IT.COM

Not liking it very much...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I appreciate this new design effort, but the "new" NamePros has completely lost that something special. I don't get that feeling anymore, and things feel very poorly organized: the navigation tabs load very slowly compared to before, the sidebar on the main page seems out of place, things don't line up very well (the tabs should touch the top of the forum sections, for example), the search box is too small, etc.

I really hope things get back to the way they were.

I'm also not digging the choice of bright red as your navigation background color.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I liked the older design better before they started with a slew of changes coinciding with the launch of bido. However I have gotten adjusted to the interface just as I get used to every new version of windows :). The only feature I would have liked is the interface to have a fluid layout.

•••
i like it
glad to see it looking more like home
glad the tabs are back
tho i think its all still in the works but not sure

also you can change your template/theme at the bottom of the page if you dont like the red!

•••
I hate the tabs at the start, it was better with all the forums on one page, and it was faster loading.

•••
As I said before, you can't please everyone. However, it's all being worked on :) As far as the search box being too small - it's bigger now than it was pre-upgrade.

•••
Yes, but the "Quick Search" text is smaller, so perhaps that's why it looks so tiny. Or maybe it just doesn't stand out as much because there is no color behind it (the old version's search box had a blue navigation bar behind it).

Anyway, I'm sure everything will work itself out. I do think the tab loading time is an issue, though, as well as not being able to choose our default tab. Having the new posts tab as our default is a bit obnoxious.

As for the bright red, yes, I can change themes, but aside from the red this theme is the best of the bunch.

Anyway, looking forward to future changes. Just wanted to speak my mind.

•••
Just put all the forum sections on one page and it will be much better. Get rid of the tabs. It was already bad with two tabs. Now there are even more.

Just use the default forum layout like any other forum.

•••
Really? I have been enjoying the excitement of change over the last few weeks.

•••
i can see the need to evolve .....its all good and still a great place to be

•••
I'm interested to know why the NP development staff did not set-up a beta site with these changes so they could be tested and viewed (and commented on) by a focus group of NP users prior to making this switch.

It seems like the past month has been a lesson in how not to handle the relaunch of a website.

You never know what you are going to find when anyone you come to NP. There are things that are not working, the .mobi version is still off-line, the interface seems to change every few days.

Wouldn't this have been much better accomplished by setting up a beta site?

•••
Blame it on CoolJeff©, as I have not been around as much this month in order to assist ... and, afterall, I am historically the #1 Namepros MasterBeta™, IMHO. :guilty: :red: :laugh:

Keep up the good work! :talk:
-Jeff B-)

•••
I won't be happy until they learn about when to use AJAX, or at the very least get rid of the ugly errors.

•••
For me I also don't like the changes, it's very confusing to say the least.

•••
Thank you all for the input, I will make sure to send a heads up to our Development Team. :)

•••
logged on and the recent comments are gone ?? i didn't mind this feature as i looked at a couple of things i may not have noticed previously , so i guess you can never please all, still the best !

•••
i am finding the latest a bit hard on the eyes !

•••
I am viewing in red/white/blue theme :tu:

•••
hey
i love np:) , but i really dont like the new design , please bring the old design back ....:(
its really hard to read and just doesn't feel right

•••
I like the new design much more. It follows the modern trend to use more white blank spaces.

There are a few things that could be changed to improve the current design:

1. the blue you are using in the logo and overall the site isn't nice. A navy colour would be much better and stylish. Change it to navy. That blue is crap.

2. The font size is too small. I'm in my mid 30's and I have perfect vision but I find the font size too small.

3. Some of the grey tones are too weak. A more defined light grey would look better.

4. On the main page get rid of the tabs. Use the default system. Most people shift click or ctrl click on multiple links. Lets say I want to visit 5 different forum sections. I want to ctrl click on all of them so each opens in a new tab. Your tab system makes this impossible. I would prefer all the forum sections on one page. Because you browse websites in a certain way doesn't mean you have to force it to others. Give us the default main page.

Last edited:
•••
I am back to red/white/blue

Thank god I saw changing skin option at the bottom of screen otherwise I’m gonna get new glasses. (I knew forums has this feature but just didn’t notice it)

FONT size is terribly small in “clean” skin (default theme huh?)
I like changes but not this time, I switch back holy to red/white/blue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back