Dynadot

Bring back the tabs!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The three tabs namepros used to have made browsing much more organized, now I have to take a while (when compared to the original) in scrolling down to get to the bottom. The tabs allowed for increased compatability and organization—much easier to use! B-)

Any chances we may get it back?

-Alex-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It did help, but I kinda like it without the tabs. Then I don't forgot, that there are other forums :p

Maybe they could make a 2nd skin, which has tabs. So you have the option of choosing which you want.

I like the default style presented the way it is now. :D

•••
+1 one for tabs....also hoping for another style thats like the old one...not a fan of the new bland design :/

•••
There is a very strong chance tabs will be coming back.

•••
Great :)

I'm happy to see change, but I think we all have to remember one thing:

Why do people register at Namepros? Because the second you visit, it feels like home. I think older style was more visually appealing with it's blue bits n' bobs!

•••
I think each design has its own pros and cons.

On the site without tabs, all forums are visible -- so activity may increase. But the forum seems very long -- and a lot of scrolling is involved.

With the tabs, it's pretty easy to navigate around. However, I tend to forget which forum is in which tab sometimes ;)

An option may be user selectable themes -- where the NamePros user could choose which they prefer. I think this would be the best option. :)

•••
^ Optional customization themes/selections (like the template colors/selections in the lower left-hand side), if possible, seem to be a popular approach IMHO. :gl:

Just my two sense.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Some people before didn't know there were other forum areas.

And others, especially when in a rush, sometimes wouldn't even bother clicking the tabs.

Both of the above assertions, while somewhat speculative, reflect my own personal experiences - I sometimes would forget there were other forum areas, while other times simply didn't even bother with the tabs when in a rush.

IMHO, bottom line is listing all forums is better as the default view. For those wanting tabs, make that an option.

On a related note, I'd suggest the NP staff to compare the posting / activity stats of forum areas that weren't in the old default tab view to that of the current all forums listing.

Ron

•••
I liked the tabs a lot more, due to the amount fo forums it was always good to shorten the list :)

•••
+1 one for tabs...:bah::kickass::great::lol:

•••
I also really liked the tabs. Kept things a lot more organized and navigation was a lot easier. C'mon, we all love tabs from browsers' to even NP's. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back