Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't have any sales last month. So probably for people whose domains got sold n ofcourse for BB too.

•••
But I agree sales need to get increased...BB should work out a way to do that.

•••
Pretty much. I could be nieve but those numbers dont seem that great to me. The more names they sell the more "WE" feel like it will be our names. There is 27K names on there. so pretty much in a year they will sell 1200 names? What about the other 25,800 names?

•••
Pretty much. I could be nieve but those numbers dont seem that great to me. The more names they sell the more "WE" feel like it will be our names. There is 27K names on there. so pretty much in a year they will sell 1200 names? What about the other 25,800 names?

I agree sales should be more.

•••
I agree sales should be more.
I do too. They are making money hand over fist. We submit all our names to their platform, let them tell us the price and we sit back with restrictions. :(

•••
I only sold it for $500.

BrandBucket has never sold a domain this low before.

This is why sellers like BrandBucket. You can still sell your BrandBucket rejects to endusers and vice versa your BrandBucket domains to the enduser who contacted you about your BrandBucket reject. Since you're not allowed to sell the domain for less than BrandBucket will allow you, you're bound to their prices.

I suggest my BrandBucket domains to the endusers who contact me via my BrandBucket rejects to show them the price range of brandables. Thus, if they want a cheap brandable, I offer them a reject at a fraction of my BrandBucket prices. I offer to lower my BrandBucket domains 20% for a quick sale so they buyer still thinks they'll get the best deal if they go through me instead of choosing another brandbucket domain.

•••
Unde
BrandBucket has never sold a domain this low before.

This is why sellers like BrandBucket. You can still sell your BrandBucket rejects to endusers and vice versa your BrandBucket domains to the enduser who contacted you about your BrandBucket reject. Since you're not allowed to sell the domain for less than BrandBucket will allow you, you're bound to their prices.

I suggest my BrandBucket domains to the endusers who contact me via my BrandBucket rejects to show them the price range of brandables. Thus, if they want a cheap brandable, I offer them a reject at a fraction of my BrandBucket prices. I offer to lower my BrandBucket domains 20% for a quick sale so they buyer still thinks they'll get the best deal if they go through me instead of choosing another brandbucket domain.
Understandable. But it sounds like your using brandbucket to pretty much "get a price value" of your domains. But your flipping the rejects. Im not sure about your numbers on there but if your not in the estimated 1000-1200 names they sell a year, techincally anything is better than nothing!

•••
Understandable. But it sounds like your using brandbucket to pretty much "get a price value" of your domains.

It's more like I use BrandBucket to show customers what the going rate for a Brandable domain is on the largest brandable marketplace. I've sold 3 domains on BrandBucket since December.

What I sell my rejects for is usually dependent on the quality of the domain. I have some BrandBucket domains that I would sell for less than $100 if it was a BrandBucket reject and some brandbucket rejected domains that I wouldn't sell for less than $3,000.

•••
Cool. 3 sales since December your doing good then. Congrats. I havent made any sales on their platform. But then again I only had 4 names on there. I submitted close to 20.

I took my names off of their site and im almost done with my own website. Im going to put the same names including rejects on my site. Make my prices competitive to theirs and take it from there. I can still refer customers to their site and others if customers feel my prices are too high. One thing I learned in business classes and past jobs was everything is about "presentation". Brandbucket have a nice looking website filled with domains. Psycologically visitors will think..... these prices must be accurate.

In my opinion..... if you, others or I were to make a nice looking website, we can sell our domains for competivitve prices just like them.

Last edited:
•••
I know my $500 domain sale was low. It had a estibot value of $4K. But the person I sold it too was probably the only person in the world who would have wanted it. I think my only choices were to hold it until he met my price. Or keep paying the reg fee for an unused domain.

** I was anxious and so eager to see what it felt like to sell a domain from start to finish. Now that I got that out of the way I need about 2 more like that then it's on! **

•••
this might be the wrong secction to talk about namerific but I had "ONE" name on there and they messaged me the other day sayig that I got an offer for my name. Great! But the price was $1000 lower than the sale price. Like a hooker I said I will take it hoping they was going to close that sale. I have not heard back from them and the name is still up there. That was 2 weeks ago.

If they only passed along that lead.... :guilty: (that's that s*hit I dont like)

•••
I got excited about namerific because I got some action. I submitted my names to them and they liked one of them but told me if i pay $8 to cover the logo cost they will put up the other 7 because they "normally" wouldnt except the name.

Im good. i will save my cash and make my own site. I still like them though for some reason.

P.s..... sorry for rambling on and on like this but I dont hae anyone around me who is into this type of stuff. My son is too young to know whats going on and my wife is just going with the flow. lol

•••
this might be the wrong secction to talk about namerific but I had "ONE" name on there and they messaged me the other day sayig that I got an offer for my name. Great! But the price was $1000 lower than the sale price. Like a hooker I said I will take it hoping they was going to close that sale. I have not heard back from them and the name is still up there. That was 2 weeks ago.

If they only passed along that lead.... :guilty: (that's that s*hit I dont like)

I think you're looking for this thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/namerific-experience.794338/page-32#post-5382333

•••
Another sale this week have now sold 6 domains from a total of 14 listed

•••
•••
•••
I submitted 75 names to BB and finally after waiting over two weeks (not sure what the average wait time is) about 20 of them were approved. I'm excited to see how this turns out. I know its a waiting game but still excited!

•••
•••
@ Keith DeBoer

You have good size BB portfolio. How have you been doing? I just started with them so trying to get some info.

•••
Keith you have a nice BB portfolio. Are you happy with the service?

- sorry didn't realize my first message got posted.

•••
@ Keith DeBoer

You have good size BB portfolio. How have you been doing? I just started with them so trying to get some info.

I'm happy with BB. I have regular sales but not as good as Sound's 6 out of 14 percentage! :)

If you are starting out my advice is:
  1. Network privately with experienced, successful BB sellers.
  2. Find someone to mentor you. Not me, as I already have several 'students'
  3. Make a business plan in writing. I can't over emphasize this point. What is the cost of regging 100 names and getting 20 accepted by BB? How many will sell in a year? What will be the profit the first year? The second year? What is the liquid value of your BB portfolio? etc. Then follow your plan, adjust as needed. Money management is key in making the BB platform work.
  4. Keep accurate records of costs and income. Make your business decisions based on data, not on the claims or opinions of anonymous strangers in forums.
  5. Don't read this thread (I'm serious) It will create doubt and confusion in your mind. Follow your own progress, not that of others.
  6. Learn and improve everyday.
  7. Have fun! If you don't love domaining you're in the wrong business

•••

@ctmixing. I think all of your points go back to some of the same points I've been making. I really think BrandBucket should re-consider the exclusivity as their own marketplace gets larger. Many people who've had great success with BrandBucket either
1. Had their names published when BrandBucket only had 5000-9000 names published. They are now up to 27K.
2. Have hundreds/thousands of names listed. It seems like @sound may be the exception to this.

However, if you have a smaller portfolio or even a medium one:
1. You can list on Brandbucket initially for x number of months, then remove and market the name yourself or

2. I did notice that they seem to allow people to list the BrandBucket domains on their personal websites if you direct the sale to them. I noticed this on Michael Krell's website. This would be one way to promote your BrandBucket name.
But then that begs the question of why bother to list with them when you could have gotten the sale for yourself

Last edited:
•••
To actually agree with Keith, I think everyone has to follow their own progress and figure out what's best for them. What works for one person may not work for another and vice versa; what does not work for one person may actually work for another..

•••
@ctmixing.

2. I did notice that they seem to allow people to list the BrandBucket domains on their personal websites if you direct the sale to them. I noticed this on Michael Krell's website. This would be one way to promote your BrandBucket name.
But then that begs the question of why bother to list with them when you could have gotten the sale for yourself

BB allows sellers to promote their BB portfolio on the website by using a personalized widget which can be found in your BB seller's acct. Log in, click the ACCOUNT button in the upper right corner and you'll see the widget.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back