IT.COM

BrandBucket era is over

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Isac

Top Member
Impact
Brandbucket already have more than 48000 domain, now which means if you will try to sell domain through them . You don't stand any chance even if you have hundreds of domains. For each domain you need to pay $ 10, which means you end of paying $ 100 for only 10 domains which will probably will never be sold and you have to put their nameservers. which means all traffic will go towards them.

Trust me guys BB era is over and it's all about Namepros now.

You don't need to buy domain which are BB accepeted or rejected. Use your mind and buy brandable domains which you think are good.

It's only my opinion. You can share yours.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Sometimes i become surprised , how some bad domains are sold in BB
Agreed. But this is actually pretty standard across the industry. I am amazed daily by many domains that sell.

•••
Agreed. But this is actually pretty standard across the industry. I am amazed daily by many domains that sell.

But BB is taking much more. Many people here are spending so much on BB. Let's do an honest calculation. In reality nobody is getting profit except few lucky ones and BB is taking profit from everywhere from $ 10 fee , traffic and if domain sells, then big chunk of profit from sellers domain

•••

But BB is taking much more. Many people here are spending so much on BB. Let's do an honest calculation. In reality nobody is getting profit except few lucky ones and BB is taking profit from everywhere from $ 10 fee , traffic and if domain sells, then big chunk of profit from sellers domain
I am not arguing that there is not a cost to do business with BB.

I just think it is up to everyone to do their own math, and make their own decisions. I am not trying to sway anyone in either direction... Mainly I just wanted to tune in when Krell's name and conspiracy theories were mentioned. As I said I have always found the staff, including Michael, to be professional and straight forward.

•••

Don't trust me. Just waste your money, traffic and at the end of the day if u became lucky out of thousands then give them their 30 % or whatever share it is for selling domain
I will "waste my time & money there" if I wish, but don't you think we domainer believe in "Luck".

•••
BrandRoot says that 2017 was the best year so far, in terms of sales and revenue (for them)...

•••
When you sell in BB the only BB is the winner.

I have a brandable domain, so if I want to sell, I place the domain in a market with thousands of other brandables domains, this mental process is not clear to me.

your domain brings the traffic, you do not take the sale, but you pay the same, crazy!!

Last edited:
•••
I'm sure I've said this before on another thread about BB but...

I think there's an optimum time to use a marketplace when it's portfolio to buyer ratio is in the sellers favour. For BB it was when they had 10-15K names and the whole brandables thing was gaining momentum. That time is now long gone with an oversaturation of stock and without the niche market domination they once enjoyed. You see it everywhere though not just at BB. Flippa is a shadow of its former self and with all the shill speculation about NJ they are probably past their prime too. I think the future is selling on your own site. Some people will always be profitable on the different marketplaces but it's a lot lot harder than it was even 2 years ago.

•••
Trust me guys BB era is over
This is my account balance for last year (and that's less the commission and logo fees). Enough said!
BBAcc.jpg

•••
This is my account balance for last year (and that's less the commission and logo fees). Enough said!
BBAcc.jpg
impressive! who are you? :)

•••
impressive! who are you? :)
Thanks. Just a domain investor like you. I got into BB later than most but already had several years experience and already owned hundreds of domain names when I joined. I didn't join BB to make it my domaining career, I joined BB to add another branch to my day-to-day domaining. I wasn't really into brandable domains before I found BB. Less than half of the domains I own are brandable domains.

Last edited:
•••
Brandbucket already have more than 48000 domain, now which means if you will try to sell domain through them . You don't stand any chance even if you have hundreds of domains. For each domain you need to pay $ 10, which means you end of paying $ 100 for only 10 domains which will probably will never be sold and you have to put their nameservers. which means all traffic will go towards them.

Trust me guys BB era is over and it's all about Namepros now.

You don't need to buy domain which are BB accepted or rejected. Use your mind and buy brandable domains which you think are good.

It's only my opinion. You can share yours.

You do not know the "kick" or intoxication one gets if his/her domain name is sold in Brandbucket. One has to experience it otherwise you will call it sour grape only. Remember if you throw peanuts, only monkeys will come to you. Quality names sells quickly and you get the TRUE VALUE to your exertion in selecting the right brandable domain name.

•••
I agree with what @UniflexDomains said above. I still think there's value in listing at BrandBucket, but that value has certainly been diluted in the last couple years due to the abundance of names.

I had about 30 names listed on BB for a little over a year, but took them down a few months ago in favour of listing at the other aftermarket sites. The names probably won't get as much traffic, nor will they get as many end user eyes on them, but I think saving the 30% commission will make it worthwhile in the long run.

Still think BB is a great platform, and I know several members here on NP who do very well listing with them.

•••
There are pros and cons to working with BB, both of which I think are valid to express....

But, IMO - BB staff has always been courteous and respectful. Most conspiracy theories against them don't stand up. And, your expired names will generally be registered by another Domainer if it is any good. There are plenty of people that have built up databases of domains listed at marketplaces and watch for them to drop.

Rather or not BB is for someone, I think, is a personal/business decision that they need to make on their own.
Then perhaps Mr Krell wouldn't mind coming on here and telling us how many expired names he or insiders have reg'd that were originally placed on BB AND paid for by domainers - as i said they're full of shit.

•••
You do not know the "kick" or intoxication one gets if his/her domain name is sold in Brandbucket. One has to experience it otherwise you will call it sour grape only. Remember if you throw peanuts, only monkeys will come to you. Quality names sells quickly and you get the TRUE VALUE to your exertion in selecting the right brandable domain name.

I don’t think anything is as intoxicating as profiting close to 4K in one sale and get the full amount- no commission to anybody.

Thank you B.B. a million times over for rejecting my name that sold two weeks later via landing page.

•••
We constantly hear that good names sell themselves. Considering that fact, I've come to the conclusion that the best option is to build your own market sites. That way you get to keep the traffic and the ad revenue, and you build a businessfor yourself, and not somebody else.

•••
Most conspiracy theories against them don't stand up.

What conspiracies are you referring to? Perhaps the community could "snopes" it.

But, IMO - BB staff has always been courteous and respectful.

Agreed. When staff was active on NP, no matter what type of criticism was thrown their way, they always remained courteous, and respectful.

Last edited:
•••
I will "waste my time & money there" if I wish, but don't you think we domainer believe in "Luck".

But with Luck, we need a good calculation. Best of luck

•••
BrandRoot says that 2017 was the best year so far, in terms of sales and revenue (for them)...

In terms of gross sales I'm sure the same also applies to BrandBucket.

But for somebody submitting domains the relevant metric is revenue per domain or profit per domain.

Revenue divided by number of domains on the site.

Brandable marketplaces may prefer to make $5 million from 50,000 than $2.5 million from 20,000 domains... but the latter may be better for those who own the domains because the $ per domain is greater.

•••
Then perhaps Mr Krell wouldn't mind coming on here and telling us how many expired names he or insiders have reg'd that were originally placed on BB AND paid for by domainers - as i said they're full of sh*t.

Or how many strong brandables they have rejected because they personally own one or two very similar but slightly inferior. I've got a great example of this happening.

•••
Or how many strong brandables they have rejected because they personally own one or two very similar but slightly inferior. I've got a great example of this happening.
same here

•••
BB has ALWAYS been a waste of time unless you're an insider re @michaelkrell etc
This comment is dead on the money, the insiders use your traffic to sell their own domains, we have seen cases where one was rejected, then accepted by insider application. $10 application fee, last I heard 30% commission, never used it, only signed up to domain that was BB accepted, and seller wanted to adhere to their communist instructions.

As they add more inventory more likely other inventory gets blended in, adding a 30% commission, you have to actively buy in the 5 figure range to keep replacing that sold inventory, while carrying dead inventory, you will burn out after a few years, based on higher commission, and the current cost of acquiring decent brandables, as you are competing directly with the insiders that get priority.

Only person that wins is the Brandbucket organization, and their ambassadors who are somehow their top sellers.

Everyone, and their dog has their own brandable domain site anymore, a girl named brandsly used to be on here quite a bit before, she had a nice site, haven't seen her around much lately. She was paying a mint for domains in auctions though, really pushed prices very high.

Last edited:
•••
I also think that a logo can often HINDER a sale.

Because you then have to impress the buyer with:

1). The name
2). The logo

The latter, if poor quality, can really affect the perception of the former.

Last edited:
•••
That math should also be calculated as,

Domain published : $ 10
Traffic ( Lets say ) : $ 5 / per year
Submitted : 100 domains
Sold:- 3

Total Investment:- $1000
Total Return:- $3000
Profit :- $2000

& I am done Here!

Actually, you forgot to include initial domain investment, ie reg fee or more. Say you want to disregard purchase price, you still need to consider the one year registration price for year one.

Year 1
Domain published : $10
Traffic ( Lets say ) : $ 5 / per year speculative
Submitted : 100 domains
Sold: 3
Total Investment: $1,000 listing fee's [unless you're in the growth program, and/or are utilizing their free listing fee promo]
Domain Purchase Price: est. $1,000 @ $10 per domain reg fee. [for hand regs]
Total Return: $3,000
Profit : $1,000

Year 2
If you just maintain, you will not have to pay for new inventory, or listing fee's.
97 domains
est $1,000 in renewals
2 sold [call it a rough year, thus averaging 2.5% STR averaged over two years]
total return: $2,000
total profit: $1,000

Given renewals, there isn't much meat left on the table, or margin for a down year. Every sale matters. Some members doom themselves, by selling their best bb domain(s) on the reseller market, and that domain ends up selling on BB for another seller. Hard to make sales when you sell your good domains on the reseller market, and those sellers end up with your bb sale(s).

Please feel free to correct any mistakes, or alter any figures for discussion purposes. Figures are rough estimates, and will vary with quality domains that are listed, and sell above $1,500... For one sale to equal $1,000 profit, the sale will be around $1,600 via bb. 30% - $100 logo fee.

Because every seller has to consider renewals, I have been extremely critical regarding brandbucket's $10 listing fee. While brandbucket offers free listing fee's, I don't feel it's a bad gig. My main issue is, and has always been, $10 listing fee's, given sellers have to account annual renewals and loss of parking revenue with mandatory forwarding. If BB owned every domain listed, they would carry est $400k per year renewal liability, plus initial domain investment. If you have a premium name, and it has potential to rank high among top searches, then I think it's worth a listing; depending on how premium, I think they decrease the commission fee now.

Last edited:
•••
This is the most BS statement ive seen on here. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Please don't post nonsense re "sour grapes" . NO ONE other than insiders make money on BB - NO ONE.

•••
In this days

the market that asks for money for listing your domains, do not think that you are going to sell, so play with advantage, and in case you sell it, a commission of 30% for names below $50,000 USD is absolutely crazy...

30% fee has no justification, taking into account that you have paid in advance, but also...brandbucket.com is not even indexed in top for the keywords :

Premium domain

buy domain

domain market

domain marketplace

so I have to think that a lot of traffic comes directly from the domains.. WHY I HAVE TO PAY THEN?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back