NameSilo

Can anyone tell me why Sedo.com is full of s***?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MicroMox

Established Member
Impact
I have been deperately trying to list a domain and the damn site wont let me due to "a potential conflict between third parties". It just assumed that i am not the rightful owner without even prompting to varify ownership. And you can't reach the customer service either.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been deperately trying to list a domain and the damn site wont let me due to "a potential conflict between third parties". It just assumed that i am not the rightful owner without even prompting to varify ownership. And you can't reach the customer service either.
This happens when they detect Trademark infringement; nothing to do with ownership :)

•••
I am pretty sure that isn't the case here :) That domain had no trademark issue.

•••
I am pretty sure that isn't the case here :) That domain had no trademark issue.
Sometimes it may not be a TM in the US or EUROPE, just somewhere else ... Run a search on Unibrander.com

•••
But other sites had no problem listing it. Flippa even listed it on their home page.

•••
But other sites had no problem listing it. Flippa even listed it on their home page.
YES, I know. I own some domains that are listed everywhere: GD, Afternic, Uniregistry but cannot list them at SEDO :) Also have domains listed at SEDO which cannot list them at GD ... ?

•••

TM domains are kind of their, Flippa's, thing :)

•••
•••
YES, I know. I own some domains that are listed everywhere: GD, Afternic, Uniregistry but cannot list them at SEDO :) Also have domains listed at SEDO which cannot list them at GD ... ?

Sedo actually checks, they don't.

One of my domains that I can't list on sedo is audiotranslate.com. It is what it is.

Also, I've had some European companies complain to sedo about my parked domains, and they removed them from parking...the TM companies complaining that ads that showed up on the exact match domain I owned had ads to their site on it. I emailed sedo frantically worried that the next step was a udrp and they assured me it's not a huge deal and this is common.

So yeah, they have their own balance they maintain with IP rights holders.

Last edited:
•••
Has anyone been able to contact them? I couldn't. Their live chat doesnt work, tried to send them a message from the site, that resulted in an error.

•••
•••
•••
You can fill out a form or email them and they will check manually.

•••
You can fill out a form or email them and they will check manually.
Their online form doesn't work though. I have tried every settings.

•••
Their online form doesn't work though. I have tried every settings.
Yeah it's kinda crappy. Email may be the only way. GL.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back