Dynadot

BrandBucket Strategy

NameSilo
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
I think I saw this here...

Submitting domains on BrandBucket that are available for registration, and purchasing the ones that get approved.

Does this actually work? I mean, do BrandBucket actually approve domains that weren't registered yet and if they approve it, don't they just register them themselves?

Anyone who tried and can share their insights? Will appreciate it.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As for me, if a name is good enough to be "brandable", what's to prevent someone else from registering it?

•••
As for me, if a name is good enough to be "brandable", what's to prevent someone else from registering it?

Ethics.

@YairDD it works, a 100%. Go to BB homepage, you'll find plenty of names registered days ago.

good luck

•••
I'm doing this since almost 2 years, and it works perfect. I built the biggest part of my portfolio using this system with BrandBucket. Don't worry about that..!

That's a WIN «-» WIN strategy that is good for everybody (BB & Seller), which means more names in the «bucket» and less money lost by sellers.

Last edited:
•••
Ethics.

@YairDD it works, a 100%. Go to BB homepage, you'll find plenty of names registered days ago.

good luck

I'm doing this since almost 2 years, and it works perfect. I built the biggest part of my portfolio using this system with BrandBucket. Don't worry about that..!

That's a WIN «-» WIN strategy that is good for everybody (BB & Seller), which means more names in the «bucket» and less money lost by sellers.

Thank you, I will browse BrandBucket to see which domains get approved and which sells. and start doing it myself.

Did you guys ever tried "Name My Company"? When companies are saying they are searching for names, and you suggest your domains/ other people domains.

I wonder if they actually purchase one of the domains that's suggested

•••
@YairDD , I do not have stats on whether those specific names offered by sellers on NMC are selling or not, but when you are given a chance to offer your names to end users (NMC), you just need to go for it, do what you have to do & leave the rest to God, luck, Chance, whatever it is to you.

Thanks.

•••
It did work 100% but I do find some name already get registered as some time BB take more times to review.

•••
>> Does this actually work? I mean, do BrandBucket actually approve domains that weren't registered yet and if they approve it, don't they just register them themselves?

@YairDD -

I have submitted well over 500+ names and have had 150+ accepted in their "Growth Program".

To answer you question, the "Growth Program" process provided by BrandBucket is efficient and I only had (2) names that from the time the entries were submitted to the time the were approved were taken.

I immediately performed a Whois search on the domains and neither of the (2) Registrants were BB member related. It was coincidental and not BB staff related.

From my experience (and I've post-approval have registered & published lots of domains with the site) the process works well and there is no cherry picking by BB staff.

BB isn't perfect, but the pre-approved process they provide is solid.

cc: I copied in @Keith DeBoer because he is well versed on the BB system.

Last edited:
•••
Did you guys ever tried "Name My Company"? When companies are saying they are searching for names, and you suggest your domains/ other people domains.

I wonder if they actually purchase one of the domains that's suggested

Yes I did..! But "Name My Company" was in Beta project of BB. This is a good tool for kind of exposure, but we never know if a name is really selling through it. There was no stats around it because it was in beta. They are working on it and hopefully get a better version following the sellers/buyers behavior. What I know, is that NMC could be the beginning of a selling process. Buyers are curious to see what you got..! If a buyer is interested he will contact BB. This is a couple of weeks process.

Last edited:
•••
>> It did work 100% but I do find some name already get registered as some time BB take more times to review.

@Furquah's point is consistent with my experience.

With a wider review timeline poses more risk of a name being (ad-hoc) registered.

This is why we appreciate prompt reviews (typically within a 5 day period)

Last edited:
•••

I'm not suggesting anything nefarious on the part of BB...My point is simply this:

A domain name could be registered by a third party during BB's review process.

•••
I'm not suggesting anything nefarious on the part of BB...My point is simply this:

I misunderstood, my apologies.

•••

So what..! This is part of the game.

After over 1500 names submitted, it never happen to me.
Result -» Saved a bucket of $$$$.

Last edited:
•••
>> A domain name could be registered by a third party during BB's review process.

@richasis

I agree. That does happen... and more often if it's in a market in demand. It's not BB cherry picking, it's just market demand.

An example - 18 months ago I researched available 5L .com names and created a list of 2000+ domains to consider.

The 2000+ 5L domains (all .com) were available to hand reg at the time I created the list.

I never got around to submit them to BB.

6 months later - for kicks one day about 6 months later, I ran the entire 2000+ 5L .com's list through Dynadot bulk and found that ~360 (18%) had been registered during that 6 month period.

Basically - 3% of the domains were being gobbled up each month.

So to your point, I agree - short 5L - 8L .com's are being registered daily and the longer/wider the approval window, the more likely one of the domains might play Houdini on you and disappear..

Last edited:
•••
I misunderstood, my apologies.
No worries...I chimed-in only because I once was unable to register a name in my cart upon checkout.

Granted, it sat for a bit while I pondered the purchase but, ultimately, the decision was made for me. :xf.frown:

•••
So what..! This is part of the game.

After over 1500 names submitted, it never happen to me.
Result -» Saved a bucket of $$$$.

I am pleased by your good fortune. Much success.

•••
I am pleased by your good fortune. Much success.

Here, we're talking about "Investment" in domain names, and how to make money out of it..! Not how to loose it..! When we save money on one side, we can invest it the other side in order to make things happen. That's why BrandBucket named this strategy "Growth Plan".

To make things happen we need tools, a plan, a strategy, money and a crystal clear GOAL.

It ain't about fortune..!

•••
So are you guys still paying the 1 credit ($1) per name submitted?

•••

Yes we are..! And then $0 fee to publish.

Before this Growth Plan Strategy, we had first to register the name (let's say $9), then submit it for $1 and if accepted another $9 to publish the name.

Imagine this multiplied by hundreds of names. This is what I call «savings».

•••

I submitted five (aged) domains to BB for review just yesterday - yes, that was my experience.

I did the research (thanks, namepros) and I have every confidence in the brand and its people.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back