Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

xtremex

Established Member
Impact
77
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members


Thanks :)
 
4
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hey @Embrand and @Andish!
I asked BB about this and it seems there have been some personal emergencies with two BB staff members who are integral to the publishing process. Hence the delay. Thanking you in advance for your patience till things get back on track :)

Thanks, Keith. Hope those two are okay 👌
 
3
•••
Thank you Keith, one of the names waiting since Feb 9th just got published, so the queue is moving again.
 
1
•••
I have had good luck with BB. I have 600 domains listed and have sold five so far. I would recommend using them to promote your domains.

The $10 one-time fee is acceptable, but the 30% commission is steep. I have learned over the years that providing domain buyers with a safe, simple and reputable marketplace is sometimes invaluable.

I don't have my high-value domains on BB since the commission is so high.

terravi.com $1,410
eviex.com - $1,295
nexem.com - $1,910
qivos.com - $2,585
qraph.com - $1,325
 
5
•••
Congratulations @BriteBrand on your sales. You have a very large portfolio.
I suggest you edit the sold names in your thread so they do not show in google search results. Like n/e/x/e/m . Buyers might get angry at revealing the purchase price.
 
2
•••
What was their response regarding this?
Here it is:
Thank you for your patience. We realized that showing a 404 for removed and sold names was not good web practice, as it was creating thousands of errors. Similar to how ecommerce sites such as eBay and Amazon don’t show a 404 page for a removed product, we have decided to keep a landing page for all removed names in order to avoid broken links, confused customers, and breaks in communication with our partner programs.

After discussing this with our team, we have changed how these pages display—there is no longer a reference to the name being for sale in the page title, description or content. The logo is removed, and so is the inquiry form and sales “footer” with contact information. The intent is to give any visitor (although there are not very many right now) a clear indication that we are no longer the authority for the name and cannot sell it to them.

Please understand that we are not linking to these pages from anywhere on our site, and purely exist in search engines’ indexes. The page will also has a noindex meta tag, so when the crawlers check on these old links (which can take up to 6 months) they will eventually fall off. Keep in mind that the only visitors would be ones who typed in the specific term to a search engine, and our link that now says nothing about the name being for sale will be side-by-side with other links that claim it is for sale. The natural choice for the user will be the other links, which means our link authority will decrease over time.

We do thank you for your feedback and should we decide to make any further changes, we will make sure to let you know.
Of course full of contradictory lies - thousands of errors but not linked internally.

I'm going to look into DCMA requests. If Google gets enough of these about their site I imagine it might start to affect their ranking.
 
1
•••
Brandbucket was FAST as compared to Brandpa when it came to approving my domains. Now lets see who lists the domain for sale first.
 
1
•••
Anyone seeing a decline is sales on bb in the past three/four months?
 
0
•••
I sold one at the end of last month, last sale was September '17. Dashboard says I am ranked 77% in sales compared to other BB sellers.
 
2
•••
Anyone seeing a decline is sales on bb in the past three/four months?

Can anyone give me the typical amount of time between escrow starting (doing the account change to BB's Godaddy account) and receiving payment?
 
1
•••
I've seen a decline in clicks. I judge by clicks. No sales just clicks. That's why I started smoking. :banghead:
 
4
•••
Can anyone give me the typical amount of time between escrow starting (doing the account change to BB's Godaddy account) and receiving payment?
The sellers FAQ says:
Please note for payments on sold names there is a minimum 5 day waiting period for the payment to become available after the name is sold.

The five day escrow period begins after the customer has paid and successfully taken possession of the domain. Usually transfers take 1-3 days but sometimes transfers to weird registrars (in some cases overseas) can take a week or more. But that is rare.

My best guess is you will be paid 5-10 days from the time you transferred the domain to BB's acct at GoDaddy.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
The sellers FAQ says:
Please note for payments on sold names there is a minimum 5 day waiting period for the payment to become available after the name is sold.

The five day escrow period begins after the customer has paid and successfully taken possession of the domain. Usually transfers take 1-3 days but sometimes transfers to weird registrars (in some cases overseas) can take a week or more. But that is rare.

My best guess is you will be paid 5-10 days from the time you transferred the domain to BB's acct at GoDaddy.

Thank you Keith! Is there a way to know if the customer has paid? In other words, if I was asked to push my domain to BB's GD account, can I be sure the customer has paid and money has been secured? First sale... :xf.confused:
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Thank you Keith! Is there a way to know if the customer has paid? In other words, if I was asked to push my domain to BB's GD account, can I be sure the customer has paid and money has been secured? First sale... :xf.confused:
You don't get a notification that the domain has sold until the customer has paid. The few days delay after that is to ensure funds clear and there are no problems with the transfer.
 
Last edited:
3
•••
You don't get a notification that the domain has sold until the customer has paid. The few days delay after that is to ensure funds clear and there are no problems with the transfer.

Thank you for that info :)
 
2
•••
That's correct, the seller is only notified after BB has been paid by the seller. Second step is the successful transfer of the domain to the seller. Then there is an up-to 5 day "escrow" period while BB waits for funds to be cleared through it's bank. Then payment is released to the BB seller.
 
1
•••
That's correct, the seller is only notified after BB has been paid by the seller. Second step is the successful transfer of the domain to the seller. Then there is an up-to 5 day "escrow" period while BB waits for funds to be cleared through it's bank. Then payment is released to the BB seller.

Very cool - my first sale. Trying to get my bearings. Looking forward to more sales!
 
3
•••
BB back up to a week for reviews. Maybe everyone went on vacation for Easter? I know I am!
Happy Easter Everyone!
 
2
•••
Any info on how to acquire credits? I don’t feel it’s justified to pay to submit your domains AND pay to list. Thanks
 
1
•••
Hi @Neal Grayson ,
Good question!
Several months ago BrandBucket put a moratorium on listing fees. So sellers only pay the $1 per domain review fee and nothing else. I hope that's helpful. Let me know if I can help you with anything more :)
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Thanks for the reply, but, in my opinion, that’s turning people away. It’s an annoyance and seems scammy when no other competitior charges an upfront fee to be considered. It’s like paying for a job interview.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back