Buying expired domain, but FB page still exists with content

NameSilo
Watch

Supercode

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
I am looking for advice.
Sometimes good domains expired, you can buy it, but there is little problem - existing FB page, or twitter account with exactly same title. Last post is made 5 years ago, so de facto page is dead, but content is still there. Of course new owner of domain does not want to deal with old owners posts and content on social networks.

Do you have any experience or recommendations how to deal with old social network page content?
Or better avoid those domains at all?
Even if it is looking very well?O_o

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not much you can really do about that. I NEVER use facebook, I'e never signed up and I have blocked all login buttons etc from my browser.

Now given that there is a live facebook page for one of my businesses that a client started. They meant well and sang praises for me but it is not my facebook page. Every once in a while facebook sends me an email to ask me to claim the page. I ignore it completely because I don't want to get sucked into any more social media.

1. So basic answer is, you cannot stop it and I would not worry.

2. If you know what the email address they used to register was then recreate it and chances are you will eventually get an email from facebook to claim the page.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back