IT.COM

Buyers and Sellers Beware

NameSilo
Watch

falez

Established Member
Impact
Afternic are a bunch of clowns.

I had to call them because a few of my domains were listed by other people. I have possessed these domains for about 6 months, but had not got around to it until now. I asked whether or not there had been any inquiries or interest in them since I registered them. He told me there had not been any, which I know was a lie because we submitted an offer ourselves to see what would happen.

Then afterwards when I spoke to a broker about a domain I was interested in, the sales agent also lied to me, claiming among many other moot points that the average sales price of a domain in the aftermarket is $3,000 to $5,000. This contradicts Eskrow's internal findings that the average was, if I remember correctly, $2,000 to $3,000 despite few large sales distorting the average.

This experience completely changed my perspective on Afternic. Sucks that options in the aftermarket are somewhat limited.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sucks that options in the aftermarket are somewhat limited.

Patience. Something is coming soon.

•••
Other than some bugs with adding domains to premium upon setting the BIN (should happen automatically - doesn’t always), I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Afternic including that more often than not when I set a BIN and floor on a domain of mine their brokers sell the domain at the full BIN.

I have occasionally acquired a new domain that remains listed at Afternic by the old owner but a quick email to my account rep and the matter is rectified and the domain added directly to my account by the rep.

See also:
Two Year review Afternic DomainAgents Sedo DynaDot Flippa Uniregistry UNDeveloped (DAN) marketplace

Last edited:
•••
Other than some bugs with adding domains to premium upon setting the BIN (should happen automatically - doesn’t always), I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Afternic including that more often than not when I set a BIN and floor on a domain of mine their brokers sell the domain at the full BIN.

I have occasionally acquired a new domain that remains listed at Afternic by the old owner but a quick email to my account rep and the matter is rectified and the domain added directly to my account by the rep.

See also:
Two Year review Afternic DomainAgents Sedo DynaDot Flippa Uniregistry UNDeveloped (DAN) marketplace

They may be good in some respects. But the point of this post is to inform others of their dishonest practices. I mean, you are morally okay with your sales agent basically defrauding buyers in order for them to try and hit that mark?

Last edited:
•••
•••

^Works every time. Sometimes often with GoDaddy closeouts, the name is still listed on Afternic.

A simple short polite email and wa la .....removed and I am able to add to my portfolio.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back