Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

BV Remembers

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
16,252
Ripped from Black Vipers site. (thanks BV)
http://blackviper.com

1) I remember when I purchased a book with instructions on how to get rich for $19.99 by simply writing a book and publishing it.
2) I remember when phones had cords.
3) I remember when more then one PC game was released annually at retail stores.
4) I remember when $20 to fill an 18 gallon gas tank was expensive.
5) I remember when “apps” were keyed in by hand from a magazine and magnetic storage media was not financially feasible.
6) I remember when song skipping was an extremely advanced option on car stereo cassette decks.
7) I remember when Mtv actually played music videos.
8) I remember when Mtv was better then VH1.
9) I remember when 64KB of RAM was a lot.
10) I remember when PC Gamer Magazine was 457 pages.
11) I remember when www.blackviper.com was only 1 HTML page.
12) I remember when people could “dislike” things as well as like them.
13) I remember when sharing was giving access to physical objects with whom you did not wish to give that object to.
14) I remember when a hard cover dictionary was the only spell checking option available.
15) I remember when receiving one email per week from my website visitors was a success.
16) I remember when receiving 250+ emails per day from my website visitors was a failure.
17) I remember when 99% of all statistics were completely made up.
18) I remember when I bought my first new car.
19) I remember when I wrecked my first new car after only 3 months.
20) I remember when people used to interact in person.
21) I remember when I actually looked forward to Christmas.
22) I remember when cars did not talk back.
23) I remember when cars started talking.
24) I remember when pay phones actually existed.
25) I remember when the world was going to end December 31, 1999.
26) I remember when the world did not end January 1, 2000.
27) I remember when connecting to the internet required effort.
28) I remember when modems actually made noise.
29) I remember when displaying text as an image on a website was bad.
30) I remember when displaying text as an image on a website was good.
31) I remember when Transformers did not suck.
32) I remember when console game controllers only had one button.
33) I remember when my car insurance was just as much money per month as my rent.
34) I remember when being a geek was not cool.
35) I remember when The Bard’s Tale was released on C-64.
36) I remember when 16 color graphics was great.
37) I remember when Diablo was released on PC.
38) I remember when 640×480 resolution was high res.
39) I remember when I refused to buy a cell phone because people could call me at any time.
40) I remember when I broke down on the side of the road which led to a purchased cell phone.
41) I remember when a small battery installed in a game cartridge to enable saved games was phreaking awesome.
42) I remember when I read the Dungeons Masters Guide at my leisure.
43) I remember when Dungeons and Dragons was the root of all evil.
44) I remember when I bought my first optical mouse and never looked back.
45) I remember when #wordswereseperatedbyspaces.
46) I remember when I could write some really good one liners.
47) I remember when my whole life was in front of me.
48) I remember when portable music players were 50+ pounds.
49) I remember when people protested for a reason.
50) I remember when entire brick and mortar stores were dedicated to PC Gaming.
51) I remember when movies were only produced in two dimensions.
52) I remember when I updated my daily diary in 1986 at the age of 14 with weeks of “Boring day” and did not make it to March.
53) I remember when a 20 mile daily commute from Rosamond, CA to Edwards AFB took one CD worth of music to get there.
54) I remember when a 30 mile car ride from Corning, CA to Chico, CA and back was an eternity every Saturday.
55) I remember when a 60 mile car ride from Corning, CA to Redding, CA and back monthly was more punishing then being “sent to my room”.
56) I remember when a 620 mile U-haul ride from Rosamond, CA to Yreka, CA required only one pee break with cats squalling in their carriers every two seconds.
57) I remember when video game violence was actually blown out of proportion.
58) I remember when songs on the radio did not have to censor every other word and those words were actually cuss words.
59) I remember when robotics was science fiction.
60) I remember when Stephen King novels were not allowed as high school book report options.
61) I remember when a 13″ color TV was huge.
62) I remember when a 21″ CRT computer monitor was gigantic.
63) I remember when my kitties fit in the palm of my hand.
64) I remember when Google was only a search engine.
65) I remember when AltaVista was better then Google.
66) I remember when people actually retained knowledge instead of just googling it.
67) I remember when people actually retained incorrect knowledge instead of just googling it.
68) I remember when I enjoyed using ICQ.
69) I remember when printers cost more then the ink contained within them.
70) I remember when a map purchased from a gas station was a better option then asking Siri.
71) I remember when after work naps were longer then nighttime sleeping.
72) I remember when I used to be funny.
..

I can relate to MANY of these, how about you?

Peace,
Cy

btw, BV's site is the place I go for setting up new installs, and have for years. Check out his Win OS configs to get a lot of the bloat out of Windows.

Cy
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I remember going to the Drive-In movie when I was 7 to see Billy Jack!

I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face ...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.

Classic :)
 
0
•••
*

I remember the 1960's, albeit in a fog.

:)

*
 
1
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back