domain c/a/m/p/b/i/t/e/s(dot)com

NameSilo
Watch

ashbrux

Impact
Appraisal request please for campbites(dot)com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I really like this one... maybe I am biased because I am a camper myself but CampBites sounds good because it's close to CampSites which is cool... TrailBites.com sold for $1895, CampLights.com for $700, BarBites for $688, I'd ask $2500. Good luck with it!

•••
Are you starting the company or did an existing company contact you about buying the domain?

•••
I really like this one... maybe I am biased because I am a camper myself but CampBites sounds good because it's close to CampSites which is cool... TrailBites.com sold for $1895, CampLights.com for $700, BarBites for $688, I'd ask $2500. Good luck with it!
My thinking as well when I found it and was surprised it was still available at the time. Thank you for those comparables!

Last edited:
•••
Are you starting the company or did an existing company contact you about buying the domain?
Had ambitions of starting something with it but have taken on other projects that take priority for now. I own the domain and a startup is asking to purchase it for $200 which I feel is too low at this point.

•••
Had ambitions of starting something with it but have taken on other projects that take priority for now. I own the domain and a startup is asking to purchase it for $200 which I feel is too low at this point.
There are a couple of issues I notice straight away. Only the .com is registered, and there are no other domains containing the string "campbites." The search volume for camp bites is nothing to write home about either.

But there are some good aspects to it too. Eight letters and two syllables, like facebook, snapchat, namecheap, etc., and it's very close to the word campsites, so it's definitely brandable.

The question you should ask yourself is what are the alternatives, and are they better? I imagine there being quite a few alternatives for brands relating to camps.

Assuming they're not budging on the price I'd probably sell it. Otherwise I'd probably try to get double that by making a counteroffer of $500, and then strategically negotiate my way down to $400. You registered it in 2020, so it's not like you're selling it at a loss regardless. That said, $200 isn't a lot of money, so it's not like you're missing out on the deal of your life if they reject it.

Last edited:
•••
pm sent

Last edited:
•••
There are a couple of issues I notice straight away. Only the .com is registered, and there are no other domains containing the string "campbites." The search volume for camp bites is nothing to write home about either.

But there are some good aspects to it too. Eight letters and two syllables, like facebook, snapchat, namecheap, etc., and it's very close to the word campsites, so it's definitely brandable.

The question you should ask yourself is what are the alternatives, and are they better? I imagine there being quite a few alternatives for brands relating to camps.

Assuming they're not budging on the price I'd probably sell it. Otherwise I'd probably try to get double that by making a counteroffer of $500, and then strategically negotiate my way down to $400. You registered it in 2020, so it's not like you're selling it at a loss regardless. That said, $200 isn't a lot of money, so it's not like you're missing out on the deal of your life if they reject it.
Thank you this is very useful advice. Very much appreciated!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back