Domain Empire

question Brandpa, SquadHelp, BrandBucket Sales History?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

getniche

Exact MatchEstablished Member
Impact
Does anyone know if any of these companies publish their sales or if there is any tracking by forum members?

Would be highly useful for domainers like me who buy brandables, but don't necessarily have useful comps since most of the stuff on namebio comes straight from auction/backorder/pre-release sales (aka not end user).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Squadhelp recent sales are being listed in the Marketplace Dashboard.

Would be highly useful for domainers like me who buy brandables
Useful in what way? If you sell on brandable marketplaces, you go with the price they give you.

•••
Squadhelp recent sales are being listed in the Marketplace Dashboard.

Useful in what way? If you sell on brandable marketplaces, you go with the price they give you.

For one, Brandpa gives you the option to change their suggested price from what I remember. Also useful when deciding to pick up drops off pre-release to get an idea of viability. Also, I'm considering my own listing service and I'm trying to get a handle on as much sales data as I can.

•••
•••
I've had a number of domains listed there since April 2018.
Lowered my prices as low as they will allow and have sold nothing.
Parking them there I've lost the revenue the domains used to bring in.
I am looking for other options and will close the account soon.

•••
I've had a number of domains listed there since April 2018.
Lowered my prices as low as they will allow and have sold nothing.
Parking them there I've lost the revenue the domains used to bring in.
I am looking for other options and will close the account soon.
Thanks for this. That the site is now generating money from the domain sellers is turning it into a place I don't really think has the standards I would expect in a marketplace. Biting the hand that feeds you.

They should be promoting the domain names and are already taking a BIG percentage if they sell. Now they want the domain sellers to pay for promotion as well. That's a screw over right there.

If I pay them to promote the domain name then they shouldn't take a percentage at all. They are taking a bite out of people on the front and back end of an eventual sale.

What do you think @Rob Monster @Bob Hawkes

Last edited:
•••
Brandable domain name marketplace Brandpa recently turned two years… ... Here are 1134 names that sold on BrandBucket - DNgeek ... Ummm not a great price, but I'll take that considering the fact, it was auctioned off in a historical event ... by Squadhelp (currently best marketplace for premium domains) at a sale

•••
BUMPING THIS THREAD

Why do I feel that the top 3 brandable marketplaces -- SH, BB, BP - are secretive about what domains are actually sold? Despite how I feel about them, at least BuyDomains.com openly lists their domains sold and the numbers get syndicated to DNjournal. Publishing the domains and sold prices will help the entire domain business as a whole. Perhaps the brandable sales rate is super low that the marketplaces are too embarrassed to list the real numbers.

Thoughts?

•••
BUMPING THIS THREAD

Why do I feel that the top 3 brandable marketplaces -- SH, BB, BP - are secretive about what domains are actually sold? Despite how I feel about them, at least BuyDomains.com openly lists their domains sold and the numbers get syndicated to DNjournal. Publishing the domains and sold prices will help the entire domain business as a whole. Perhaps the brandable sales rate is super low that the marketplaces are too embarrassed to list the real numbers.

Thoughts?

BuyDomains “sales” are all $1,888

i feel BD formula; all close ths price see sticks

Unlike the other 3; BD blatant cybersquatters. Still waiting for BuyDomains to remove;

NetKnicks.com

Last edited:
•••
The 3 Brandable marketplaces (especially SH)

TM analysis,before accepting any submissions

Whereas BuyDomains has no shame.

Last edited:
•••
I appreciate your response Samer. You are awesome. BuyDomains does have no shame. But have you checked out the SquadHelp thread lately?

I'm quoting myself...

^^

So it seems like this "Expert Reviews" process is a big factor behind the sudden SH change. I truly do not believe the reviewers are true experts at all. A true expert would not allow a name like epicRealt*r to be on their marketplace due to trademark concerns. I thought that end users get the benefit of screening their name for potential trademark concerns as part of the full brand experience.

I guess SquadHelp not only has technical bugs to fix, but they need to fix legal bugs as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back