Dynadot

Brandbucket sold my domain - Won't tell me final sale price

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was just notified that brandbucket sold my domain name. They won't tell me how much it was sold for, they'd only tell me how much I'll get after the fees/comission. When I asked again how much it was sold for, they advised me it is against their policy and he can't tell me.

They sold MY domain, but won't tell ME how much it sold for?

The only reason I can think of this is because they negotiated a higher amount than the amount they're giving me.

How does this make any sense?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let me step in here with the truth.

We never said that it is "not our policy" to disclose the sale price. We have had 30 emails with you concerning this transaction -- some prior to buying where you told us that you wanted $2500 as your take home in the case we couldn't get the buyer to pay full price, and many after the fact where we discussed which payment option you would prefer. I have combed over EVERYTHING a second time, and nowhere did we ever tell you we couldn't tell you the sale price. At one point the escrow agent in charge of your order told you the WRONG price (full price before discount), which we corrected immediately and apologized for. We also gave you the breakdown of the fees.

I will share with you directly the charge from Stripe showing the full amount from the buyer.

Please do not spread misinformation. We have transacted thousands and thousands of domains, for hundreds and hundreds of sellers. We have nothing to hide about the way we do business.

•••
Let me step in here with the truth.

Please do not spread misinformation.

+1 for publicly stating your position.
-1 for the passive aggressive tone.

Let me step in here with "our side of the story".

"While we respect your right to share your opinion, we would hope you would thoroughly work towards a solution in private before sharing in a public forum"

See the difference in tone?

•••
+1 for publicly stating your position.
-1 for the passive aggressive tone.

Let me step in here with "our side of the story".

"While we respect your right to share your opinion, we would hope you would thoroughly work towards a solution in private before sharing in a public forum"

See the difference in tone?

Thanks @cosaseco. Noted for next time... :)

•••
I can't imagine a buyer coming along and offering a nice round number

"I'll give you $3,000 for that"

Then brandbucket comes back and says "Actually we need $3,715 for the domain"

Maybe it happened but it just sounds strange. Would be more professional to say $3,700 or $3,750 to the buyer and just eat the difference of a few bucks if it sold for $3,700 unless they are that stingy over fifteen bucks.
That's my red flag right there. Who negotiates a price for a single domain down to $3715.? Not saying it's impossible, but highly, highly improbable. And far too convenient to achieve the seller's stated threshold of $2500.

The matter of not disclosing the actual selling price to the SELLER is simply outrageous.

•••
That's my red flag right there. Who negotiates a price for a single domain down to $3715.? Not saying it's impossible, but highly, highly improbable. And far too convenient to achieve the seller's stated threshold of $2500.

The matter of not disclosing the actual selling price to the SELLER is simply outrageous.
I agree, it is OUTRAGEOUS they wouldn't disclose the selling price to the SELLER!

•••

If we offer a discount almost all of them are percentage base, so they will all end with a non-round figure.

In this particular case, the seller specifically mentioned what he wanted for a take-home which was and we were able to get the seller there. The discount % was in the single digits.

FYI - This topic was addressed in the main BB thread with the buyer as well.

Last edited:
•••
I agree, it is OUTRAGEOUS they wouldn't disclose the selling price to the SELLER!
Quite frankly I am GLAD you FEEL the same WAY!

(i mean really, who wouldn't?)

:xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back