Watch

Ash

Established Member
Impact
What would happen if i bought for example any of these sites:

www.nintendo.eu
www.playstation.eu
www.google.eu

Is there a chance i could get sued by these companies since im pretty sure these names are trademarked? But then again its a domain name and anyone should have the right to buy a domain name as long as its not taken... could someone shed some light on this for me please?

P.S. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but im honestly not sure...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a terrible idea for you to purchase these names.

•••
•••
labrocca said:
It's a terrible idea for you to purchase these names.

Why may I ask?

•••
I am not sure if you would be sued. But they would send you a nasty letter and take the domains off you.

•••
iggy said:
Why may I ask?

Go to the search bar and use keywords "trademark" and "TM" and spend several days reading why not please.

•••
Google got sued for trademark infringement in France and was eventually ruled
against. I hope that tells you something. :D

•••
O.k, I feel really stupid now... I got all caught up in the damn landrush that I went and tried to get just such names being that I'm not a domainer and thought I would give it a try.

I pre-registered some at GD, now what? I cannot cancel them and what if I get them?

Thanks...

*feeling stupid* :(

•••
contact the registrar maybe they will be kind to sort this out for you

•••
The sad thing is that if I contact them to cancel them I won't get a refund... most of them will fail to register I'm sure and even if a couple do then I doubt it will be a big deal as long as I cancel them and just bit the bullet on having lost the price to register them...

I'm so stupid to not have thought this through, not being a domainer I was checking some names for availability and when I saw them availible I thought WOW, I better try and get them. Not thinking about TMs at all... stupid stupid stupid I know!

Oh well, what can I say, I'm Dutch :guilty:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back