NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I understand sir, but I doubt Bill Gates bought his Windows 95 License legit. ;)

Like I said, staff and sellers selling together will always raise questions. From his interviews and from his replies on the slack channel and from other staff replies there, I get the impression that Michael and other BB staff aren't shady people. There are built in issues that I find problematic and some decisions I'm not a fan of, but I think accusation and speculation without proof don't lead to good places.

•••
Like I said, staff and sellers selling together will always raise questions. From his interviews and from his replies on the slack channel and from other staff replies there, I get the impression that Michael and other BB staff aren't shady people. There are built in issues that I find problematic and some decisions I'm not a fan of, but I think accusation and speculation without proof don't lead to good places.
I only said what I said. Let's not get hasty here sir.

•••
@creataweb I'm talking in general, not specifically about your post.

•••
•••
•••
I don't know what really happens behind the scenes, but I do think that an important part of the equation that needs to be mentioned is that Michael currently owns 6729 BB listed domains according to his profile page. Naturally he's gonna have way more domains in every possible search and he's probably focusing on certain keywords and 'up' is one of them.

Again... Not trying to defend BB or Michael and personally I'm not a big fan of the fact that regular sellers are "competing" against BB staff which will always raise integrity questions and conspiracy theories. But that's how BB works. I think ultimately it's each and every one's choice whether BB suits them or not and if it does- in what capacity. Some sellers are making a good/great return on their investment. Some less so. Some not at all. You can't please everybody all the time and not all names can sell. If BB doesn't work for you, there are always alternatives.

6700 out of 45000? Other sellers with 1,2,3 K domains are getting the same then in the search results ? Well this is becoming waste of time honestly. Cause simply it is not logic saying he has 6700 domains so he should dominate the search results. If that is logic, then 45000-6700 will be 38300 so the owners of those 38300 domains should dominate the results not him, cause he has JUST 6700 domains out of 45K . See ? Not working buddy. My research was for UP names only but this is not something that is happening in UP names only. Here, the search for keyword Security returned the following in first page ONLY.

1 Mine
3 Privacy
2 Ambassador
6 Margot

Krell
  1. SecurityTap
  2. GiantSecurity
  3. HelloSecurity
  4. SecurityValve
  5. SecurityRoot
  6. SecureBright
  7. SecurityFleet
  8. SecuritySide
  9. SecurityCrate
  10. SwipeSecurity
  11. CloudTower
  12. OKSite
  13. RemainCalm
Of 48 names in first page for the keyword security , Krell owns 13 , Margot 6, Ambassador 2, that is 21 from the house. 1 is mine and 3 are under privacy . So as you can see it is general thing not something happening with UP names only.

•••
People are finding it difficult to follow your argument because you are measuring against the wrong metric.

If there are 500 'up' names and Michael owns 200 of them (40%), then you would expect Michaels names to appear 40% of the time on each page (+/- a variance for quality). Michael clearly likes Up names because he has listed loads of them.

I don't think I appear at all for any Up names.... perhaps because I don't own any.

•••
People are finding it difficult to follow your argument because you are measuring against the wrong metric.

If there are 500 'up' names and Michael owns 200 of them (40%), then you would expect Michaels names to appear 40% of the time on each page (+/- a variance for quality). Michael clearly likes Up names because he has listed loads of them.

I don't think I appear at all for any Up names.... perhaps because I don't own any.
As far as I know it's mostly the same for every keyword...if you know some strong keywords that they are not in this situation please give an example. For each keyword 'Brandbucket family' owns around 15% of the names but they have roughly over 50% on the first page. Probably it's just a coincidence, no?

•••
I need a help. Recently I have received an email from BrandBucket to ask me to public my domain name : *OOI.com with selling price near $12,000. I don't move up because I haven't had any sale from BB.

Do you think BB usually have sales with high prices like this ($12,000)?

Thank you a lot.

•••
As far as I know it's mostly the same for every keyword...if you know some strong keywords that they are not in this situation please give an example. For each keyword 'Brandbucket family' owns around 15% of the names but they have roughly over 50% on the first page. Probably it's just a coincidence, no?
As far as you know? So you've never worked it out? Neither have I, nor do I care to because I think it's a moot point.

If we take the Up words as our example, if a purchaser really wants an UpDomain they will go through every UpDomain listed and choose the most apt/best priced domain for them. They will not take one on the front page without checking further.

•••
As far as you know? So you've never worked it out? Neither have I, nor do I care to because I think it's a moot point.

If we take the Up words as our example, if a purchaser really wants an UpDomain they will go through every UpDomain listed and choose the most apt/best priced domain for them. They will not take one on the front page without checking further.
As far as I know, because I have tested it to a few good keywords, and if it works for 10 main keywords 99% it will be the same for most keywords. Also, you don't think that it's that important, when all major marketplaces are charging to have name featured on first pages. And also, as far as I know you are part of the 'BB family', so it's normal that you will think that everything it's ok.

•••
I need a help. Recently I have received an email from BrandBucket to ask me to public my domain name : *OOI.com with selling price near $12,000. I don't move up because I haven't had any sale from BB.

Do you think BB usually have sales with high prices like this ($12,000)?

Thank you a lot.
Dont know about you but if that is 3L of OOI in .com extension , I wouldnt publish on BB as it can sell itself in any place with even higher price than that 12K with logo and 30% comm to be deducted.This week, XCI.com sold on DropCatch auction for over 21K. So you see and decide what is best for you. There is a reason they reached out to you :)

Last edited:
•••

People? Who are they ? For I am not here to convince BB supporters at all or anyone else cause We have public data and everyone is right to decide what is best for him or her , after all, everyone of us know our own interests :)

•••
It's utter nonsense when people say that seller has every right to move away from BB if it doesn't suit their needs. If you are running an ethical business and want to keep your loyal customer to yourself, you would never say this sentence to any of your customer.

Because you aren't running your business ethically, you are competing with yourself. Just remember how many brandable marketplaces were there one year ago and how many brandable marketplaces are running now.

•••
I recently sold upeva on BB. And guess what? Upeva was not showing in the first 5 pages - for keyword 'up'. So I agree. If someone is keen on a name they will search every available name.

•••
I recently sold upeva on BB. And guess what? Upeva was not showing in the first 5 pages - for keyword 'up'. So I agree. If someone is keen on a name they will search every available name.
We are talking about probability here. It's not impossible to sell a name which is not showing up in the first pages, but the chances are very slim. If you have 5 names showing on the first page and other 5 names with the same value on page 10, there are 4-5 times more chances to sell the names from the first pages faster than the names from the 10th page. And when you count that some keywords like 'tech', they have 5000 names at BB, think what chances to sell you have with 'techeva' showing up in the fist page and 'techeva' showing up on the 100th page.

Last edited:
•••
6700 out of 45000? Other sellers with 1,2,3 K domains are getting the same then in the search results ? Well this is becoming waste of time honestly. Cause simply it is not logic saying he has 6700 domains so he should dominate the search results. If that is logic, then 45000-6700 will be 38300 so the owners of those 38300 domains should dominate the results not him, cause he has JUST 6700 domains out of 45K .

I had 2 names that I believe make a strong point that search results are not so much skewed towards BB staff/ambassadors (small sample size but still I think it is nice to mention).

I had around 50 names on BB, so I was a really small seller.
  • I had Pro/foro, which was listed as the 1st search result for the search word "Professional"
  • I had Media/Grape which was listed as the 2nd search result for the search word "Media"
I believe these two search words are quite popular/important ones (could be wrong), so for a small seller to get those spots would at least prove that there is room to get in those spots with the right names. I think it has to do with the keywords and description they give your domains a lot now. So focus on those and ask for better ones if you think the writers did a "meh" job. I had a name with only 8 keywords, while a few obvious ones were missing. I mentioned it to Margot and she agreed and immediately added 9 keywords. That obviously worked well for my place in the search results.

I just stumbled onto this discussion so I am not sure if we are on the same page, but I thought it was worth the mention :)

I do have to say it is a bit random, as a lot of names overlap: for media/grape you can substitute "grape" with any fruit, color or something like wizard. Who can determine which name is best and should be on spot nr 1? I can probably think of enough names to fill up more than page 1, meaning similar names who might be just as strong will be on page 2. Personally I don't think they give staff special treatment in search results, so I would make sure your names have at least equally strong keywords and descriptions as similar BB published names.

•••
I had 2 names that I believe make a strong point that search results are not so much skewed towards BB staff/ambassadors (small sample size but still I think it is nice to mention).

• I had Pro/foro, which was listed as the 1st search result for the search word "Professional"
  • I had Media/Grape which was listed as the 2nd search result for the search word "Media"
I believe these two search words are quite popular/important ones (could be wrong), so for a small seller to get those spots would at least prove that there is room to get in those spots with the right names. I think it has to do with the keywords and description they give your domains a lot now. So focus on those and ask for better ones if you think the writers did a "meh" job. I had a name with only 8 keywords, while a few obvious ones were missing. I mentioned it to Margot and she agreed and immediately added 9 keywords. That obviously worked well for my place in the search results.

I just stumbled onto this discussion so I am not sure if we are on the same page, but I thought it was worth the mention :)

I do have to say it is a bit random, as a lot of names overlap: for media/grape you can substitute "grape" with any fruit, color or something like wizard. Who can determine which name is best and should be on spot nr 1? I can probably think of enough names to fill up more than page 1, meaning similar names who might be just as strong will be on page 2. Personally I don't think they give staff special treatment in search results, so I would make sure your names have at least equally strong keywords and descriptions as similar BB published names.
I have way less names then you listed and still for some keywords some names will be on the first page. But we are talking about a fact that everything should be random, so sometimes some keywords are on the first page, other times are others. The idea is that if Krell and family, they have in one search out of 100, 80% of the names on the first page, it's not a big deal, it could be random, but when you have more than 50% of the names on the first page in 99 out of 100 searches, then this is indisputable not a random search result. It's not even the biggest deal, it's just a fair prove that the system it's not genuine.

•••

You are right. We are not on the same page cause you didnt get the big picture this discussion is about. I for one didnt say you cant get on first page of any keyword at all...Hell I know someone who owns one Media name and it is on page one ...no, that is not the point of this discussion. The point is, when you make a search and 48 names are returned, then how many of those names are owned by the staff ? When I give you 30 names out of 48 names owned by the staff then you should understand the thing we are talking about. Here, for the word tech which @boker mentioned it has like 5000 names. First page results.

1 Margot
6 Privacy
1 Ambassador

Krell

1. TechProwl
  2. Xefio
  3. TechBark
  4. techglove
  5. techloving
  6. techcog
  7. techflame
  8. techyjobs
  9. techmoda
  10. techcovery
  11. techwich
  12. techfork
  13. techcrop
  14. techsculpt
  15. techias
  16. techbrush
  17. techpond
  18. techclip
  19. techpaw
  20. techfad
  21. techyguide
So Krell owns 21 , Margot 1 and Amb 1 , that is 24 out of the 48 displayed on first page ONLY that are owned by the staff. I hope you now see what we are talking about here .

Last edited:
•••
You are right but can you know if the person made a search and browsed 1625 UP names and then chose your name or if he visited the page and bought it through the landing/redirection pages? I guess no. None of us can know that right ? Yup :)

•••
You are right. We are not on the same page cause you didnt get the big picture this discussion is about. I for one didnt say you cant get on first page of any keyword at all...Hell I know someone who owns one Media name and it is on page one ...no, that is not the point of this discussion. The point is, when you make a search and 48 names are returned, then how many of those names are owned by the staff ? When I give you 30 names out of 48 names owned by the staff then you should understand the thing we are talking about. Here, for the word tech which @boker mentioned it has like 5000 names. First page results.

1 Margot
6 Privacy
1 Ambassador

Krell

1. TechProwl
  2. Xefio
  3. TechBark
  4. techglove
  5. techloving
  6. techcog
  7. techflame
  8. techyjobs
  9. techmoda
  10. techcovery
  11. techwich
  12. techfork
  13. techcrop
  14. techsculpt
  15. techias
  16. techbrush
  17. techpond
  18. techclip
  19. techpaw
  20. techfad
  21. techyguide
So Krell owns 21 , Margot 1 and Amb 1 , that is 24 out of the 48 displayed on first page ONLY that are owned by the staff. I hope you now see what we are talking about here .
Even more, it looks like for almost every search the result it's the same, around 40% for Krell and over 50% for Krell and family. Even with help, they could sort it out as in one search Krell could have 80% of the search in other search Krell could have 30%, but it's always the same, around 40% for Krell, so I'm suspecting that they were some sort of negotiations between Margot and Krell, so that he will have 40% of the search results. @Abdullah Abdullah, it seems that you have a faster way to check the search results, could you check please the search results for the 2nd and 3nd pages for 'tech'. I wonder if the results are roughly the same.

•••
You are right. We are not on the same page cause you didnt get the big picture this discussion is about. I for one didnt say you cant get on first page of any keyword at all...Hell I know someone who owns one Media name and it is on page one ...no, that is not the point of this discussion. The point is, when you make a search and 48 names are returned, then how many of those names are owned by the staff ? When I give you 30 names out of 48 names owned by the staff then you should understand the thing we are talking about.

Ok got it.

However, I do want to make one other point: a lot of BB sellers have a portfolio made up of recently regged names (me as well). If Krell has for instance 50% aftermarket names and I have 95% regged names, I could understand his portfolio contains names of higher quality (not necessarily, but it is not a weird thought). This is something some people overlook sometimes.

Other than that you have a fair point. I don't even think Techyjobs is a real brandable. It looks more like a descriptive 2 word domain.

•••
Even more, it looks like for almost every search the result it's the same, around 40% for Krell and over 50% for Krell and family. Even with help, they could sort it out as in one search Krell could have 80% of the search in other search Krell could have 30%, but it's always the same, around 40% for Krell, so I'm suspecting that they were some sort of negotiations between Margot and Krell, so that he will have 40% of the search results. @Abdullah Abdullah, it seems that you have a faster way to check the search results, could you check please the search results for the 2nd and 3nd pages for 'tech'. I wonder if the results are roughly the same.

2nd page for Tech

6 Ambassador
1 Privacy
2 Mine

Krell
  1. techprairie
  2. techmule
  3. techcoup
  4. techshoe
  5. techblender
  6. techtrumpet
  7. techluster
  8. techstable
  9. techsleeve
  10. techfang
  11. techfluential
  12. techflake
  13. techstrap
Second page off 48 names, Krell has 13 , Amb has 6 that is 19 from the house. I have 2 (for the first time I see this woooohooo ... got to celebrate lol ) . One is under privacy.

As for Third page ,

1 Amb
19 Privacy
9 Margot

Krell
  1. techpotion
  2. techcloak
First time Krell is beaten. Margot took charge of the third page. Do you want to know something about the Privacy names? They are all at NameSilo, updated on 17 , 20, 21 , . Margot on Slack said she uses NameSilo and these days puts most of her domains under privacy so based on the date the domains where updated and where they are registered, then I can assume they are hers. So 19+9+1+2 = 31 of the 48 names are owned by the house.

Last edited:
•••
Ok got it.

However, I do want to make one other point: a lot of BB sellers have a portfolio made up of recently regged names (me as well). If Krell has for instance 50% aftermarket names and I have 95% regged names, I could understand his portfolio contains names of higher quality (not necessarily, but it is not a weird thought). This is something some people overlook sometimes.

Other than that you have a fair point. I don't even think Techyjobs is a real brandable. It looks more like a descriptive 2 word domain.
Higher quality because of age ? Nope that wont work. I can make visit GD auctions and get horrible names that are 13 or more years old. I was surprised with techyjobs too... then again I am surprised with my own techyhome too :p which is in no where to be seen.

•••
@Abdullah Abdullah I think Michael focuses on the best keywords and according to his interviews buys a lot of them in the aftermarket. Since he has a bigger budget due to his sales, he can afford buying better names than average and more of those. If you would say that BB staff has a better understanding of what sells because they have access to information other sellers don't have so that makes an unfair competition, then to that I would agree even though DNBolt makes the sales public (at least most of them).

But think about this- Michael hardly has any totally made up words in his portfolio (ones without any keyword). There are a lot of those at BB and a search for 'up' or for 'tech', naturally won't bring up most of them. So the percentage of domains Michael will show up in search results for popular keywords, would naturally be high because his whole portfolio is geared up toward being found when keywords are being searched for. I think most of the sellers at BB mostly have hand regged names and quite a lot of totally made up names without a keyword. So of the total percentage of names that include a word at BB, Michael owns a very big chunk. His 6729 domains might be around 1/3 or 1/4 of those. So I think that can perhaps explain the results you're showing.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back