Dynadot

question Sedo asked me to create invoice, should I do it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I recently sold a domain on Sedo and now Sedo is asking me to create an invoice or receipt:

The buyer has submitted payment to our account and has requested an invoice or receipt.
Please create an invoice or receipt with the full amount 6500 USD and upload it in the "Transfer Documents" section or send it by fax
Am I obliged to send them invoice, given I am a private seller?

On receipt, how can give receipt, without receiving the payment?

Please suggest what to do with Sedo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes
Is for financial records of buyer

•••
You can create as PDF
It's simple:

Domain ( must write the name of domain & extension ) was sold
by YOU as seller
through the Sedo marketplace
at price 6500 USD to the buyer
& you mention the buyer with address & all things about the buyer

•••
Yes
Is for financial records of buyer
But, I am a private seller and can't issue for more amount than what I would receive. Won't there be potential tax implications?

•••
But, I am a private seller and can't issue for more amount than what I would receive. Won't there be potential tax implications?
I guess Sedo would have to issue you with an invoice/receipt showing the amount of commission they're charging you to square everything up for you.

I seem to remember having to supply an invoice for Sedo years ago. I just downloaded a free invoice template and filled it out. Don't put any sales tax on there (VAT etc) unless you are a tax registered company/individual.

Ultimately it won't make any difference to you as you'll work out your taxes based on income into your bank account.

•••
Yes, and many thanks. I created a simple and submitted it on sedo. Now waiting for payment to be released ;)

•••
Update. Payment received after deducting 20% SedoMLS fee.

Further, there was a short payment of $17, now trying to figure out how to get that ;) urgh

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back