Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just sent the Brandbucket the following email.

"
Hi Julia and Margot,

I see on forums and blogs that one person did a case study which proves you are pushing fwd. the domains from your own and BB ambassadors domains. Is it true that you own a large pile of your own names? Isnt that conflict of interest? Do you have any proof of internal independent revision of your business? If not, why not? Ive seen 10-15 people who own hundreds of domains are complaining that the sales rate is not near as 2%. Also my portfolio, true being thin has not seen any sales till now. If this will not change till the end of 2017 I plan to close my account, because the things are not very transparent at BB as I see it.

best regards,

Robert

I am really interested where they order a revision of their business if any. Its not much work though, but actually approx. 50 keywords should be searched and compared to the sample percentage. Than you have statistical result with 99.9 confidence interval. Every successful business does that especially when there are so many questions and doubts raised.

•••
This is interesting...

1. We list our domains there.. Giving exclusivity to BB to sell our names..
2. We don't get any sales for months and years because the owners and ambassadors are flooding their names to the front pages.
3. Now that we are not getting any sales we want them to remove our names and need to tell them 30 days before we can actually remove it.
4. Otherwise we need to pay 30% of BB listed price...

Cool strategy bruh...

•••
I'm in Los Angeles and despite my proximity to BB I have avoided BrandBucket all these years.
Why?

It just smells so bad to me at Brandbucket.
Smells like they take too much of your money on a greedy commission schedule.
Smells like they take too many of your marketing choices away via exclusivity.
Even smells like the principals might be fooling domain sellers by buying their names for $3k now...so they can resell them later to end users for ....$8k? $12k? More?

Good luck to all.

•••
do their ToS and User agreement say anything about fair, equal or random search results / category placement of members' domains?
if not, why would one expect them to provide all the above for free?

•••
I'm in Los Angeles and despite my proximity to BB I have avoided BrandBucket all these years.
Why?

It just smells so bad to me at Brandbucket.
Smells like they take too much of your money on a greedy commission schedule.
Smells like they take too many of your marketing choices away via exclusivity.
Even smells like the principals might be fooling domain sellers by buying their names for $3k now...so they can resell them later to end users for ....$8k? $12k? More?

I feel you, I was contacted by guy close to new would be startups. He told to me he even negotiates the price with BB buy the domain name for 2.000 - 3.000 USD and resell them later for 2-3 times higher prices. This was his advantage for being close to would be startups and their fundings. Ive heard people increased their sales with their own marketplace, I see this especially tempting for a guy with 900 published names who sold only 1 in 2 months time. But I have to admit I like their selection procedure, so even when I make my own marketplace when having 1000+ names, I would like that they are ok.

Good luck to all.

•••
This is interesting...

2. We don't get any sales for months and years because the owners and ambassadors are flooding their names to the front pages.
3. Now that we are not getting any sales we want them to remove our names and need to tell them 30 days before we can actually remove it.

Cool strategy bruh...
I highly doubt they would even try to get you to pay anything. I know a few sellers who just listed their BB names at other marketplaces without doing the 30 day notice without consequence. When they do finally realise your listing elsewhere they just remove the names from their inventory but if your planning on leaving anyway it's makes no odds really.

•••
Anyone else have this happen recently? I had a BB widget on a couple of sites and it showed my names for sale like it should. Then a random check revealed it now shows all of BB inventory and not mine. Nothing was changed in the code and my account is fine and in good standing.

•••
Anyone else have this happen recently? I had a BB widget on a couple of sites and it showed my names for sale like it should. Then a random check revealed it now shows all of BB inventory and not mine. Nothing was changed in the code and my account is fine and in good standing.

Ouch! I have the widget installed on a website and checked out once I've seen your post. It indeed shows other domains, not mine ... is this a new BB joke?

•••
Ouch! I have the widget installed on a website and checked out once I've seen your post. It indeed shows other domains, not mine ... is this a new BB joke?
I ended up removing it since it does not benefit me.

•••
I ended up removing it since it does not benefit me.

I will remove it too. Thanks for letting us know!

Btw... this is a screenshot of my widget ...

Attachments

• 0bbwidget.png
    0bbwidget.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 71
•••
@creataweb I don't like conspiracies but could you please let us know what names your widget show? I'm just curious to see who owns them :)

•••
@creataweb I don't like conspiracies but could you please let us know what names your widget show? I'm just curious to see who owns them :)

First 3 pages of listings:

bb2e.jpg
bb1e.jpg
bb3e.jpg

None are mine.

•••

damn, they are really smart with those widgets capable of showing anything they want and gathering your site stats... i'm impressed. ...and only $10 per domain.. well done, bb.

•••
The technical error which effected everyone's website (including my website and Michael Krell's) is still being looked into by BB. However, they've suggested this fix for the time being. (add the line of code underlined in red below - ownDomains: true,)
BB-widget.png

This BBE thread often gets a little bitter for my taste so I rarely check it.

However, I'm always available via direct message. I'll try to help any way I can. You can also send feedback or suggestions directly to BrandBucket: [email protected].

Like any successful company, BrandBucket is continually looking for ways to improve and constructive seller feedback is a valuable part of that process. Thanking you in advance.

May all your sales be to endusers!

Cheers!

Keith

•••
Simply collecting names and listing them on BB with no sales was not my choice... So, finally I have sent them a good bye email to close my account.

Wishing you all have sales soon.

•••
Last edited:
•••
This is interesting...

Cool strategy bruh...

And your the lucky one lol

I don't actually get to list my domains as they have rejected approx all 17 ish of the domains I have submitted to them

Which I don't mind because by having my names rejected by bb it means I don't have to skip through more hoops and agree to to endless ts and cs etc and I save their fees too lol

But if they are selling lots and lots of domain investors domains then people wouldn't mind so much about the restrictions etc

But when they are not selling the volume of names that perhaps they should then there should be a couple of clauses added

Eg if they don't sell the domain within 6 months the owner can remove their domain free of fees

And the domain owner should be entitled to compensation of say $100 for loss of $'s because they could probably have sold their domain if they were not restricted for that period

•••
I don't get the. ly or double letter etc

Doesn't do anything for me lol

You can still get a decent pronouncable 2 syllable brandable 5 letter. Com for $10

With no duplicated letters and a. Com

Cheap as chips

•••
reason maybe

that spending money to make BB rich
may taste a little bitter too

but glad to hear, you found a solution ;)

wissen-strauss-1-HA-Hamburg-.jpg

http://img.abendblatt.de/img/wissen...0-cv16_9-q85/wissen-strauss-1-HA-Hamburg-.jpg

Good point Frank, but it is expected that when someone doesnt like what you saying, in this case, an honest and relevant and true review, then it will be bitter but it is ok cause reviews are relevant and facts are used here. If you pay for something then you deserve equal treatment

•••
It could be solved quite easily by bb adding a bb logo by their own brands so that both those submitting brand names and potential buyers of brand names know which are bb brand names and which are domain investors brand names

•••
It could be solved quite easily by bb adding a bb logo by their own brands so that both those submitting brand names and potential buyers of brand names know which are bb brand names and which are domain investors brand names
That's a bad idea. If I was a potential buyer I would immediately eliminate all names that didn't have the BB seal. I would automatically assume that those chosen by the actual operators of the site should be far superior then any others since they are suppose to have the greatest understanding of the company naming process.

•••
That's a bad idea. If I was a potential buyer I would immediately eliminate all names that didn't have the BB seal. I would automatically assume that those chosen by the actual operators of the site should be far superior then any others since they are suppose to have the greatest understanding of the company naming process.

Allegedly

But as always the proof is in the eating

There are many domain investors that have been in the industry a decade or two and know just a little bit about brands

And then you have the potential buyers who will recognise a good brand name that fits their business perfectly irrespective of price and or who sourced the brand originally

•••
Allegedly

But as always the proof is in the eating

There are many domain investors that have been in the industry a decade or two and know just a little bit about brands

And then you have the potential buyers who will recognise a good brand name that fits their business perfectly irrespective of price and or who sourced the brand originally
You are absolutely right that there are many in the industry that know a bit about brands, but the problem is the buyer would not know one from the next since the only person to have the seal would be the owners of the company.

You are assuming that the buyer knows even a little about business naming since they are trying to name their company, but the majority do very little research on the process and ultimately could care less how they reach the conclusion as long as it's fast and painless. Choosing the "house" names because of a seal in my opinion would be fast and painless and that wouldn't be good for regular sellers. The goal for sellers with brandable marketplaces is to even the field and give less of an advantage to the house.

•••
looks like BB and me we are "best friends" by now:

---------------------------------

Hello Frank,

Your account is currently not in good standing, so transferring a domain to your account is not possible at the moment. If you, however, want to bring back the 105 domains you had removed from us, please let us know.
This will move your account to good standing again.

Best,

Julia
BrandBucket Support Team

On Tue, 21 Mar at 6:37 AM , Frank wrote:

I have bought a domain

LLLL.com

the seller can't push it into my account
Please help

•••
I have posted a few times in this thread as I've moved along my journey at BB. It has been a slow cautious journey, but BB has sold several domains for me recently since I built my profile on their marketplace up to a small but respectable size. My sale through rate is very respectable, so I have had a very positive experience thus far with them - but understand it does take an investment to get a return in this business. I have diversified with some reg fee names, some mid $xx domains, and some $xxx domains into my BB profile. Many times I try to think outside the box, which has lead to many rejections, but there are other venues for those.

I am going to continue to grow my BB portfolio and watch my sales rate and go from there. I will most probably post here as I continue refining my strategies and assessing the marketplace.

So seems some people are happy, some are unhappy, but in the end BB is working well for a good bit of people. Also, they provide great customer service - which no one has disputed.

Can the search algorithm be improved? Of course. Hopefully they continue to refine it to return more relevant results to buyers - which will make sellers happy as well.

I have never been a kool-aide drinker (in other words I'm typically skeptical), and those that have read my posts over time probably know that. I just want to share my experience so others can read. I think more people need to share their experience as it progresses as this will benefit the whole community.

This thread does not always need to pick apart BB - though I feel constructive critism is also nessecary.

Please note: my comments are not saying there is no merit or good reason to pursue whatever and all venues that benefit you and your business strategy. I know I do.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back