Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Till now I have only one concern with BB.... Its Time factor (delayed review nearly 60+days)

:) Happy to see BB consider the request and fastening up review process.

Thanks to BB Team!

Last edited:
•••
All this downtalk on BB seems a bit silly to me. They're offering a ridiculous ROI for the average domainer with an eye for catchy names. I'm just grateful for the opportunity.

•••
Just got few of April 14 names reviewed, April 7 names are still pending.

•••
I would like to make a suggestion that any BB rep can feel free to comment on. I do understand the need not to disclose information that can potentially be incremental to the buyer.

At the same time the question about sales stats is quite legitimate coming from the sellers, and stats might lead to more focused submissions.

Could there be some middle ground here?

Niche stats? Nametype stats? Buyer location stats? NDA quarantine period? Anything?

I mean the big time sales are the ones that catch on in the media anyway, and those you are actively publishing (responsive.com).

Some nitty gritty of the smaller sales could be made available to active sellers IMO, without compromising buyers.

•••
I would like to make a suggestion that any BB rep can feel free to comment on. I do understand the need not to disclose information that can potentially be incremental to the buyer.

At the same time the question about sales stats is quite legitimate coming from the sellers, and stats might lead to more focused submissions.

Could there be some middle ground here?

Niche stats? Nametype stats? Buyer location stats? NDA quarantine period? Anything?

I mean the big time sales are the ones that catch on in the media anyway, and those you are actively publishing (responsive.com).

Some nitty gritty of the smaller sales could be made available to active sellers IMO, without compromising buyers.
FWIW I suggested something very much along those line to Margot. I think better engagement with sellers can only benefit all parties, leading to better names and more sales.

•••
How long does it typically take for a new BB'er to get his names reviewed?

•••
It was taking up to 6 weeks, but currently it looks like the queue has come down under 4 weeks for review. I suspect waiting times will reduce further as they add more resources to the review process.

•••

April 14 submission is being reviewed today, so you can count how much time it had taken.

•••
•••
•••
I'm sure they're busy and all, but how many people are actively and actually looking over these names?

•••
April 14 submission is being reviewed today, so you can count how much time it had taken.
I had an April 25 submission reviewed earlier. That said I have some prior submissions still pending.

I'm sure they're busy and all, but how many people are actively and actually looking over these names?
Margot told me via email that this function is expanding rapidly. She did give me numbers, but I don't think it's my place to disclose those. But certainly a very significant increase in resources for this process, and hopefully soon some other changes to further streamline the process (as alluded to by @michaeljkrell previously).

My take on it - the biggest pain point for sellers (esp. if you read through this thread) is hopefully going to be significantly improved very soon.

•••
I had an April 25 submission reviewed earlier. That said I have some prior submissions still pending.

Margot told me via email that this function is expanding rapidly. She did give me numbers, but I don't think it's my place to disclose those. But certainly a very significant increase in resources for this process, and hopefully soon some other changes to further streamline the process (as alluded to by @michaeljkrell previously).

My take on it - the biggest pain point for sellers (esp. if you read through this thread) is hopefully going to be significantly improved very soon.

Hopefully my April 7, 14, 25 submission will be reviewed in next 2,3 days.

•••
Had a domain approved today, submitted - 2015-04-15.

Do you have to accept their logo award, I already have a pretty neat logo I'd hoped to use. :(

Minor detail, glad it was accepted. 4 more pending review.

•••
Very interesting read, having spent the past 2 hours and only started on page 45!

Well update on my first BB domains submitted between 04/11/15 and 04/19/15:

Submitted: 35
Accepted: 8
Rejected: 11
Pending: 16

All from different dates during the week so appears to be totally random order, not that it matters.
(At least 10 I knew wouldn't get admitted but nothing to lose)

Interesting listening to the arguments/discussions related to Keyword vs "Madeup" domains.

I think traditionally keyword was always king, it was all about type in traffic but since Google's new optimization and SEO changes in general I think things are changing. Keyword domains limit a company to a particular area in most cases, it's ok calling your company BabySuitcases.com if that's all you sell but how about the scope for expansion at some point down the line? Also they're longer and less memorable.

Madeup or imagined brandables on the other hand are open to suggestion, they can invoke ideals, feelings and as long as those are not negative can be applied to a much larger and varied number of industries. Take for instance one that I've just had accepted; Viroti.com ...It sounds exotic, sexy but also sound authoritative in a way...could well suit Women's fashion range, luxury car manufacturer all the way to an international logistics firm. They're a lot easier to TM as well.

This post maybe in the wrong thread, so feel free to move if need be but I keep reading about so many people being disappointed by being rejected on 90+% of their names, "Madeup" brandables included...sometimes you have to remember that the target is the end-user...yes you might tick all of the boxes with respect to short, radio test, 2 syllables, pronounceable etc etc but sometimes helpful to take a step back and think "Would I really call my business that?"

@Calvenor Great names by the way in your previous post...looks like you "get" it...

•••
I wonder why my April 20th submission is reviewed and April 7th are still pending.

Also in BB in my "Domains" stats section, it shows "Submitted: 60" which is accurate, but it shows "Rejected: 0". I have many rejected, why is it not showing it? Anyone else have the same problem?

•••
Meanwhile as we wait for submissions, are we allowed to list the names at other marketplaces while we wait for a BB accept/reject? If so, at which point would you have to remove the domain name from the other marketplace(s) if its accepted at BB?

•••
@AGAME I believe the second you pay the list fee, validate the DNS and click submit then they have to be removed...I could me wrong though, you may have to remove all before you submit? hmm

Also with regards to the length of time it takes to review and accept submissions...it seems the real issue most people have/had is not the fact that it takes so long, its the not knowing if it's even close...surely a simple queue system within the main console would work?...Every time a domain is accepted and submitted by the owner then it automatically leaves the queue and every domain jumps a place...its hardly scientific but at least we'd know "roughly" how close they are?

•••
For those interested, my submissions of the 10th March were reviewed on the 5th May and went live on site today, 27th May. From start to finish was 11 weeks and 6 days.

My later submissions are being reviewed faster.

•••
If so, at which point would you have to remove the domain name from the other marketplace(s) if its accepted at BB?
You need to remove from other marketplaces once you commit to list, i.e. once you click the yellow SUBMIT button.

•••
You need to remove from other marketplaces once you commit to list, i.e. once you click the yellow SUBMIT button.

Thanks, one more question -- do you know if you're still waiting for a logo at that point or is that the point at which they're 100% ready to list the name on the BB site?

•••
do you know if you're still waiting for a logo at that point or is that the point at which they're 100% ready to list the name on the BB site?
Still pending description and logo at that stage, but the page will be live. My understanding is that that's the point where you enter into a contract with them. Prior to clicking the submit button (after description, payment, forwarding) don't think any contract has been struck. Don't quote me however - you need to verify this yourself with BB directly if you feel it's an issue.

•••
Still pending description and logo at that stage, but the page will be live. My understanding is that that's the point where you enter into a contract with them. Prior to clicking the submit button (after description, payment, forwarding) don't think any contract has been struck. Don't quote me however - you need to verify this yourself with BB directly if you feel it's an issue.

Thanks.... Its probably best that it comes from a verified BB member, instead of me asking, finding out, and then reposting. That would cut down on them receiving questions like this in the future. I dont see anything regarding this on their site unless I missed it.

Any BB members on Namepros care to clarify this? Are we restricted from selling our domain even privately while we're still waiting for a logo which I've read is upwards of 2 weeks (that was back in Feb). Has that wait time gone down at all? If its a day or two fine but 2 weeks of no exposure anywhere is lengthy.

•••
2 weeks of no exposure anywhere is lengthy.
If you're worried about 2 weeks then you might be in the wrong game tbh. Given that you'll be lucky to sell 5-6% of your names in a year via bb waiting 2 weeks for a logo is not going to make much difference.

Email bb directly with your question and I'm sure they'll answer. Info@

•••
Have you had the opportunity to ask Margot about this topic?

Sorry, I missed this. Yep, emails asking to reconsider will definitely be looked at and responded to.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back