Domain Empire

.tv BREAKING: LIVE.tv sold for $500,000!

NameSilo
Watch
I have been alluding that there would be some major news about .tv in my last posts. Cybertavern has informed me that they have sold Live.tv for $500,000. The new owner could have been leasing the domain name for a while. Premium renewal fee seems to be $25-50/yr.

FCI Inc out of Seattle, Washington seems to be the new buyer. Doing some research on the current DNS servers of FlyingCroc.net, you will see the company , is ICF Technology, which their root domain is ICFTechnology.com. You can learn more about them by visiting their URL.

Regarding the actual sale, Cybertavern has agreed to help provide documentation to Ron at DN Journal. Ron has been out of town, but we working to get this on the board.

I appreciate all the effort and am grateful to Ted of Cybertavern for providing to show more transparency and disclose this massive sale.

Kind Regards,
A

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Amazing Sale! Thanks for sharing.

•••
No wonder the registry is taking all expired LL.TV back.

•••
Tragic ….. is this Jeff ?

...methinks it very well may be Sancho Panza.

He has apparently been destined to pick up and carry the weather-worn banner of his ever faithful .tv denier, Don Quixote, meandering fearlessly into the sunset of the 20th century.

Ride on, bro!...

•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
Fabulous sale.

Really nice to hear about this alongside so many other high value sales of recent weeks.

It wasn't that many years ago that talk of a four-digit sale was a crazy idea. Now five-digit sales are a regular mention.
Hopefully this six-digit sale, following the announcement of other six-figure sale (fashion.tv $125,000) may be the start of a regular thing.

One-off's (can you really get more than one 'one-offs'?) or start of a new norm - it's a highlight and special moment in the history of .tv

For the first time in a long time I am now happy I once turned down a $70k offer on a name a few years back when the famous 'Swiss buyer' was doing a substantial portfolio purchase and acquiring dozens of high-end names

curious what name it is ,-)

•••
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
funny but i do not seem to be able to get live.tuvalu to resolve, nor any other name.tuvalu.

what could i be doing wrong HeyNow?

The whole system must be down. I'm having the same problem getting live.television to resolve.

•••
funny but i do not seem to be able to get live.tuvalu to resolve, nor any other name.tuvalu.

what could i be doing wrong HeyNow?

you mean Live.TV ?

Its an adult webcam site in my browser. if it is the new owner website or cached old website , I dont know ?

rokoroko

•••
Just thought I should remind people that a .tv went for half a million dollars.

It is worth thinking about.

•••
RSchwartz has spoken about how big is the idea of your buyer and in the right hands a short .TV domain could make for a nice brand. I'll admit when I get those "How much?" inquiries I still hesitate to ask what I really think it could sell for in the hands of a MBerkens or ARosener etc so quite often I will quote a monthly lease price which is 2% of my target sales price and even that is modest compared to what others would probably ask. But for someone who doesn't have a sales background constant rejection can hurt the psyche :)

I should have an $XXX sale to announce in the next several days - not sure why it is being held up at Godaddy - buyer has paid but domain is still in my account with my Whois info appearing.

•••
Not announced in DNjournal. Just wondering why ...

•••
•••
JF,
Couldn't get the documentation from Ted to Ron. This was a risk I was willing to take (would not get reported in DNJ). The critics may suggest or conclude it was not a real sale and I am ok with that.

Thanks,
A

Not announced in DNjournal. Just wondering why ...

•••
JF,
Couldn't get the documentation from Ted to Ron. This was a risk I was willing to take (would not get reported in DNJ). The critics may suggest or conclude it was not a real sale and I am ok with that.

Thanks,
A

even not mentioned in DNJurnal
it is essential info for me.

Thanks Ammudamus

Rokoroko

•••
Exceptional sale!!!

We have come a long way in the last four years :)

•••
Exceptional sale!!!

We have come a long way in the last four years :)

You're right. We've come a long way indeed.

I'm reminded of a member here from that period and his hope that: 'one day we'll all meet on a cruise liner to discuss .tv instead of the forum'

No cruise just yet for most of us, but the seller of Live.tv might be able to get his own boat now!

Half a million. That is a gobsmacking amount. Hell, you could buy a new domain extension for that amount and still have change left to buy a boat!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back