Dynadot

legal Call for Volunteers: Help ICANN with policies that will affect your domains and portfolios! Sign up

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
ICANN just put out a call for volunteers from the domain community. You can either have input on the decisions as a member or follow what is going on as an observer. This is your chance to have a say in what ICANN is doing.
Let's stop complaining on NP and start working together on policies that will affect our domains and the industry as a whole.

Everyone on here should at the very least sign up as observers. You can at any point move up to a memeber status by emailing the GNSO Secretariat.

I just signed up as an observer, but may move up to a member if needed.

Please follow the link below to read through what you can do to help the domain community.

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2016-03-21-en

I would like to thank DomainSherpa and Elliot's blog on DomainInvesting.com that had the link to the ICANN volunteer sign-up.

http://www.domainsherpa.com/wp-cont...google.com/~r/DomainInvesting/~3/-T_3X4qEENw/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy is taking $ 15 commission from a sale of $ 20. The seller gets only $ 5 for his domain name. Is it not ridiculous? Sedo is charging $ 60 for a domain sold for $ 150, is it not unjust? Let them take 5 or 10 or 15% on the SALE AMOUNT. Let them not charge minimum commission fees. These Marketplaces should understand that most of the domain name investors are small traders. They should be very considerate towards them, not suck their blood for doing nothing.

•••
WillWork4Food.png

•••
Godaddy is taking $ 15 commission from a sale of $ 20. The seller gets only $ 5 for his domain name. Is it not ridiculous? Sedo is charging $ 60 for a domain sold for $ 150, is it not unjust? Let them take 5 or 10 or 15% on the SALE AMOUNT. Let them not charge minimum commission fees. These Marketplaces should understand that most of the domain name investors are small traders. They should be very considerate towards them, not suck their blood for doing nothing.

Flippa is cool for me with their commissions. It is always 10%, no matter if you sell for $10.000 od $10.

•••

I'm not to sure that ICANN can deal with aftermarket sales. That is between the domain owner and the selling platform. I would say don't list domains so cheap if you know the platform is going to take a certain % or set amount from the sale.

This ICANN volunteer thing is for setting policy between the registry, registrars , and registrants. Like renewal fees, contact notices, initial domain sales from the registrar to the registrants, etc etc...

I don't like the amounts that are being charged for selling domains on GD and Sedo either. That is why I don't list domains so cheap on there knowing the amount that they will be taking for themselves.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back