IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is anyone else having problems getting domains transferred? I have done this many times and Julia typically has them done in a day. But now I have seven pending transfers, some of which go back to around the 24th of August, and in some cases I have sent up to SEVEN emails, all with no success. I did get one response during this period, but there was confusion about which names were transferred. I cleared that up and now back to silence. This could be a developing problem in the secondary market so beware. Not sure what else to even do at this point?

•••
Interesting that "BB approved" auctions are not bringing as many bids as just a few weeks ago.

•••
•••
The love affair is dying.
I think people are starting to understand what happens when you have 20,000 names for sale.

•••
Let's not forget the fundamentals, there will always be interest for a good brandable, with 20k names, maintaining quality is a huge challenge.There are a lot of very " average " names on BB. Just because it has been accepted by BB doesn't mean it is a winner and will sell....

•••
BB introduced new option.

You can move/push your domains to another BB user's account without mailing BB support.

You can see this option in "Edit Description" page.

Just noticed this change in my dashboard.

BB_Move domain_Feature.JPG

This option will be visible once you update domain description or after listing fee payment.

Thanks to BB and @michaeljkrell

Last edited:
•••
Simple and fast. I guess they were observing a fast growing trend in domain transfer and it was becoming too much manual work for them. Excellent new feature.

•••
Simple and fast. I guess they were observing a fast growing trend in domain transfer and it was becoming too much manual work for them. Excellent new feature.

I imagine if they charged a $1 fee for this feature they might increase their revenue stream by a large percentage... or maybe I should stop the sarcasm and giving them ideas to charge us more. :)

•••
I imagine if they charged a $1 fee for this feature they might increase their revenue stream by a large percentage... or maybe I should stop the sarcasm and giving them ideas to charge us more. :)
A lot of people think they're doing a favor for sellers to allow this feature. But actually, they are earning as much as sellers do. Why would someone transfer his domain to someone else's account? Because he has no intentions to pay the listing fees, so he sold the domain to someone which most likely is interested in selling it there. They just win more listing fees paid from this and more potential sales. So, I don't think they have a reason to charge additional fees for this, even tho I know you were not serious ;)

•••
A lot of people think they're doing a favor for sellers to allow this feature. But actually, they are earning as much as sellers do. Why would someone transfer his domain to someone else's account? Because he has no intentions to pay the listing fees, so he sold the domain to someone which most likely is interested in selling it there. They just win more listing fees paid from this and more potential sales. So, I don't think they have a reason to charge additional fees for this, even tho I know you were not serious ;)

I completely agree and yes I wasn't serious. :)

•••

These are not for accepted, these are for published, the person pushing already paid the $10. It is a one time fee.

•••
These are not for accepted, these are for published, the person pushing already paid the $10. It is a one time fee.

The transfer feature is also available for accepted only domains.

•••
It's been a while since you posted any sales.

Will be back to a normal work week on Monday, and will be happy to post my August sales early next week.

•••
I completely agree and yes I wasn't serious. :)
You should be. I predicted a charge for transfers about a month ago, but I guessed $10. That's what I would do if I was in their position. This is a great addition though, even at a small cost.

•••
Has anyone successfully used the new transfer feature? I have tried it but had no luck. Still sitting on 7 +/- transfers. One thing BB may want to add to the new feature is some indicator if it has been successfully requested or a tab for those domains in process of transferring. Otherwise, as in my case, I couldn't tell if maybe something went wrong so I did them all again. Sure would like to hear something back from customer service.

•••
BB has a major interest in keeping names from leaving the site, so my guess is that they will not institute a charge to transfer.

•••
I thought the new transfer feature was instant.
With cocaseco comment, I guess they are still manually processing them, they just implemented a form to receive the resquests in a standardized format.

•••
You should be. I predicted a charge for transfers about a month ago, but I guessed $10. That's what I would do if I was in their position. This is a great addition though, even at a small cost.
I hope they don't but if they do start charging for transfers,it would tip the scales in the unfair direction.
Transfers actually instill an extra level of confidence in sellers,that would facilitate an increase in domain listing,despite the 20000+ exhibit,as the sellers can be sure that even if their name doesn't sell within a tolerable period, they can at least sell and transfer the name to another user for a slight profit margin.I guess the average reseller value is around 50-70$ and any commission(even 10$),wouldn't make sense.
This effective functioning of this feature would benefit,both BB and the sellers,and effectively strengthen the bond,clearing any supposed cloud of uncertainty that might loom over this partnership..!!!

Last edited:
•••
I hope they don't but if they do start charging for transfers,it would tip the scales in the unfair direction.
Transfers actually instill an extra level of confidence in sellers,that would facilitate an increase in domain listing,despite the 20000+ exhibit,as the sellers can be sure that even if their name doesn't sell within a tolerable period, they can at least sell and transfer the name to another user for a slight profit margin.I guess the average reseller value is around 50-70$ and any commission(even 10$),wouldn't make sense.
This effective functioning of this feature would benefit,both BB and the sellers,and effectively strengthen the bond,clearing any supposed cloud of uncertainty that might loom over this partnership..!!!
The average "reseller" value isn't even $50-$70 now with 20,000 names. I'd say it's closer to $30ish but I agree with your post.

•••
As far as ''resell'' value goes I don't think all domains are the same.. For example some domains valued, or already published at BrandBucket in region between $2k - $3 will only sell here at NP for $15 - $30 as, they just don't make as much sense to gamble with bigger investment. Yet other very nice sounding domains ,even when achieving same valuation, price tag, will achieve, $50 - $70 here.

IMO just as it goes with getting names accepted at first.. In most cases only within time people learn to determine which names are more likely to get accepted (therefore pushing acceptance % up) I think more or less same happens with active sellers, more names you sell, somewhat you get the better feel what's more likely to sell in future!

It's more about quality and potential of the name, than just a 'tag' BB accepted/published, I believe..

Last edited:
•••
As far as ''resell'' value goes I don't think all domains are the same.. For example some domains valued, or already published at BrandBucket in region between $2k - $3 will only sell here at NP for $15 - $30 as, they just don't make as much sense to gamble with bigger investment. Yet other very nice sounding domains ,even when achieving same valuation, price tag, will achieve, $50 - $70 here.

IMO just as it goes with getting names accepted at first.. In most cases only within time people learn to determine which names are more likely to get accepted (therefore pushing acceptance % goes up) I think more or less same happens with active sellers, more names you sell, somewhat you get the better feel what's more likely to sell in future!

It's more about quality and potential of the name, than just a 'tag' BB accepted/published, I believe..
I think you're correct but why bother to even "guess" what BB might accept when you can buy a pre approved or even published name for a little bit more and then you have a 100% acceptance rate.

•••
There are still a few bugs that are being worked out with the transfer, and hopefully they will get resolved in the next day or two.

•••
Here are my sales from August.

F I T H I T
C O B A S I C
F U N D I N G G R I D
P I M L Y
G I V E C L O U D
B O L D S I G N A L
R E A D Y T O P A Y
P I V O T F L O W
A M P S Y
B U I L D E R L Y
T Y P E S Y
T H I N C O D E
V O T E S Y
P E R F O R M L Y
S A F E R P A T H
P R O D U C T S T A C K

•••
There are still a few bugs that are being worked out with the transfer, and hopefully they will get resolved in the next day or two.
Thank you for the update. I am on roughly 21 days of waiting for some of the transfers.

•••
Has anyone sold any names via BrandBuket? I mean real domainers..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back