NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just sold my first Domain at Brandbucket for 2500 USD.

Was quite surprised, because z/u/l/i/z(.)com is not one of my best names, but it seems that the guy from China liked it for his Company.

Last edited:
•••
Just sold my first Domain at Brandbucket for 2500 USD.

Was quite surprised, because z/u/l/i/z(.)com is not one of my best names, but it seems that the guy from China liked it for his Company.

That is great news!

•••
The 10% of the Profits were transfered to the guy I bought Domain from.

•••
Just noticed http://www.commercialy.com/ announced on Twitter. So we're now moving from the doubled-single-letter word to the singled-double-letter word.

Right spelling is commercially, with 2 Ls.

I might be wrong, but I cannot see this type of brand lasting long, but it might be a short-lived trend for a while.

•••
its not a new trend. I have thermaly .com listed for a while.

•••
its not a new trend. I have thermaly .com listed for a while.
I'll probably be wrong, but I reckon these are terrible names. The brain can pick up on added letters a lot easier than they can removed letters. That's because we're programmed not to read all letters but to identify patterns. It' much easier to see the typo on the word

Thermallyy

than

Thermaly.

These might well sell, but any business using them is likely looking at a rebrand in the future IMO.

•••
I'll probably be wrong, but I reckon these are terrible names. The brain can pick up on added letters a lot easier than they can removed letters. That's because we're programmed not to read all letters but to identify patterns. It' much easier to see the typo on the word

Thermallyy

than

Thermaly.

These might well sell, but any business using them is likely looking at a rebrand in the future IMO.
What you don't take in consideration is that the same word could be a dictionary word in other languages, like here: https://web.facebook.com/pages/Maďarsko-Thermaly/558590980835325?_rdc=1&_rdr
Even if english is selling better, that doesn't mean that it can't sell, it can be used very well for a 'spa' in a slavic speaking country

By the way, I was the former owner of thermaly, and I still own thermala

•••
What you don't take in consideration is that the same word could be a dictionary word in other languages, like here: https://web.facebook.com/pages/Maďarsko-Thermaly/558590980835325?_rdc=1&_rdr
Even if english is selling better, that doesn't mean that it can't sell, it can be used very well for a 'spa' in a slavic speaking country

By the way, I was the former owner of thermaly, and I still own thermala

If it sells you are the one entitled for 10% of the Profits.

•••
If it sells you are the one entitled for 10% of the Profits.
For sure it will sell. You could try contact some spa owners in czech republic and the other neighbours, I know that you should not be far away no?
By the way, you still have at me two domains, from 7-8 months ago...when you want to move them just let me know.

•••
Just noticed http://www.commercialy.com/ announced on Twitter. So we're now moving from the doubled-single-letter word to the singled-double-letter word.

Right spelling is commercially, with 2 Ls.

I might be wrong, but I cannot see this type of brand lasting long, but it might be a short-lived trend for a while.

I own this one. Had submitted this name first about 9 months before and it was rejected. Then recently when i noticed some similar names at BB getting published ( probably because of some trend) so i took the opportunity of resubmitting it which one gets after 9 months. and it was accepted. :xf.grin:

One other way of looking it is commercial with Y at the end.

•••
•••
•••
The idea is that I sold it to him...not just that I've owned it.

Did anyone sell it to you first ? :)
only kidding

•••
I assume these double-letter names must be selling since they are announcing them at a clip on Twitter, but I cant help but wonder on some of the latest ones:

Ruugby
Consultinng
Mortgagee

•••
I assume these double-letter names must be selling since they are announcing them at a clip on Twitter, but I cant help but wonder on some of the latest ones:

Ruugby
Consultinng
Mortgagee

Yeah, those are really questionable imo.
Rugby doesn't really seem like a suitable keyword to edit.
Consultinng.com - double 'u' or double 'g' would be the better options.
Mortgagee.com doesn't work as it changes the way you pronounce it

•••
Well technically "mortgagee" is a word and not a mis-spelling of mortgage. The mortgagee is on one side of the mortgage (usually a bank) and the mortgagor is on the other side, as the borrower.

•••
Well technically "mortgagee" is a word and not a mis-spelling of mortgage.
That's correct, but I don't think this was why it was accepted.

This double-letter stuff is certainly an interesting trend, but I seriously think it will be short-lived. That's not to say there wont be some good $s profited, but long-term I think it will be an aberration.

•••
This double-letter stuff is certainly an interesting trend, but I seriously think it will be short-lived. That's not to say there wont be some good $s profited, but long-term I think it will be an aberration.

I totally agree, and I think most of those names will look very dated, very soon.

•••
Might be of interest to sellers: Yatox/com listed for $880 USD.

Lower priced names are getting accepted now. Maybe the new market (forgotten name...) offering all names for $495 is having some impact?

•••
I removed all my names from BrandBucket as of 2 days ago. I had given my 30 day notice a little over a month ago. Sales had just become too slow for me.

In the end, I had a 1.9% sell-through rate over 2.5 years there, but more like a 0.9% or so rate over the past year.

•••
I removed all my names from BrandBucket as of 2 days ago. I had given my 30 day notice a little over a month ago. Sales had just become too slow for me.

In the end, I had a 1.9% sell-through rate over 2.5 years there, but more like a 0.9% or so rate over the past year.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if other BB sellers are leaving as well...

Will you be using Efty instead or something else if you don't mind me asking?

•••

Thanks for sharing!

My overall sell-through rate for a little over 2 years is currently 0.89%. Over 250 names listed.

•••
Will you be using Efty instead or something else if you don't mind me asking?

I'll be using Undeveloped landers as well as putting all the domains in Afternic. I'll also be (attempting to) sell off most of the ~800 names at Dropcatch.

My overall sell-through rate for a little over 2 years is currently 0.89%. Over 250 names listed.

With my names, which tended to have lower BB suggested prices, I figured I needed a 0.7% sell-through rate just to cover renewals, so I view any rate that's too near that number as problematic.

•••
With my names, which tended to have lower BB suggested prices, I figured I needed a 0.7% sell-through rate just to cover renewals, so I view any rate that's too near that number as problematic.

Yes, I'm not feeling excited about my rates either. I'm making my plans and considering different options. Will probably wait a bit longer to gather some additional data and then take the next steps.

It's so useful to have some other sellers' insights. Thanks for sharing.

•••

Shocking news to be honest. You are one of the last members I thought would leave BrandBucket. I have a feeling your negative experience will open the floodgates for BB members that have been sitting on the fence wondering what they should do.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back