IT.COM

advice Buyer does not wish to pay through PayPal

NameSilo
Watch

tomzilla

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I sold a domain for about $400 through outbound and I've already transferred the domain to their account. I sent a PayPal invoice but he said " I am having an issue with making a credit card payment through PayPal. It is requiring me to setup and account and that isn’t something we wish to do nor am I authorized to do so. Please provide me with a different PayPal link that doesn’t require me to create an account.".

So what other payment options do I have?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So what other payment options do I have?
Pick any domain marketplace with escrow service (Afternic, Sedo, Flippa etc).
Wish you luck!
For the next time, I recommend you to NOT transfer the domain until you got the payment from buyer...

•••
Undeveloped is pretty quick to set up, only takes a 9% fee and they act as an Escrow service. Alternatively, you can ask them to pay you through Payoneer or Escrow.com and just use the emails you got from the registrar as proof of transfer I guess.

•••
•••
Can I put a domain on Undeveloped, Uniregistry or any other marketplace without being in possession of the name?

I know they will pay, I'm not afraid of being scammed. I just want to give them another option to pay other than PayPal because at the end of PayPal invoices, they are asked to create a PayPal account after entering in their card information.

•••
What about a direct wire transfer from their bank account to yours. This can be done in just a few minutes from most online banking platforms. You could even have them mail you a certified check from their bank as well. If they only want pay using a credit/debit card than PayPal is probably the best option in this scenario, especially since you already transferred the domain. And you're right, I'm not sure you'll be able to use a marketplace escrow service or Payoneer and Escrow.com at this point since the domain is no longer in your possession.

I'm curious though how they have the authority to represent the company and make a $400 purchase for a domain, but can't simply create a login to complete a PayPal transaction. I would be a little skeptical at this point in the transaction. Good luck, hope it all works out for you. If anything else chalk it up as a lesson learned.

•••
Do you know them? If not, then you should be afraid of being scammed.

Try Payoneer escrow, really cheap fees there.

•••
•••
•••
pretty sure there are ways to pay with paypal without creating accoutn.. so if that's his issue.. maybe try this to get aruond it:

www.paypal.me

if not, call paypal and ask how to do it witout account.

in future, make sure you never ever transdfer domains without payment first. gl.

•••
•••
Do you know them? If not, then you should be afraid of being scammed.

Try Payoneer escrow, really cheap fees there.
I do know them, they are on Wikipedia.

•••
Wire transfer (SWIFT) to your Serbian bank account and that's all.

•••
What about a direct wire transfer from their bank account to yours. This can be done in just a few minutes from most online banking platforms. You could even have them mail you a certified check from their bank as well. If they only want pay using a credit/debit card than PayPal is probably the best option in this scenario, especially since you already transferred the domain. And you're right, I'm not sure you'll be able to use a marketplace escrow service or Payoneer and Escrow.com at this point since the domain is no longer in your possession.

I'm curious though how they have the authority to represent the company and make a $400 purchase for a domain, but can't simply create a login to complete a PayPal transaction. I would be a little skeptical at this point in the transaction. Good luck, hope it all works out for you. If anything else chalk it up as a lesson learned.
Representative who I am dealing with said that they only can pay via credit card without making additional accounts. This deal had to go through bunch of formalities and authorizations on their side.

Thanks!

•••
Representative who I am dealing with said that they only can pay via credit card without making additional accounts. This deal had to go through bunch of formalities and authorizations on their side.

Thanks!

well assuming theyu're telling u truth
and this is not a way for them to get out of it altogether
then I'm 99% sure yu can pay with CC without making pp account

try the link I gave you.. else call pp to ask how exactly

gl

•••
I've found the way via PayPal payment request instead of the invoice.

PayPal payment request allows you to pay as a guest with credit card, just figured that out lol, no need for an account.

Thanks guys!

•••
skrill will do
just check it

•••
I've found the way via PayPal payment request instead of the invoice.

PayPal payment request allows you to pay as a guest with credit card, just figured that out lol, no need for an account.

Thanks guys!
You still need to wait in future, you are at their mercy when doing things this way, good luck with it.

•••
May be buyer is right at this moment. If he is not going to scam then he must contact you.

All the best for future.

•••
WTF..... everyone knows you can make a payment on paypal without making an account.

The guy is screwing you around.

Send him a payment link and tell him to use his damn credit card and get you paid.

Just a bunch of horse shit if you ask me.

Last edited:
•••
You have made mistake, you transferred domain first. He fooled you, now send him as many as alternative he will not able to do transaction.

•••
It always depends on the country. Some country it won't let you pay with credit card with paypal ( seen multiple times), the option disappear from the form

•••
•••
It always depends on the country. Some country it won't let you pay with credit card with paypal ( seen multiple times), the option disappear from the form

thats also true

a lot of things on paypal depend on receiver vs sender countries.

whether its sending money as gift .. service.. etc... so paying without account could depend too!

•••
In a year this kind of stuff will be a thing of the past when crypto goes more mainstream, thankfully.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back