IT.COM

Buying

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Carlos535

Established Member
Impact
Hi when buying a domain from GoDaddy is it best to knock up a simple website so when trying to see people can see what they can do with the domain of just leave it and try and sell as is and let someone else do all that when they buy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi!

Well, imo.. it's pretty useless. If you try to sell it to an end-user, then I think there's no need to do that.
An end-user is someone that has a specific idea/project as to what he is gonna build with the domain.

If you had many domains in different niches, that'd be very difficult to set up small websites on each domain. That'd also take too much time.

Nobody does that.

Good luck, btw!

Last edited:
•••
Hi!

Well, imo.. it's pretty useless. If you try to sell it to an end-user, then I think there's no need to do that.
An end-user is someone that has a specific idea/project as to what he is gonna build with the domain.

If you had many domains in different niches, that'd be very difficult to set up small websites on each domain. That'd also take too much time.

Nobody does that.

Good luck, btw!
Cheers for the come back.
I only asked as when I buy a domain is says to set up and website and email blah blah I just thought that I wasn’t doing something that everyone was doing.
Just trying to sell what I have.
What would you say is your average sale time ?
And who are you using?
Every time I put my domains up for sale on Godaddy if I go back the next day it says when I click on some of my days that I’ve not put them up for sale do you have this issue?

•••
If you are looking to sell them, it would be better to direct the domains to a landing page, so if someone visits the domain that wants to buy it there is a way for them to do so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back