IT.COM

.tv UPDATE: Fashion.tv SOLD for $125,000!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am sure it was a monster sale, but Fashion.tv was sold to Fashion-TV.com. This name was owned by Cybertavern who was the main investor behind the late Mrs. Jello. The domain name supposedly had a locked renewal fee of $50/yr. Will try to find more information,but the domain name just changed hands.

UPDATE: The seller has confirmed that the sale of Fashion.tv was $125,000.

Best,
A

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice piece of informattion. Thank you Ammudamus and equity78.

I have a few ideas that I'd like to put on some .tv domains, but the registration fee is a bit high.

•••
I have a few ideas that I'd like to put on some .tv domains, but the registration fee is a bit high.

If you think the registration fees are too high for owning a dot tv domain at ($12, 20, $30) then your sights are set much to low. If you are going to develop and just covering your cost of reg fees is your goal well then you need to rethink your development plans. I don't think anyone would go into development hoping to make that small of an amount on their sites they've built.

Go big or go home.

..or you build a site out of a passion that you have and the money you make doesn't matter.

If you are just a collector of many domains and don't do anything at all with them then you need to change your strategy.

For all that a killer dot tv name says and represents to the world the renewal fees are perfect.

•••
Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you said. Thing is I literally don't have the resources to invest in .tv right now. Right now I am focusing on my .com's. I will definitely invest in .tv once I am more stable.

•••
Nice piece of research by Ammar and thanks to Ray for the clarification of the sale of Golf.tv

The sale of Fashion.tv for $125,000 is truly a stunning highlight to the week.

I've just had a quick look at what the new owners have put up and I wish them all the very best with their endeavours.

Looks like .tv may be in fashion in more ways than one!

Just to put things in perspective, if anyone remembers when Naomi Campbell fell off her high shoes many years ago on the catwalk and burst out laughing - that one moment reportedly made far more than $125k for every second she was on the floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFSzgh1YQ0

•••
Looks like documentation has still not been passed over to Ron. Hoping Ted is ok since I personally have not heard from him. Either way, good news to report.

A

•••
Ditto, thanks for the info., Ammar.

Great news for dotTV!... and even better news for TV.com (the reluctant ''defensive reg" of many, if not most, .TV domainers here).

Of course, FashionTV.com dominates this space... so when a hyphenated knock-off wanna-be site, Fashion-Tv.com, can pay $125,000 to duplicate, (Not Redirect), their site to Fashion.TV... its telling me there's much more here than just the best .TV sale ever!

•••
Uhm, I wonder if this sale gives any indication of value for mine
ItalianFashion.tv
Thoughts?

•••
Uhm, I wonder if this sale gives any indication of value for mine
ItalianFashion.tv
Thoughts?

No, it doesn't. Your name is a very niche one & probably would be lucky to sell for more than reg fee.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back