Dynadot

BrandBucket Seller Growth Program-Submit UnRegistered Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TadPole

Account Closed
Impact
I received the following email from BrandBucket.

"Introducing the BrandBucket Seller Growth Program
In our continuing efforts to improve seller experience, we are thrilled to announce the new BrandBucket Seller Growth Program. This opt-in program is aimed at reducing costs for sellers by eliminating the need to register domains prior to submitting them to our marketplace. As a seller, you can obtain an "appraisal" on submissions which will help you decide whether to purchase a domain. By not having to pay registration fees on names that are not accepted, your overall costs will decrease.

Here are the key features:

• Submit unregistered names. You register only the names that are accepted.
  • $1 appraisal fee per submitted domain.
  • $9 listing fee per accepted domains.
  • $50 in initial credits if you sign up by January 12th.
To see exactly how much the Growth Program can save you, check out this cost calculator that will show the cost savings based on your current investing strategy on BrandBucket."

Seems a good move. But the issue is their review speed. There is very high chance that someone may register domain while you submit and wait. Also the initial appraisal fee, although promotional $50 credit is there. What are your thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless you really know and trust that person, other than that trust your judgement. That is how i am. And most importantly, I don't register only if i really like it

Last edited:
•••
I think they need to give back to the old members. They want to reel more new members in to scam them into listing fees

•••
I have applied for this new scheme. Waiting for the $50 credit. Have to check whether it can be used for normal listing or only for $1 appraisal fee.

•••
This will just load more inventory, diluting sell thru rates overall for portfolios, lost in the shuffle

•••
Seriously with over 40.000 domains listed in their marketplace ( a big chunk of which owned by people someway involved with BB itself ) there is virtually no benefit in listing names with them.

When their inventory was smaller it made some sense but then the number of names increased and the quality got lower...one is better off having their own landing page.

The logos that you pay hundreds of $$$ at BB you can have for 5$ on Fiverr.

•••
•••
Got $50 free credits. Listed a previously accepted name using $9 from the credits

•••
Seriously with over 40.000 domains listed in their marketplace ( a big chunk of which owned by people someway involved with BB itself ) there is virtually no benefit in listing names with them.

When their inventory was smaller it made some sense but then the number of names increased and the quality got lower...one is better off having their own landing page.

The logos that you pay hundreds of $$$ at BB you can have for 5$ on Fiverr.

I received BB's Seller's Newsletter today and they mentioned "A whopping 59 sellers" received a "SOLD" email..." It's unclear if they sold more names than that of if they sold 59. Either way, it's a small, small % each month.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back