Domain Empire

advice Buying domains before renewal, do I have to pay for another year?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I am new here and have bought a few domains. Most of them have 6m plus on the renewal, do I have to pay an extra year when I take ownership? I have transferred most to namesilo and have had to pay for an extra year.

Is it better to push to another account with the same provider?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any time you transfer a domain between registrars, the transfer fee adds a year to the registration.

A push from one account to another within the same regisrar is free.

•••
Thanks for clarifying. So it makes sense to have accounts with all the major domain name providers.

•••
Yes @tdwuk - you end up creating many accounts! I use an app to keep track of account user names and passwords and a spreadsheet to track domains, when I bought them, how much I paid, when I'm auctioning them, and where they are registered. Some folks only transfer domains to registrars that have cheaper renewal fees to save a few $$, which usually includes a 60-day lock. Once you get a large portfolio, it gets harder to manage and there are sites where you can park all of your domains to manage them all in one place if that's what you want to do ... but that's another monthly fee. Good luck!

•••
Any time you transfer a domain between registrars, the transfer fee adds a year to the registration.

A push from one account to another within the same regisrar is free.
That's correct, when transferring domains to another registrar it will add more year(s) to the registration.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back