NameSilo

Burning questions about cpanel...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What is an Add On domain and why would I use one?
How do I set up an email account and make it work so that I can send and receive mail from say [email protected]?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
trishan said:
What is an Add On domain and why would I use one?
How do I set up an email account and make it work so that I can send and receive mail from say [email protected]?

Addon Domains are domain names that point to subdirectories within your account. (Usually for redirection)

To set up an email acct.: go to Email Management Tools, then Add / Remove E-mail account(s). From there choose, [Add Account]. It will ask for email. I.e, whatever @ domain.com. It will ask for a password for the email address, and a quota on the space that will be used. It is optional but is usually set to unlimited. Then, click create. And there ya go.

Hope this helps.

•••
Now how do I check my emails. I will try to send a test email to myself and see if it works

•••
trishan said:
Now how do I check my emails. I will try to send a test email to myself and see if it works

When you first login it will have all of your management tools, domain info, etc. listed. Find where it says Email Management tools. Just click the link where it says, Read Webmail.

•••
Got this when I tried to email myself:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 10): 550 message to verify they are valid."

•••
Have you set up the email account using cpanel?
If you haven't, then of course it won't work...
Also, addon domains are better than redirection as addon domains are just like you're hosting another site on one hosting account (as they each have their own root level directory essentially).
-Allan

•••
•••
•••
Thanks guys got this sorted.

•••
trishan said:
Thanks guys got this sorted.
You're more than welcome. Glad to help

•••
trishan said:

I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but you can also use an email client program such as Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Eudora, etc.. to check your email off a domain as well. You just need to go to add an account and enter in the outgoing and incoming information. That would save you having to go to the address and sign in to check your mail. :tu:

•••
Thanks for the tip Chris, will truy this out soon

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back