Dynadot

Bullying?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you ever been bullied?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    63.6%
  • No

votes
    36.4%
  • Id prefer not to answer that question

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Sabre

First Time Poster!Top Member
Impact
Anyone here ever been bullied?

If so, how and why?

Just trying to see what bullys pick up on, so that we can best advise others on what to do, and how to avoid them, in all situations, if possible :]

Dont be scared to say, we are a close teen community here, i promise i wont tell -too- many people :p

It could be a huge help to some people, who really need it :gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't been bullied here on NP, just a couple of remarks about my age :lol: but that doesn't count.

I used to get bullied a lot in school last year, because I had a really bad Russian accent and no one could understand me, I had a gay haircut cuz my mom said it was "individual" and I couldn't get a new one until a while ago back in 2005. Now I don't get bullied as much, but I really never gave a lot of thinking to what others say. hence, I don't cut myself :gl:

•••
I think thats the main thing, not giving a toss what others say.... :)

Thats how I lead my life, which is why im known as the "Crazy Guy" in the year :]

•••
I dont bully people, people dont bully me. I do stand up for people who are bullied, i think more people should also do that. The state i live in, if a student is getting picked on, and a teacher sees it, if the teacher does not do anything about it, they will get fired. (State law) All the kids in my school know about that law, and a few teachers were fired this past school year.

•••
Prior to like 6th or 7th grade (remember, this is now AGES ago), I got bullied by some older dudes who were on my bus (mixing high schoolers with us younger middle schoolers, real bright IMHO). :blink:
Then about that time I had a little growth spurt, and did rather well at sports (and at school as well, I remember consistently getting 4 A's and 1 B each quarter, whatever it was) ... and sort of had had enough and ended up in a small tussle with one of the punks! We both were kind of hurtin' afterwards, but I never got bullied again, IMHO.
Looking back on it now, though ... I would have avoided ALL physical confrontation altogether and just had "words" with him (or perhaps even challenge him to a political debate (the one kid was as dumb as a stump))! :p

As always, be cool™! :music:
B-)

•••
Yestarday infact i was sitting in town with my mates had my girl resting my my lap and was having a good chat with everyone and suddenly i hear..."thats him up there"...and so i turn around and see a load of chavs and one came up and punched me in the face 4 times because i apparently laughed at her mate which i never even seen her mate before....really sucks.

•••
Jeff said:
Prior to like 6th or 7th grade (remember, this is now AGES ago), I got bullied by some older dudes who were on my bus (mixing high schoolers with us younger middle schoolers, real bright IMHO). :blink:
Then about that time I had a little growth spurt, and did rather well at sports (and at school as well, I remember consistently getting 4 A's and 1 B each quarter, whatever it was) ... and sort of had had enough and ended up in a small tussle with one of the punks! We both were kind of hurtin' afterwards, but I never got bullied again, IMHO.
Looking back on it now, though ... I would have avoided ALL physical confrontation altogether and just had "words" with him (or perhaps even challenge him to a political debate (the one kid was as dumb as a stump))! :p

As always, be cool™! :music:
B-)

Should have known you were a little hoodlum at school Jeff! :D

liam_d said:
Yestarday infact i was sitting in town with my mates had my girl resting my my lap and was having a good chat with everyone and suddenly i hear..."thats him up there"...and so i turn around and see a load of chavs and one came up and punched me in the face 4 times because i apparently laughed at her mate which i never even seen her mate before....really sucks.

Yeh, ive had them come up to me before, and starting saying crap to me, so i just outsmart them, and make a few witty comments, and they get so pissy, they forget what they were doing with you, and saunter off, swearing... :lol:

•••
I can honestly say I haven't been bullied. I am not the biggest kid, I am just normal size, but I stick up for myself...I don't know why, but I just try to respect everyone I know so I get the same in return.

•••
Yeah, I've been bullied but yeah alot of people in my school do :D I don't get bullied that often but when i do it's not really that bad but then when someone who i can bash tries to pick on me, I don't let them bully me but i bash them up instead :)

•••
I guess, the best way to go about it, is have a strong circle of friends, and be on good terms with most of the year, thats how i survive :p

•••
I'm actually thinking about hanging round somewhere else, the person that punched me said sorry, hugged me and gave me some drink so we made up but her friend is addicted to speed and hes crazy always saying rubish to me...scares the hell out of me.

•••
I used to get bullied a lot, I don't really want people to feel sorry for me so I never really tell anyone. I thought about suicide a lot, and I did cut myself, to release the tension, but the funny thing is that I can't stand blood, so it didn't happen regularly, and I'm still here to tell the tale! :wave:

I like to help people who get picked on and I never hold grudges against ANYONE, but that never works out because people disrespect me. I like someone they might not like, and it all goes a bit pear shaped.

I have a problem at the moment. I helped these two people in my class through a bullying problem, and now they have kinda "attached" themselves to me. I can't get away from them for love nor money. I am the only person who is nice to them, and they seem to follow me around. Now because I don't like to be nasty to people, I can't get them off my back! I feel really bad when I make a friendly commen like "you have mud on your shirt" or "your breath smells", which you would say to your friends. They don't take it as a friendly comment, or a joke or anything, they take it really offensively, and give me death stares and stuff! :(

For anyone here who is being bullied though, you just got to sit down and think that there is always someone who has it worse off than you. Life is never as bad as you may think. Talk to your teachers, to your parents, even to the bullys.

Things you must do are:
- Stand up for yourself. Obviouslly don't offend them, but don't take everything they say.
- Tell people. Talking to a friend or your family can always help. If you want, send me a PM, I am more than happy to listen to you. :)

Do not:
- Tell the bullies you are going to get them in trouble. This will anger them, and also will provoke other people to start hating you for being a "grass".
- Tell them anything they may be able to use against you. For instance telling a bully that you have a collection of Boyzone albums won't help you. :)
- Make a big scene. This will incite people to talk about you behind your back and mock you more.

Tom

Sabre said:
I think thats the main thing, not giving a toss what others say.... :)QUOTE]
you say it like it is sooo easy to do. I think I am pretty well respected in my current situation. People don't hate me, but when someone does do something to upset me, it really hurts, and its not easy. Especially when you thought they were your friend!

Last edited:
•••
Actually being a 'grass' is not a bad thing, my friend was threatend to have his bike nicked and got punched in the face and got his lip split simply because he said "its my bike" so we told the police.

•••
liam_d said:
Actually being a 'grass' is not a bad thing, my friend was threatend to have his bike nicked and got punched in the face and got his lip split simply because he said "its my bike" so we told the police.
slight difference there though. I was talking about telling a teacher,

"miss, liam called me a g*y w*nker"

and then you get a detention and you have to "Promise not to do it again". The point is, you have to live with the bullies at school. Having your bike nicked on the street and tellin the police is different because you don't spend everyday with that person. (ihope not anyway)

•••
I used to be bullied in the 5. - 7. grade (I'm in 8. now so the force school change all 7. graders have to do was a good thing for me). I don't really know why I was bullied, but I kept getting bullied and beaten up and shit like this. Not really sure why as I said, but probobly just because I came back from the UK and had no friends as I started school in Norway in the 3. grade and never managed to settle, but when you get blank seets and a new start (like the 8. grade) it's all more easy to get friends and avoid the old bulliers so it's good to feel you got something.

•••
If something were to happen to me in school i would say stuff back and if it carries on i would tell a teacher, there is just no need for it.

•••
liam_d said:
If something were to happen to me in school i would say stuff back and if it carries on i would tell a teacher, there is just no need for it.
do you get bullied, severely I mean, not just a passing comment? Its not always easy to tell a teacher.

Recently a room in our school was vandalised, computer equipment was smashed, and the room was left in tatters. I was there when it happened. I was asked to write a witness statement and I did. I said what I saw happen, and, even though it is supposed to be confidential, I was found out, and was ripped apart for the next few weeks. People went on at me, called me stuff, victimised (well, what I felt was victimising) me. People humiliated me, laughed at me and I could go on and on... it only stopped when I eventually appologised to the person who I told on, but I don't think it was right. I didn't want to appologise, but I felt so sh*t everyday, I would have done anything to stop it.

My point is, it dosen't matter what has happened, you tell/grass/snitch/dob-up whatever you call it, you will get picked on more. And other people will do it as well. Its not "cool" to be a grass, so people will pick on the "uncool" one.

Do you understand?

•••
yeah i understand.... society sucks....

it also sucks that the teachers and principals don't do anything about it... yet if you retaliate and punch the guy, you get into trouble??????

•••
I'm a part of the new system where we are trying to stop bullying in all schools of Norway. Big project and fun to work with (and you get out of a few calsses every week :p). It's nice to see that alot of people here are motivated on it, but not all follow up their word.. :| I hope we can get as minimum bullying as possible within 2007. Would be nice to see that happen :)

•••
Wildchild22 said:
yeah i understand.... society sucks....

it also sucks that the teachers and principals don't do anything about it... yet if you retaliate and punch the guy, you get into trouble??????
i know... there is this boy in my class, he got in trouble for pushing another boy. He got a headteachers detention (the worst you can get). The boy who was pushed then pulled out a knife and threatened him with it, and he also got a head teacher's. Pushing, compared to threatening with their life and the same punishment is given... sucks! :o

And I think it is the teachers' faults. They feel they must be "just" and "fair". Because they weren't there, it is one person's word against the other, and they don't want to be sacked because parents come in moanin about something or other, so everyone gets the same punishment. This dosen't happen in real life, but teachers won't see this.

Basically, its like what happens on the internet. Teenagers don't get taken seriously enough by potential clients, so they lose business. Teachers don't take kids seriously enough, so we lose confidence, and then they wonder why we all take drugs and smoke. :lol:

Teachers should be more fair, but being less "fair". If you get my meaning.

•••
yeah i agree. by trying to be fair, they end up being unfair to the victim

•••
Petter said:
I'm a part of the new system where we are trying to stop bullying in all schools of Norway. Big project and fun to work with (and you get out of a few calsses every week :p). It's nice to see that alot of people here are motivated on it, but not all follow up their word.. :| I hope we can get as minimum bullying as possible within 2007. Would be nice to see that happen :)
we have a system in our school, where we use people called "bully reps" and you are supposed to be able to talk to them if you are being bullied, but that never works. In my class at the moment, its split into 3 distnct friendship groups. The bully reps in our class are in the groups who don't have much problem with bullies. The bullied people won't talk to these people, 1) because its embarrasing, and peolpe are ashamed to talk about being bullied and 2) because they know that they will get bullied even more if they talk about it to these people. I don't know how it works, people in my school, and probably other schools, are ruthless. They don't seem to have any feelings for other people.

I have also noticed that people who are bullied will not "get together" with each other. They will all be nasty to each other, thinking that other people will like them better. They could all get together and be friends, and wouldn't be so upset all the time.

Tom

•••
Its pretty funny for me as the people that 'bullied' me are now mates and becomming good mates actually they are pretty sound people once you get to know them.

•••
liam_d said:
Its pretty funny for me as the people that 'bullied' me are now mates and becomming good mates actually they are pretty sound people once you get to know them.
well thats great!:) I'm glad for you! :):):)

Its always nice to hear of something like that, there is so much hatred in this world! lol

•••
liam_d said:
Actually, before I switched soccer teams I used ot get, not bullied, but more like teased by the team mates I have now and it's strange to think back at that as I'm now best friends with a few of them and all of them are really nice so that has kinda happened to me to when I come to think of it :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back