domain B u r g e r s B r o t h e r s (dot) c o m and more :P

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopBrandsForSale

NameFinest.comUpgraded Member
Impact
Hi guys, can you please tell me what you think about these ones?

B u r g e r s B r o t h e r s (dot) com
B u r g e r s P l a n e t (dot) com
B u r g e r s L i f e (dot) com
B u r g e r s R e p u b l i c (dot) com

B u d d y B u r r i t o (dot) com
T h a i B r o t h e r s (dot) com

All of them are suitable for a local restaurant, a food chain, or a franchise.
The last one maybe also for something else.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The non plural being B/U/R/G/E/R P/L/A/N/E/T caught $1,700, but the plural hurts here. Best one here is maybe the "Thai" domain. Niche, as you need a couple brothers from Thailand buying it, who are engaged in some form of activity. If you find that dream scenario, power to you. Take offers, but not easy. IMO

Last edited:
•••
The non plural being B/U/R/G/E/R P/L/A/N/E/T caught $1,700, but the plural hurts here. Best one here is maybe the "Thai" domain. Niche, as you need a couple brothers from Thailand buying it, who are engaged in some form of activity. If you find that dream scenario, power to you. Take offers, but not easy. IMO
It can be used as a brand for a Thai food restaurant no?

As for burgers, I'm not a native English speaker.

Can you please explain why the plural is that bad?

All of them are made with exact keywords matches that have a lot of research on Google every month.

For example:
Burgers Planet 4400
Burgers Republic 22200
BuddyBurrito 1000

•••
Thai name is ok.

The others are essentially typos of brand names. Nobody is going to want to brand their company on this type of name. People are really searching for BurgerBrothers, buddy’s burrito, Burger Republic. There are also trademark issues.

I am sure there is a more academic explanation, but improper use of plural vs non-plural makes it very awkward for a native English speaker. BurgerBrothers is a cool brand, while BurgersBrothers is just weird.

•••
Thai name is ok.

The others are essentially typos of brand names. Nobody is going to want to brand their company on this type of name. People are really searching for BurgerBrothers, buddy’s burrito, Burger Republic. There are also trademark issues.

I am sure there is a more academic explanation, but improper use of plural vs non-plural makes it very awkward for a native English speaker. BurgerBrothers is a cool brand, while BurgersBrothers is just weird.
Yes, true

@TopBrandsForSale Its the improper use of certain words (certain plurals). As a native English speaker, I can tell you they just aren't appropriate. IMO

Last edited:
•••
So the same goes for everything else, like ribs and bowls?
Nobody wants a BowlsLab, but they do want BowlLab maybe?

Btw it's just weird or it's totally incorrect grammatically speaking?

Last edited:
•••
So the same goes for everything else, like ribs and bowls?
Nobody wants a BowlsLab, but they do want BowlLab maybe?

Btw it's just weird or it's totally incorrect grammatically speaking?
Even Bowl Lab, what is that? Just isn't strong. Depends on the specific combo. Some combos with a plural are great, others not. Food Lab is decent, and "Foods Lab" is actually ok too, IMO (you could say Foods Lab, still consider it appropriate). Food / Foods is a far stronger word, supporting its appeal, in that little example. It just depends

Last edited:
•••
It is mostly weird, not necessarily incorrect. The “s” would be appropriate when the more natural form would use an apostrophe ‘

As examples:
BuddysBurrito is better than BuddyBurrito
TodaysTrends is better than TodayTrends

BurgersBrothers might actually be not that bad, but not for the purpose you see. I've told you before, always do an actual Google search for the exact term in quotations.

https://www.google.com/search?q="burgers+brothers"

There are a few businesses you could approach.

•••
Even Bowl Lab, what is that? Just isn't strong. Depends on the specific combo. Some combos with a plural are great, others not. Food Lab is decent, and "Foods Lab" is actually ok too, IMO (you could say Foods Lab, still consider it appropriate). Food / Foods is a far stronger word, supporting its appeal, in that little example. It just depends
Yeah but foods lab sounds very weird to me.
I mean FoodLab is great, but I don't see much sense in the plural version.

Instead, BowlsLab is intended to be the laboratory where super tasty bowls are prepared.
Just like BowlsFactory, for example.

RibsLife is like when you are addicted to eating ribs, while BurgersPlanet is the Planet where burgers are made.

Idk maybe as a non-native speaker, I don't get very well what's super wrong with this.
I mean I do get that the singular version is stronger, just like every domain.

But so there is no value in these ones in your opinion?

•••
It is mostly weird, not necessarily incorrect. The “s” would be appropriate when the more natural form would use an apostrophe ‘

As examples:
BuddysBurrito is better than BuddyBurrito
TodaysTrends is better than TodayTrends

BurgersBrothers might actually be not that bad, but not for the purpose you see. I've told you before, always do an actual Google search for the exact term in quotations.

https://www.google.com/search?q="burgers+brothers"

There are a few businesses you could approach.
Thank you! Yes I know about this.
The same goes for almost all the other domains I mentioned.

So do you think I can extract some juice from these? :)

•••
Thank you! Yes I know about this.
The same goes for almost all the other domains I mentioned.

So do you think I can extract some juice from these? :)
The overall quality of what you are registering seems too low to actually produce any positive results for you. You may get lucky here and there, but I doubt it will even cover your renewals. You should be focusing on the aftermarket, not hand registrations.

Hit some of the auctions and focus on domains that have been registered for more than 10 years, have at least one other bidder, a GoDaddy appraisal over $1500, at least a little traffic (if stats are available), .com's taken in more than one other extension, and the name needs to make sense.

Then dig in and see who your potential buyers would be. Set a budget of up to $50 per name and stick with it.

I buy 62% of my domains at auction
22% on forums
less than 14% hand regs. (most of those are for my other business niches)
My average acquisition cost is only $22 per name

•••
The overall quality of what you are registering seems too low to actually produce any positive results for you. You may get lucky here and there, but I doubt it will even cover your renewals. You should be focusing on the aftermarket, not hand registrations.

Hit some of the auctions and focus on domains that have been registered for more than 10 years, have at least one other bidder, a GoDaddy appraisal over $1500, at least a little traffic (if stats are available), .com's taken in more than one other extension, and the name needs to make sense.

Then dig in and see who your potential buyers would be. Set a budget of up to $50 per name and stick with it.

I buy 62% of my domains at auction
22% on forums
less than 14% hand regs. (most of those are for my other business niches)
My average acquisition cost is only $22 per name
I do agree with you. 100%. That's why I already decided to give up most of the hands reg and focus more on the aftermarket. But I'm still learning about this. Thanks for the advice!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back