Dynadot

BRANDDO Experience?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
This one was under my radar and I dont remember hearing it discussed much on here. Does anyone have any experience with this company or owners etc?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From what I understand, they ask you to provide your own logos.

•••
•••
does anybody have experience with branddo? thanks

•••
Just got my first domain listed there. Any fellow domainer with Branddo experience?

•••
I joined BrandDo earlier this month. I submitted quite a bit of domains, and they're just now getting back to me with accepts / rejects notifications. I'm excited to provide logo's that I retain full fights to, and their industry leading 12% commission and free listing fee's. They rank high in Google for some pretty impressive targeted keywords. I'll be sure to update in this thread more often.

Brandable domains are subjective to every marketplace. One marketplace may reject your domain, but there are many more outlets to sell a brandable reject than NamePros. The industry has evolved to where you don't just have to buy a domain because it is marketplace accepted. You can begin resume buying your domains based off weather or not you think it fits the enduser requirements for a brandable.

dddd.PNG

•••
Is Branddo an exclusive marketplace like Brandbucket? Is anyone from Branddo a member here on Namepros?

•••
Seems like an interesting brandable marketplace.

•••
Is Branddo an exclusive marketplace like Brandbucket? Is anyone from Branddo a member here on Namepros?

BrandDo used to offer two listing options:

Premium - With domain forwarding you pay 12% after sale,
Standard - No domain forwarding you pay 20% after sale.

Somewhere between January 26th, and March 15th, they removed the standard listing option, and now only offer premium listings.

They also denied my first request for the annualized sales rate of their marketplace.

•••
3 of my domains are approved to publish in BrandDO.
Well, we have to create our own logos and description.
Yes, They are charging 12 % commision. No upfront fees.

•••
They rejected my initial logo designs due to pixel clarity :'(

Got a mail from them, Please take time to provide a real 1000px image.

So please be cautious while creating logos.

•••
12% commission is pretty good.. supplying your own logo only works for a small amount of sellers..
Is it an exclusive marketplace or can you sell your domains on other platforms?
Do you need to keep your domain forwarded to them?

Just seen some domains listed for 0$ just bought one.. wonder how that goes..

•••
I'd rather pay 30% to a marketplace that does the job than 12% to the one that would passively wait for sales to happen.

Of course, they might get free targeted traffic from google, but 12% is too small a budget to really promote the names.

Think about it. BB, with the most names sold (not the best rate though), sells around 900 names in a year. That is about $2,000,000 in sales. 30% of the amount is only $600,000 to pay salaries, do advertising/marketing and networking.

Now, if Branddo will manage to sell 200 names in a year, which I doubt (how many names do they have, by the way?) and do $400,000 in sales, their commission would only be $48,000. That leaves nothing to promotion.

That goes on to show that the whole domain industry by size is peanuts industry, very small total global market size. The biggest attraction being a) low barriers to entry; b) fairy tales going around about hitting an accidental jackpot here and there.

•••
I'd rather pay 30% to a marketplace that does the job than 12% to the one that would passively wait for sales to happen.

I agree. But it takes more than money to market properly.

Flippa has the lowest commission fee's with only a 10% success fee, but to my knowledge they don't have nearly as strong of a targeted marketing campaign as brandable specific marketplaces.

BrandRoot has some skilled SEO guys so I imagine their cost of doing business is much less than other marketplaces with higher overhead costs. They were able to utilize their marketing dollars towards tangible marketing such as sponsoring the back of NamesCon program guides.

They also denied my first request for the annualized sales rate of their marketplace.

Though they rejected my initial request, they provided me with the contact information of their sales manager. I will notify them of NamePros and this thread should they want to join themselves and answer directly, or if they can provide answers to our questions through email that I'll redistribute it NamePros.

I'm interested in hearing how their annualized sales rate and anything else the community would like to know. Feel free to PM or post any questions you have for BrandDo, and I will include them in my Monday morning email to the company.

•••

Does BB actively promote names? If yes, how?

Think about it. BB, with the most names sold (not the best rate though), sells around 900 names in a year. That is about $2,000,000 in sales. 30% of the amount is only $600,000 to pay salaries, do advertising/marketing and networking.

There is a $10 listing fee for each domain Recons. 10 x 30,000 is $300,000 dollars. $600,000 seems like plenty to do all that.

•••
One time fees are not in one year, they don't get full amount, they pay to designers out of that. All in all, the revenue from those is negligible for the purposes of promoting names.

•••
Bottom line BB makes good money. For $10 listing fee and 30% they should sell more domains.

•••
Bottom line BB makes good money. For $10 listing fee and 30% they should sell more domains.

Maybe the demand for brandable domains is just not that big that we think.

•••
It is plenty big since start-ups with money like them. You just can't market made-up words easily.

•••
Anyone sell anything with Branddo? And does anyone know if it's a exclusive marketplace or not?

•••
Branded market places are too crowded .... brandbucket 27K plus name (hardly any visibility). Namerific again crowded.... Brandroot : they hardley respond to your query... and now BrandDo...
many more : PlentyOfBrands.com .... TakeAMark.com ..

Just wondering if its better to have a landing sales page ... lol

Question : Do you like brandbuckets.com 10 $ listing fee ... they make a small decent revenue doing that.. ?

•••
I was considering using Branddo along with Brandbucket.. Has anybody had any major joy selling with them?

•••

Of course, they might get free targeted traffic from google, but 12% is too small a budget to really promote the names.

Now, if Branddo will manage to sell 200 names in a year, which I doubt (how many names do they have, by the way?) and do $400,000 in sales, their commission would only be $48,000. That leaves nothing to promotion.

That goes on to show that the whole domain industry by size is peanuts industry, very small total global market size. The biggest attraction being a) low barriers to entry; b) fairy tales going around about hitting an accidental jackpot here and there.
Might have been four months since your poat but that is exactly the feeling I got when I read their terms the other day. Another point I did not like was the escrow fees shared term. What? 12 % comm, logi made by seller, then you also pay escrow ? No Thank you. I am not impressed.

•••
Might have been four months since your poat but that is exactly the feeling I got when I read their terms the other day. Another point I did not like was the escrow fees shared term. What? 12 % comm, logi made by seller, then you also pay escrow ? No Thank you. I am not impressed.

I just sold a domain listed at $750, cleared $660 after their fees.
Can't see the issue, I did get free escrow on first sale, I've asked them what their charge would have been.

•••
I just sold a domain listed at $750, cleared $660 after their fees.
Can't see the issue, I did get free escrow on first sale, I've asked them what their charge would have been.

Congrats! :)
How many domains in total do you have listed there and for how long prior to this (first?) sale?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back