Have you registered any .buzz domains?

What's your primary use?
Marketing/Advertisement
Flipping
Investment
Hobby

Let us know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My only one

BHANG.BUZZ

Thought that it fits well as the keyword is a buzz drink!!!

:)

•••
Understood.

However, when people were registering words instead of numbers back in the birth of .com era, looking back now words, numbers and single letters are gold!

I dont rate it now, however there are only 10 single numbers to reg in .buzz.......does this make 0.buzz a premium domain? TIme will tell not domainers....

Time already told. Basic usability, then I was thinking domain usability and that actually is a .com, somebody did a thesis on it.

Numbers are generally bad for business. Even a number like 2, since if you hear it, you might think two. So 2 or two. Problem #1.

Second, you just picked one of the worst numbers. Again, because it's typically confused with the letter O.

There is a reason you don't see a lot of businesses with numbers in the name, certainly none of the top ones. And I just gave it to you. But somehow this escapes a lot of domainers.

Then this love of single digits, which was a bigger deal before this flood of new extensions came. Now, it's not really a big deal anymore, plus it's usually followed by a lot more letters than before. If you got it for reg fee, not a big deal. Some domainers actually paid 4 figures for some of these, pretty crazy.

And then my first point. Zero buzz, just don't see a lot of potential targets* that would want to build out on a name like that.

But maybe I'm wrong, time will tell right.

*Maybe another domainer, they're usually good for it.

Last edited:
•••
I only have 1

BITCOINS.BUZZ

•••
Time already told. Basic usability, then I was thinking domain usability and that actually is a .com, somebody did a thesis on it.

Numbers are generally bad for business. Even a number like 2, since if you hear it, you might think two. So 2 or two. Problem #1.

Second, you just picked one of the worst numbers. Again, because it's typically confused with the letter O.

There is a reason you don't see a lot of businesses with numbers in the name, certainly none of the top ones. And I just gave it to you. But somehow this escapes a lot of domainers.

Then this love of single digits, which was a bigger deal before this flood of new extensions came. Now, it's not really a big deal anymore, plus it's usually followed by a lot more letters than before. If you got it for reg fee, not a big deal. Some domainers actually paid 4 figures for some of these, pretty crazy.

And then my first point. Zero buzz, just don't see a lot of potential targets* that would want to build out on a name like that.

But maybe I'm wrong, time will tell right.

*Maybe another domainer, they're usually good for it.

Detailed explanation, yet if it was available i wonder who would have a go for $40!!

we can all have a voice, and be the man with knowledge, predict what will happen with .rubbish!

We can think what will happen, yet this is a new era and if you get left behind then it is up to you to catch up! Just saying!

•••
Being "left behind" is one of your basic marketing cliches. You actually got other ones in there with "new era" "catch up". Same with mining gold, gold rush, you can buy a jet, opportunity like never before. pennies from heaven etc.

In the future, I'm not going to think, Damn, I got left behind, let me go register a .pink or .kitchen.

You'll see a lot of people using those marketing cliches as a reason why they bought a new gtld. I think with some, there is even a little bit of fear in it. Fear they they might miss out, this could be another "Gold Rush". You've probably already seen that type of stuff already, look for it in future posts and blogs.

Like I said, we'll see and I don't think it will take too long. Don't fall for the it'll take 5 years, 10 years, 20 years nonsense that some registries and registrars are putting out, they just want you to renew, renew and renew.

You'll find some good ones in Frank's Twitter Feed as well, this is a good one:

"touch somebody else in the World." That's possible when you buy a .pics or .photo and make a Tumblr site :)

"golden age of naming bro."

Berkens with "It's legal theft!".

"silent revolution"

Last edited:
•••
Being "left behind" is one of your basic marketing cliches. You actually got other ones in there with "new era" "catch up". Same with mining gold, gold rush, you can buy a jet, opportunity like never before. pennies from heaven etc.

In the future, I'm not going to think, Damn, I got left behind, let me go register a .pink or .kitchen.

You'll see a lot of people using those marketing cliches as a reason why they bought a new gtld. I think with some, there is even a little bit of fear in it. Fear they they might miss out, this could be another "Gold Rush". You've probably already seen that type of stuff already, look for it in future posts and blogs.

Like I said, we'll see and I don't think it will take too long. Don't fall for the it'll take 5 years, 10 years, 20 years nonsense that some registries and registrars are putting out, they just want you to renew, renew and renew.

You'll find some good ones in Frank's Twitter Feed as well, this is a good one:

"touch somebody else in the World." That's possible when you buy a .pics or .photo and make a Tumblr site :)

"golden age of naming bro."

Berkens with "It's legal theft!".

picking out words and sentences is not a clue or a puzzle to what i am saying.

In a world where the buyer decides the price, domaining is a little zone inside a buyers pocket!

•••
If I have the opportunity to register 0.buzz for $35. I will definitely get it.

•••
A couple more of mine :

mmj.buzz

stoned.buzz

vapor.buzz

•••
There are too many TLDs now. I believe some will fail hard and a lot of money will be spent for poor results. In the end, .com is still the king IMO as it's the first and most memorable.

•••
There are too many TLDs now. I believe some will fail hard and a lot of money will be spent for poor results. In the end, .com is still the king IMO as it's the first and most memorable.

At the end what counts is content / product. People interested in the content as services / products offered won't stop because the domain ends in a new TLD. I couldn't care less about the TLD as long as i find what i expect when visiting a domain. Maybe it comes up in a search, maybe some one told me to go there or maybe it's advertised but the visitor isn't interested in the TLD itself when visiting a site.

On the same note, Google said it'll treat the new TLDs as generic TLDs. Some people were worried that if they register a .city it would only show for people in the country / region in the searches.

•••

Question is, did you know .com 25+ years ago?

Even Facebook doesn't exist that time. Who knew they will become successful business?

•••

Even Facebook doesn't exist that time. Who knew they will become successful business?

No, but people know it now, 113 million regs and lots of development/marketing/time helps.

.buzz doesn't even have 5,000 regs yet. 25 years from now you can ask the same question about a lot of these and people will say, what?

Comparing these to how .com ended up today, is a losing battle.

•••
Majority of people didn't know INTERNET 25+ years ago. I don't get your argument at all.

•••
The WWW didn't exist then.

But there won't be a second coming of .com. I am sorry if anybody still cherishes the hope of another goldrush. Remember, there's plenty of gold around you right now but it's fools gold.

•••
Let's mind our own business. If you guys/gals don't like the new TLDs, why bother expressing your negative input here?

I get it, some people will never like other extensions. I need to hear from people who actually invested in the new TLDs. To share their success.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Majority of people didn't know INTERNET 25+ years ago. I don't get your argument at all.

No need to elaborate, we are not going anywhere :hearts:

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

The WWW didn't exist then.

Wow. I missed count, sorry. :lala:

•••
Just reg'd a single numeric -

0.buzz
Was there any angle you thought of when you registered this? I understand, at $40 or so maybe it was worth a shot.

Non-alcoholic beer?

Anyway, good luck.

•••
got emarketing.buzz

what do you guys think?

•••
Marketing.Buzz would be ideal...

•••
•••
Let's mind our own business. If you guys/gals don't like the new TLDs, why bother expressing your negative input here?

I get it, some people will never like other extensions. I need to hear from people who actually invested in the new TLDs. To share their success.
:
living in a bubble away from any outside thought or criticism is never a good thing for any kind of investor.

•••
I tried to get some .buzz but the reg didnt get it:(

•••
living in a bubble away from any outside thought or criticism is never a good thing for any kind of investor.

..and leaves no place for the disinterested or haters to spew their condescending remarks.

•••
We went with 2 different directions for the few .Buzz we picked up. The first, and the actual meaning that the founders of .Buzz were shooting for is a site promoting the Buzz around concert ticket sales; ConcertTicket.Buzz. The other is the "spin" on the .Buzz. Since we live in WA where it is legal, we picked up a few like www.LegalWeed.Buzz. We use it as the daily publication for the Marijuana Retailers Assoc.

•••
Any one else had any interest in .buzz ???

•••
:talk:

if you smoke some bud, the .buzz comes later

at least that's what I heard

puff, puff, snort

:)
Check out LegalWeed.Buzz

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back