IT.COM

poll Can ALL domainers be successful? [VOTE]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is it possible for all domainers to make profit?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yup, every domainer could make profit

votes
    25.0%
  • Hell no, domainers can't all be successful

votes
    68.8%
  • It's too early, I need coffee!

votes
    6.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
I want to know your opinion. Since there are one million Namepros members if all accounts were active and one million domainers began competing at the same time, could all domainers make profit? Personally I don't think it's actually possible for that to happen and the domaining industry knows it. What do you think? (@abstractdomainer gave me💲to start this poll).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only some domains are successful, and those who own them.
Another answer, it's too late for most of newcomers, take a beer.

Last edited:
•••
Redemo the master of MM threads.

About 0.5%, maybe less ends ups being 'successful'. So if you don't have a real flair, understanding, talent or passion for domaining and you are trying it for 'easy, quick' money, it's 100% certain you will fail.
Especially the domainers that come from third world countries MUST understand English and the market/ business world in the West.

Last edited:
•••
Absolutely not, just like anything else.

Only the ones that want it the most, and are willing to work the hardest are successful.

•••
The answer is obviously no.

Brad

•••
Another pointless posting, but…
could all domainers make profit?
considering just $0.01 above reg fee or purchase price is a ‘profit’, I guess it’s feasible.

•••
So there's no method in the madness?

•••
So you ask - could all domainers make profit? - I reply 'it's feasible' as 0.01 is a 'profit' and you...disagree. (says so much!) smh.

•••
Another pointless posting, but…
Was disagreeing with your pointless comment above it. Agree, in theory, with the comment below it. However, in reality nobody would make 1 cent profit and you know it. I get the impression you're about to go all Beth Dutton on the thread. Not taking the bait, buddy!

•••
However, in reality nobody would make 1 cent profit
your question was - could all domainers make profit? Nothing was noted about 'how much of a profit'!! I answered 'in reality'!!
Still smh, just harder.

•••
Our world is arranged in such a way that everything cannot be successful in principle. Not all the bakers are successful, not all teachers are successful, not all business owners are successful. And it does not depend on the quantity of goods. Both cakes and domains are enough for everyone. But someone will be able to sell them more than others. Each domainer must decide for himself whether it should continue the business or not. There is a lot of statistics on our forum to draw conclusions. If your STR is higher than the average, then it makes sense to continue

•••
I long for the day that domaining is taught in schools, perhaps a business school or university. S.E.O. was once an unknown fruit, now it is taught in colleges and universities worldwide. Hope the same happens in domaining, and in doing so it increases the domainer success rate. @Bob Hawkes posts could be the foundation stone for a college-taught domainer course one day.

•••
I voted optimistically, as yes, in principle, all could be successful.
It seems to me that domain names could find more and better use than now.
That could spell success for everyone who works hard to see what is needed and delivers it.
Now in practice not all will be successful, but that does not mean they could not.
When I used to teach, I actually believed every single student could be successful.
I am not a believer that some need to fail to make others succeed.
Have a happy day everyone.
Bob

•••
I long for the day that domaining is taught in schools, perhaps a business school or university. S.E.O. was once an unknown fruit, now it is taught in colleges and universities worldwide. Hope the same happens in domaining, and in doing so it increases the domainer success rate.
Hi

the more people that enter domaining
then...
the more competitive it becomes

years ago, similar talk was about informing big business about domaining
and i said same thing then, because inviting that group means they would likely have more disposable cash for aftermarket bidding.

you want those people to remain as your potential end users or end buyers -
not your competition on domain forums and in drop auctions.

there's a level of ignorance which has enabled domainers to profit from this phenom.
outsiders not knowing what goes on, "on the inside", is what tips the scale in our favor.

imo....

•••
I voted optimistically, as yes, in principle, all could be successful.
It seems to me that domain names could find more and better use than now.
That could spell success for everyone who works hard to see what is needed and delivers it.
Now in practice not all will be successful, but that does not mean they could not.
When I used to teach, I actually believed every single student could be successful.
I am not a believer that some need to fail to make others succeed.
Have a happy day everyone.
Bob
I pretty much sway on the comments made by @Bob Hawkes. I am also optimistic enough to say all domain investors "could" do it (in the fantasy world we've just created), but I don't really think its useful to think that way, anymore so than "can all develop a six pack". Well, I guess, unless there's a medical technicality, but there's a reason why we all don't, even if we all want one (tongue and cheek moment). Work, discipline, know-how, niche, patience, enthusiasm, education, a hint of obsession for knowing new things / remaining relevant, keeping in tune and other golden traits. The obvious stuff thrown out there. It doesn't just come, put it that way

Last edited:
•••
every domainer can be successful by either selling names, deleting names or both.

•••
With a true domain white label platform it could be possible to resell refer leads that allow users to generate leads of others domains. Right now this is done based on networking handshake agreements etc to individual brokers offering spotters or commission. Most won't make efforts to sell or have domains that have no real lure.

Last edited:
•••
•••
In every profession only few percent of people are really successful, the rest is not.
Domaining is not different.

Last edited:
•••
(@abstractdomainer gave me💲to start this poll).

Nobody slightly concerned about this statement? Could be irony... The British and their humour:)

•••
Nobody slightly concerned about this statement? Could be irony... The British and their humour:)
Was being sarcastic as that loaded pistol gets pointed in my direction a hell of a lot. That said, if @abstractdomainer wants to credit my Pay Pal account for being awesome, man I wouldn't object.

•••
Was being sarcastic as that loaded pistol gets pointed in my direction a hell of a lot. That said, if @abstractdomainer wants to credit my Pay Pal account for being awesome, man I wouldn't object.

Lol, I figured as much. Putting differences in opinions aside, you don't even come close to @abstractdomainer :)

You're contributing. He's polluting.

•••
Lol, I figured as much. Putting differences in opinions aside, you don't even come close to @abstractdomainer :)

You're contributing. He's polluting.
Seems to be getting a lot of traction though. Can't we all just get along? :unsure:

•••
•••
If all domainers made profit, everyone would be domainer.

•••
Back