NameSilo

California Silicon Valley Domainers

Located in ☆ Networking - Meet and Greet started by namesquare, Feb 9, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. namesquare

namesquare Established Member Trusted Contest Holder

Greeting to all, looking to network with Silicon Valley domainers. Lets see what you have in your domain stash.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ategy.com

Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

3. namesquare

@Ategy.com you're quite the contributor on namePros huh? I love Silicon Valley too. I am not sure what's happening with a new season, assuming they will continue it, but it's definitely a great show, without a doubt. I also love Vice Principles, Westworld, The Wire, & The Young Pope. There's also a really interesting limited series called The Night Of, which was really interesting.

Compared to you, I probably don't many domains. I own about 80 or so.
    One of my main good ones is NameSquare.com, which is my domain site, and CryptoBuxx.com which is a quick hand-register I found. I was shocked it was available. I am really into gold, coin, silver related domains because it fits with my hobby & interest. It's my niche.

What's your best domain in your portfolio?

4. Ategy.com

Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

I plowed through Night Of in a few days last year. Good show .. not sure how they'll do a 2nd season though .. unless they only follow the lawyer but on a new case (which would still be good).

Been holding off Westworld until I have a weekend to spare .. lol

Silicon Valley season 5 is coming for sure .. I think early Spring! :)

I have had domains for a very long time .. but only in late 2016 decide to actually be a "domainer" .. lol .. so i'm still somewhat new .. although I've absorbed a ton of info over that time! lol .. My portfolio stands at about 1500 names.

Ironically .. my most valuable is from years ago that I bought with intent to develop .. Diet // dot // info ... how sad is it that my best domain isn't even a .com? lol .. do have some nice other ones though .. until a few days ago iwas really liking my chances with PlatinumWallet // dot // com .. but who knows now .. tomorrow it'll be worth $20K .. and then Sunday it'll be worth $20 (no K at the end .. lol)

I really like NameSquare as a brand .. I've got a ton of Name___.com, ___Domains.com, ___Brands.com type names .. trying to figure out which one(s) to use as I shift Ategy.com to my "catch-all" online presence which I still love as a short 5L derivative of "Strategy"! :)

Couple of points though .. I actually went to your site when I first replied .. and in the few seconds I spent doing a quick scan, the big military crest led me to believe I was on the wrong site. Maybe replace it as a small icon a little below your nav menu. Some with the desert photo .. your slogan is great .. but I honestly saw the desert and big military crest and sadly didn't give it a chance as I wrongly assumed the site had nothing to do with domains. (Always assume most visitors are totally clueless and have 0 patience .. lol).

I love your simple clean logo .. but don't understand why you have that other super busy banner there. Remove those things and you'll have a really nice slick looking site. Some might not like the darkness .. but I personally love the colours and the fonts (maybe try to up the grey font a hex .. but I like it)! :)

Text is nice as well .. not too short not too long. Good job! :)

5. namesquare

Thanks for the site feedback. I haven't made changes & edits to the site in a really long time. I've been insanely busy. It's been at least 7 months since I last made changes. I play around with text, colors, etc. I will definitely take what you said into consideration when I am making future updates.

PlatinumWallet sounds great. It's really catchy. How often do you sale domains? I also notice you're in Quebec. Have you heard of a touring horse show called Cavalia? I used to work for them. Once in 2004 & again in 2010. I loved the show. Now they have a new show called Cavalia Odysseo.

Diet.INFO sounds really interesting. What do you think you would turn it into, assuming you develop it? I run a couple of other websites, I will PM you the URL addresses, and I've been building them out for quite some time. All sites I make are by scratch. I use Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator.

What's the most you've ever purchased a domain for? What's the most you've ever sold a domain for?
    I personally sold one for $5,000 (I will add URL to PM). Do you run any other websites?

6. PHILIPPE RAVEL

PHILIPPE RAVEL Established Member

PM with portfolio sent...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: