.com domain, Don't trouble yourself with renewing it. Instead turn your domain into cash by contacting me. Sell to me for (price in yuan)

Funny, because that was the best translation I could come up with.

•••

Haha, a little late in the game (as in not the 90's anymore) to be sending emails like these!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back