NameSilo

discuss Can a domain which has been previously spammed still be Sold?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FavourB

Established Member
Impact
Hello Guyz,

We have seen Lots of buying and selling taking place in the domain industry, which is really interesting.

My two top thread i do enjoy visiting on namepros are * Reported domain sales* and *new hand reg* and my best is * Reported domain sales*.

Everyday i see reported domain sales and for a second i remembered when i started these journey into the domain world, i was adviced not to buy domains which has been formerly used for Spam, i actually did take that advice to heart and it was on my checklist.

But My Question now are

1) Firstly how can someone confidently know if a domain has been spammed previously, am asking this because i have heard some say if the backlinks(BL) is greater than 20 and the Domain Pop (DP) is 0 then it has been spammed, others say if you check the Archive.org (ACR) and you see some written chinese language then it has spammed, it is a bit confusing because i see most Veterans talk about backlinks and how important it is, i have also watched on youtube and heard a domainer say if the (BL) is 0 and the (DP) is 0 then it is a good domain.

2) let's say I do my due search and finally picked up a name without checking if it has been spammed are there are any chances for it to get sold?

3) What is the penalty of building a website on a spammed domain?

4) Do you think most end-users still check these criteria OR the are just check the name?

5) If you happen to see a good domain with good keywords which has been spammed what will be your advice, putting into consideration that you don't always get to see good keywords domains?

6) Lastly are there any chances that if someone mistakenly purchase a spammed domain it could be cleaned up if held for some years?

Finally, please if you know of any tools paid or unpaid that is used for checking spammed domains you can help drop it in the comment section, these industry is growing day after day, but most newbies and some established domainers may not know about spammed domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes depends if your going to do the work or your buyer. Try not hosting domain waiting and cleaning links.

•••
Yes depends if your going to do the work or your buyer. Try not hosting domain waiting and cleaning links.

By work you mean, the could actually clean up the so links? Or how do you mean

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back