Have you registered any .buzz domains?

What's your primary use?
Marketing/Advertisement
Flipping
Investment
Hobby

Let us know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just reg'd a single numeric -

0.buzz

Normal buzz reg fee too!

Anyone have a single numeric?

Doesn't that number pretty much cancel the extension out? Zero buzz is not a positive name.

•••
•••
Unfortunately it's not just a waiting game. You could as well keep the name for 20 years, and domains can also depreciate over time, especially in unproven extensions.
Too often, domainers keep renewing domains that they should have ditched a long time ago. At some point you have to cut losses. It's ok to make a loss here and there when your sales more than offset the losses.

Now MRC is not going .bust over a single reg, but those new TLDs are all equally worthless today.

The combo isn't too great here: 0 + buzz doesn't make much sense. I'd rather go with a good keyword, for example marketing, sales, or something like that in front of .buzz. Relative scarcity doesn't make the domain valuable. It's another TLD with a limited purpose. In theory it can be used for advertising campaigns, possibly time-sensitive offers, but I wouldn't brand my business around it.

•••
Being "left behind" is one of your basic marketing cliches. You actually got other ones in there with "new era" "catch up". Same with mining gold, gold rush, you can buy a jet, opportunity like never before. pennies from heaven etc.

In the future, I'm not going to think, Damn, I got left behind, let me go register a .pink or .kitchen.

You'll see a lot of people using those marketing cliches as a reason why they bought a new gtld. I think with some, there is even a little bit of fear in it. Fear they they might miss out, this could be another "Gold Rush". You've probably already seen that type of stuff already, look for it in future posts and blogs.

Like I said, we'll see and I don't think it will take too long. Don't fall for the it'll take 5 years, 10 years, 20 years nonsense that some registries and registrars are putting out, they just want you to renew, renew and renew.

You'll find some good ones in Frank's Twitter Feed as well, this is a good one:

"touch somebody else in the World." That's possible when you buy a .pics or .photo and make a Tumblr site :)

"golden age of naming bro."

Berkens with "It's legal theft!".

"silent revolution"

Last edited:
•••
What does BUZZ mean?
I don't like this TLD

•••
Bit of a reach but it's what you have to do with a lot of these. Plus the obvious confusion of 0 and O. Maybe they go to O.buzz or http://obuzz.com/ check that site out.

Nice, but i believe like most people, when they like / enjoy a domain they'll know exactly what to type. Especially if it is short and easy to remember. I wouldn't by mistake go to namepro.com but i go to namepros.com to get here :)

•••
0.buzz is an excellent investment.

Here's how I see it.
If you registered it for $35/year x10 years. That's only $350 total investment. You have 10 years to sell it. If you sell it for $1000 that a strong return of investment.

If your flipping method is within a month or a year, then the new gTLDs is not a good investment for you.

Consider it as opportunity, not a threat of your .com investment.

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately it's not just a waiting game. You could as well keep the name for 20 years, and domains can also depreciate over time, especially in unproven extensions.
Too often, domainers keep renewing domains that they should have ditched a long time ago. At some point you have to cut losses. It's ok to make a loss here and there when your sales more than offset the losses.

I only followed what's work for me in the past. I will use .CN domain names as example, where most in Domain industry dissed out. I have 10-20 registered keyword .CN, and paid at registration cost. I sold some of them recently for at least $1000. That's a good return of investment for 3-4 years after registration.

•••
If I have the opportunity to register 0.buzz for $35. I will definitely get it.

•••
A couple more of mine :

mmj.buzz

stoned.buzz

vapor.buzz

•••
Let's mind our own business. If you guys/gals don't like the new TLDs, why bother expressing your negative input here?

I get it, some people will never like other extensions. I need to hear from people who actually invested in the new TLDs. To share their success.
:
living in a bubble away from any outside thought or criticism is never a good thing for any kind of investor.

•••
saw an ad on TV for travel.buzz

•••
I still have my own king.buzz domain. :)

I can't afford to register king at any other extension, it's a premium but .buzz is not.

Last edited:
•••
MartiniBuzzNP.jpg

•••
Did you pick up any? Was just looking at the numbers - 796, pretty low for one that's available at GoDaddy. Checking the homepage, above the fold, just doesn't look like they're pushing them. See no mention of new extensions. Just see save 55% .com, .net, .org., .co

Scroll down to the bottom, just a .menu and .club. Had to click around to try to find buzz.

•••

It seems that the registrars are just following the money, and, apparently, they are not seeing it in the new gTLDs.

•••
:talk:

if you smoke some bud, the .buzz comes later

at least that's what I heard

puff, puff, snort

:)

•••
•••
:talk:

if you smoke some bud, the .buzz comes later

at least that's what I heard

puff, puff, snort

:)

Absolutely :hehe:

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Did you pick up any? Was just looking at the numbers - 796, pretty low for one that's available at GoDaddy. Checking the homepage, above the fold, just doesn't look like they're pushing them. See no mention of new extensions. Just see save 55% .com, .net, .org., .co

Scroll down to the bottom, just a .menu and .club. Had to click around to try to find buzz.

I've got some, about 10.
I think it's good for marketing use, it's short and exact match keyword domains.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

And then you go bust :)

I think it's ok in a control spending.

I rather use a short.buzz than to a longerdomainname.com to market my product and services. And if I sell it for $1000 within 10 years that's a good ROI.

•••
Absolutely :hehe:

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I've got some, about 10.
I think it's good for marketing use, it's short and exact match keyword domains.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I think it's ok in a control spending.

I rather use a short.buzz than to a longerdomainname.com to market my product and services. And if I sell it for $1000 within 10 years that's a good ROI.

deleted

Last edited:
•••
You are not making an sense. I don't even understand your reply.

•••
Just reg'd a single numeric -

0.buzz

Normal buzz reg fee too!

Anyone have a single numeric?

•••
Not bothered about it sounding negative or not......I am not even sure if anyone has managed to get a single number yet? Not seen any postings....

Last edited:
•••
Actually 0.buzz is quite unique. I would use it to tell the visitor "here you can read facts not just buzz".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back